PDA

View Full Version : Unrestrict Scout?

pizan
11 Oct 2014, 12:30pm
Can the scout get unrestricted? It is not like Source where you run faster with a scout than with a knife. I don't see any other reason to have it restricted.

Punky
12 Oct 2014, 01:23pm
Question is why do we need scout actually? Maybe lower knockback, jumping shots, still its a meh weapon in ze imo.

DrWolfy
12 Oct 2014, 04:53pm
Question why not?

You certainly run faster than the awp with it, giving you more ability to quicksope, plus, it reloads faster, making it as useful as a M4A4 or Ak-47, the headshot gives knockback enough to send the zombie back and sa

Punky
12 Oct 2014, 05:03pm
I'm not against trying it out, but still we have to be careful, because even a smallest change can ruin the server ;c

SpikedRocker
15 Oct 2014, 12:17am
The reason it probably got restricted was due to this thread: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57981

When I first started coming back this is something that screamed at me that needed to get fixed and if scout is restricted then I'd assume they did it because of that.

It may be a temporary thing until they fix the knockback issue, but I have yet to hear anything on it. Trust me it got annoying that headshot zombs were able to fly around and exploit the map.

Scottx125
15 Oct 2014, 02:58am
The reason it probably got restricted was due to this thread: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57981

When I first started coming back this is something that screamed at me that needed to get fixed and if scout is restricted then I'd assume they did it because of that.

It may be a temporary thing until they fix the knockback issue, but I have yet to hear anything on it. Trust me it got annoying that head shot zombies were able to fly around and exploit the map.

This, using scouts and awps is a double edged sword (in my opinion the awp should be removed too), on maps like helms deep it is effective at either launching zombies miles from the keep or miles into the keep (miles from the keep causes great frustration for zombies whilst into the keep causes great frustration for CT's). However on maps such as mako where you have bosses you need weapons with a high rate of fire (this also applies to helms deep on the ladder segment), having awps and scouts in significant numbers usually dooms the team to fail because they do not have a high DOPS (damage output per second), which can only be provided when using weapons such as the p-90 and negev.

Crazy Swede
15 Oct 2014, 08:07am
Since we're on the topic about AWP's as well. I don't support a full on restriction of AWP's. Instead we should have limited permitted amount of AWP's. I would suggest we permit 20% of the total amount of players on the server, to use AWP. For example:
<10 players 2 awp
>20 4 awp's
>30 6 awps
>40 8 awps etc etc

Punky
15 Oct 2014, 08:43am
Give everyone pp-bizon = problem solved

Turtlefiish
15 Oct 2014, 09:57am
I genuinely don't see the weapon being used that often, so yeah, probably won't hurt to unblock it.

Since we're on the topic about AWP's as well. I don't support a full on restriction of AWP's. Instead we should have limited permitted amount of AWP's. I would suggest we permit 20% of the total amount of players on the server, to use AWP. For example:
<10 players 2 awp
>20 4 awp's
>30 6 awps
>40 8 awps etc etc

40:8 gives pretty much 1/4 of the team with AWPs, that's still a disaster waiting to happen as it's pretty likely that those 8 slots will be filled every round. With Helms Deep last night there was a point where I went into spectate and I counted about 18 out of the 30ish people on, surprisingly they lost every round and still kept up the same number of AWPers.

If we could add a plugin (if one exists) that allowed players to vote weapons enabled/disabled, with the 8 limit alongside that. It'd probably solve the balance between having fun with the knockback, and not screwing over the entire team in the process.

Give everyone pp-bizon = problem solved

That or the p90, actually let's go for the 1-bullet UMP with a bazillion knockback again.

Crazy Swede
15 Oct 2014, 12:14pm
If we could add a plugin (if one exists) that allowed players to vote weapons enabled/disabled, with the 8 limit alongside that. It'd probably solve the balance between having fun with the knockback, and not screwing over the entire team in the process.

Maybe adabt the system they frequently use in BF4? Sniper lottery. You type !sniper in chat to participate in the sniper lottery. A bit into that round, the winners will be chosen and be automatically given a sniper (in this case, an AWP). The snipers in the previous round should have a decreased chance of winning. This will make it more fair when there's competition for having the AWP.

Purchasing the AWP through buymenu or !zmarket should how ever be restricted to prevent it to be circumvented. Any thoughts?

