PDA

View Full Version : Sprays In CS:GO, predefined by server :c Yay or Nay?

Punky
15 Oct 2014, 03:24pm
CS:GO Sprays Plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2118030)

First step to spray in csgo. Is it possible to set a custom spray for every user that requests it on the forum (supporters maybe c: and random spray for newcomers, randies)?

Elemental
15 Oct 2014, 03:37pm
having a custom spray for every single supporter on the server might add alot of download time, as im assuming players will have to download them, not sure if its such a good idea D:

Though if it is at all possible without adding too much DL time, that'd be friggin awesome, I've been wanting sprays forever in CSGO

Punky
15 Oct 2014, 03:42pm
having a custom spray for every single supporter on the server might add alot of download time, as im assuming players will have to download them, not sure if its such a good idea D:

Though if it is at all possible without adding too much DL time, that'd be friggin awesome, I've been wanting sprays forever in CSGO

How do you think sprays worked in css? you downloaded them anyway. Ofc if someone puts a request for a 5 mb spray then no it has to be compressed to like really small size ;/ Not a geek in this stuff but i think theres a way to do it somehow

$uperkiller67
15 Oct 2014, 05:30pm
uh just no, its just a plugin to download, i don't like this idea at all, waste of time trying to download something that is not worth it.

BoM
15 Oct 2014, 05:45pm
How do you think sprays worked in css? you downloaded them anyway.

No it didn't work that way.

Ofc if someone puts a request for a 5 mb spray then no it has to be compressed to like really small size ;/ Not a geek in this stuff but i think theres a way to do it somehow

There is a plugin for this I believe.....

Something along these lines has been discussed, mostly just adding a few sprays that people can use, setting up ones for supporter/subscriber [not each individual one] and what not. Adding one for every supporter would be a no go I'd imagine, that is an immense amount of space which means a long download. Depending on the server there will already be a long download, especially when we get a store for CSGO.

$uperkiller67
15 Oct 2014, 07:45pm
No it didn't work that way.

There is a plugin for this I believe.....

Something along these lines has been discussed, mostly just adding a few sprays that people can use, setting up ones for supporter/subscriber [not each individual one] and what not. Adding one for every supporter would be a no go I'd imagine, that is an immense amount of space which means a long download. Depending on the server there will already be a long download, especially when we get a store for CSGO.

A good Idea is to be able to buy a spray from the store. using credits that you receive in game.

Dirk
15 Oct 2014, 09:44pm
In CSS you downloaded a spray when someone used it. But that meant you didn't download it before joining and you only downloaded the ones that were being used. If EVERY supporter gets a spray you would have to download tons of them before you can join. I miss the CSS sprays but idk, its probably not worth having the extra download time or the time spent having people post what spray they want and then manually adding them all.

SexualHarassmentPanda
15 Oct 2014, 10:59pm
There is currently no way to restrict certain sprays to certain players or ranks using that plugin, but the entire command can be put under a flag in SM for Supporters+.

Perhaps keep it a sup+ command with preset sprays and give the future subscriber rank an opportunity to request sprays? File size isn't really that big of an issue in this case, if you cap the dimensions at 256x256 then both the .vtf and .vmt of each spray will be <50kb depending on the image format (DXT1 will probably be fine and saves on the killerbytesss).

Edit: aylmao onion get stomped

Nuclear Onion
15 Oct 2014, 11:01pm
In CSS you downloaded a spray when someone used it. But that meant you didn't download it before joining and you only downloaded the ones that were being used. If EVERY supporter gets a spray you would have to download tons of them before you can join. I miss the CSS sprays but idk, its probably not worth having the extra download time or the time spent having people post what spray they want and then manually adding them all.

How about a subscriber perk?

Edit: fucking shp pls