PDA

View Full Version : [Minecraft] Build Event - Oct 12th 7pm EST

Prez
10 Oct 2014, 05:23pm
http://i.imgur.com/cA8iLn7.jpg

The last event was really fun! Thought it'd be cool do another one this week hopefully with more people on. Like the title says it'll be this sunday at 7pm EST (so for most EU around 12am or 1am).

Server details:

IP: 75.102.34.230:25575

For this one, the theme will be to build your best cathedral! -
like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Cathedral_of_Exeter_edit.jpg

http://www.cathedral.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/P1050229.jpg

You have 24 hours to build on your plot (from 7:00pm to 7:00pm)

How to get to plotme world/how to claim a plot to build on

At spawn, there is a sign that you right click to get to plotme or use the portal (to the left) at spawn. The sign looks like this:

http://puu.sh/bZrRJ/a8124f3bd8.jpg

So on the plotme world you can basically claim any plot that isn't already claimed using /plotme claim in chat. After you do that, it's yours to build!

To add people to it (for collabs), use the command /plotme add <player>.

ex: /plotme add Vivian would add Vivian as a builder on our plot

When the event is done, everyone who's participating please PM pictures of your build to me so I can make a poll for everyone :D

YOU MAY ONLY VOTE IF YOU REGISTERED BEFORE 11.10.2014

[Plot size] 112x112
[Build time] 24 hours

Winner's Prize: Any steam game worth $25 or less

Hope to see a lot of people there! Btw if anyone has questions minecraft-wise ask me, BoM, Silent or Vinyl. Post here if you have questions about the event too. :pink:

Nate3501
10 Oct 2014, 07:44pm
Im in also if anyone needs help with crafting and stuff I can propaly help.

Prez
10 Oct 2014, 08:06pm
Aight, since cathedrals can get pretty huge we might be doing it on another world within the server, stay tuned. Also, credit to Silent for doing a shit ton of work on the server, sorry man :<

Last note: the cathedral theme will definitely be a big task for people, so the time-limit has been upped to 3 hours - 7-10PM.

(thanks to BoM for the changes)

$uperkiller67
10 Oct 2014, 08:19pm
okay lets do this you know i am going to win.

SilentGuns
11 Oct 2014, 12:27pm
Some information

1. I created a new plotworld for events with 112 plotsize and increased plot limit, this should be enough for now. I also added plotme instructions in hologram form (in case someone did not bother reading instructions here) - the only thing left to do is add a portal to the event tomorrow.

2. Eldaria, Eldaria_nether and Eldaria_the_end end will be unloaded for the duration of the event because I think something related to those worlds is crashing the server, if not then we will know. I will try to make a backup of inventories this time but you always put your stuff in chests just to be sure.

3. There might be a team size limit and extra time for this event, prez will let you know.

A big thank you to prez for this event and the lovely prize. I am also willing to create a schematic of the winner, upload it to planet minecraft and give the winner credit - all with permission, of course.

Prez
12 Oct 2014, 04:14pm
The event starts at 7! I'm doing thanksgiving things with my family so I can't participate, but will be there at the start.

All people doing it please PM me your creations at the end and I will make a judging thread! :>

Prez
12 Oct 2014, 05:13pm
Okay, so here's the deal. Cathedrals are hard as fuck to build and take a while, so Silent I agreed:

The event's gonna last until 7PM EST TOMORROW, to give you guys enough time and for late joiners to start. So you have a full 24 hours to build.

SilentGuns
12 Oct 2014, 05:17pm
Eldaria(survival) has been disabled for 24 hours to reduce the chances of a server crash. If it does crash then we should have someone online to restart it, if there is nobody then I am very sorry.

See you in the (European) morning.

Elemental
13 Oct 2014, 10:28am
Might roam around and check progress, but I really suck ass at Cathedrals and the like xD

SilentGuns
13 Oct 2014, 05:05pm
The even world is now closed. Please start sending screenshots of your work to prez.

Prez
13 Oct 2014, 05:15pm
Thanks to everyone who participated this time around! There was a lot more activity which is great, and I hope everyone had fun even though the time limit was a little short still for the theme :P

I'm going to wait til tomorrow to post a poll so everyone can PM me their screenshots. If you need any help let me know on here or via steam (black_shadow_rider). :D