Liam Brown
15 Oct 2014, 08:21pm
Just disable the AWP on certain maps like Helms Deep where the knockback causes problems.

SpikedRocker
15 Oct 2014, 10:43pm
All the options discussed are viable, I am sure its just a matter of getting something that works on the server and it may just take a bit of time.

Scottx125
16 Oct 2014, 02:41am
Problem is people believe AWPS/Scouts hold significant value in ZE. And whilst this remains true, it in many cases is counter productive to the team effort. Which is why aside from having it completely removed, we should only have a max of 5 snipers. This is because not everyone is going to go for a logical weapon that has high DPS such as the p-90 and negev (bizon is behind both due to its rate of fire). And what some people will go for is the nova, now whilst this is not as bad as the AWP as it has a slightly better rate of fire and good damage, you are still gonna get a few people who use it. So you should expect a balance as such on a server of 40 pop:10% snipers, 10% shotties, 50% DPS weapons appropriate for the map and 30% using other weapons which are not optimal but are acceptable such as the bizon.

Punky
16 Oct 2014, 02:51am
But bizon is a great weapon. Even if its ROF isn't as high as p90 or negev, its accuracy and recoil pattern makes it easy to control also easy headshot even when running, where with negev its not efficient and even many people cant shoot properly with it when standing still or crouching and it results in only like 1/3 or 2/3 of bullets actually hitting the target

Sent from my bananaphone

Elemental
16 Oct 2014, 04:17am
Yeah, I've really grown to love the Bizon in ZE, mostly due to it's massive magazine and insane reload speed, much, MUCH better than the p90 imo

Anyway, max 5 snipers + lottery system would probably be for the best I think

Bdcoll
16 Oct 2014, 06:14am
I agree with the idea of limiting the number of AWPS on the server. Maybe make it 15% of the server though at maximum can have them. Scouts should be allowed, and put into the category with them as well.

As for the best weapon? Nothing beats the Nova in a holding point situation, whilst every other idiot holding the point is reloading at the same time.

Elemental
16 Oct 2014, 06:40am
As for the best weapon? Nothing beats the Nova in a holding point situation, whilst every other idiot holding the point is reloading at the same time.

I hate most people on ZE :(

Punky
16 Oct 2014, 07:11am
I hate most people on ZE :(
because most of them seem to be #nosound which sucks more

Sent from my bananaphone

Elemental
16 Oct 2014, 07:25am
I'm on !nosound and it's fucking great O.O best thing ever.
Doesn't mean I can't see when someone's shooting or reloading =p

Punky
16 Oct 2014, 07:28am
I'm on !nosound and it's fucking great O.O best thing ever.
Doesn't mean I can't see when someone's shooting or reloading =p
Not talking only about reloading but situations like, the most known, "DON'T GO ON THE RAMP" :c

Sent from my bananaphone

Elemental
16 Oct 2014, 07:42am
Not talking only about reloading but situations like, the most known, "DON'T GO ON THE RAMP" :c

Sent from my bananaphone

Edging, fail nades, fail knives, fail AWP's, fail teamwork, you can see it all, on SteamGamers Zombie Escape. :3

Punky
16 Oct 2014, 08:43am
Edging, fail nades, fail knives, fail AWP's, fail teamwork, you can see it all, on SteamGamers Zombie Escape. :3
How can we fail something that doesn't exist on sg ze. Yes I'm talking about you "teamwork"

Turtlefiish
16 Oct 2014, 09:57am
How can we fail something that doesn't exist on sg ze. Yes I'm talking about you "teamwork"

Those weird bots I saw (THEY WERE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL) probably worked the best as a team that I've seen, admittedly they didn't do much, but they also didn't break shit either xD

Scottx125
16 Oct 2014, 07:06pm

SG's teamwork ability i consider to be awful, however sometimes you can get a glimmer of hope from them and i have been on when we have all worked together to get something done and it works gloriously. Plus the fact that compared to other servers SG actually has something called 'Teamwork' lol..

pizan
17 Oct 2014, 03:45pm
The other day we had some great teamwork on Helms Deep shooting down ladders. It might have failed right away after the retreat, but we did have some for a little bit.

Henrik
22 Oct 2014, 03:12pm

^

DrWolfy
23 Oct 2014, 03:43pm
Teamwork decreases gradually with the amount of players on the server.