PDA

View Full Version : Azir - Free elo

Bob Loblaw
19 Oct 2014, 10:42am
Azir is a fucking monster. He's not ez-mode faceroll, but if you crush out some games, and actually figure out how to play him, he's one of the strongest casters in the game, and can be built tanky AP bruiser top.

Just don't play him against strong assassins with spammable gap-closers or high mobility. (Read: Zed, Yasuo (MID), Jarvan, Xin, Kass (TOP)). Playing safely vs these champs he can still survive with his insanely long range.

Been spamming him on my smurf for free elo. Play him until he reaches permaban status (I've already seen him starting to get banned).

Ideal runepage:
Hybrid pen (or magic pen) reds
1 (or 2) armour yellows - to prevent being base armour if they click your champ info
8 (or 7) scaling health yellows - his shield scales insanely well with health
cooldown blues
Flat AP quints, but anything can pretty much work for quints

If you have a rough matchup, run very defensive runes, and survive until his absurd scaling takes over and you start crushing. (Ie. Hybrid pen reds, flat armour EVERYTHING else).

Top: TP+Flash
Mid: Ignite+Flash

Top: RoA -> Liandries -> Lucidity Boots -> Rylais -> Randuins -> Banshees
After Rylais/Randuins, your shifting sands (when you knock someone up) shields for about 550. This means you can W->Q->E to engage on someone, then ult to split the fight in half.

Mid: RoA -> Deathcap -> Lucidity Boots -> Rylais -> Nashors Tooth -> Void Staff. If they aren't building much MR or you feel you are still doing INSANE damage even without Void, you can go Liandries which makes his Shifting Sands much stronger in dire situations.

I bought him and spammed like 10 games with him, and came to the conclusion he's absolutely fucking garbage. Then I realized I'm garbage and he is a rapefield, you just have to know how to play and build him.

BoM
20 Oct 2014, 10:18am
Fucking nerd

Bob Loblaw
23 Jan 2015, 11:22am
Remember when Azir wasn't banned every game?

Squid
23 Jan 2015, 11:39am
Remember when Azir wasn't banned every game?

Well I mean it's fucking warranted isn't it?

Kippe
23 Jan 2015, 01:31pm
i dunno why they had to buff him

rip pigeon

XeNo
23 Jan 2015, 02:24pm
His late game is out of control. It always has been. I've watched 0/8 Azirs come back late game and end a game like 18/10 it's so stupidly huge.

Banana Joe
23 Jan 2015, 02:30pm
Tbh I didn't see many Azir bans, his lategame is absolutely stupid though. I wonder if Kalista will ever really get popular, Rek'Sai is already a huge pain in the ass. Disgusting damage output.

Bob Loblaw
24 Jan 2015, 10:15am
Well I mean it's fucking warranted isn't it?

It's almost as if it were foretold...

ScubaToaster
24 Jan 2015, 12:08pm
birdman is as cancerous as spearwoman's lategame burst

BoA
25 Jan 2015, 12:38pm
after playing azir 3 times, i can confirmed that their late games are crazy.

Wertles
27 Jan 2015, 10:56am
His late game is out of control. It always has been. I've watched 0/8 Azirs come back late game and end a game like 18/10 it's so stupidly huge.

My first game as azir i fed 0/11 and then by the end I had 23 kills and stole baron 1v5 pentakill gg no re

Insane