PDA

View Full Version : I like to bake and make junk food.

eXx
3 Oct 2014, 09:42pm
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site. I'd thought I'd start off by showing you one of my many hobbies. I love cooking and I especially like baking. I do it for fun, but I have made contributions to bake sales and fundraisers. Here's some of the crap I've made over the years. Let me know if you'd like the recipe for any of these!

French Macarons with Peanut Butter Butter Cream
I actually don't like the taste of French Macarons, but I LOVE making them. They usually take me about 2-3 hours to make. It's partly because I'm quite inefficient, but most recipes usually require only 1.5-2 hours. They're a challenge to me and I haven't quite mastered them. It's frustrating but a lot of fun.

Mini Chocolate Vegan "Cheese" Cakes
This is a cashew-based dessert. When cashews are soaked in water and blended in a blender, they'll get a soft cream cheese-like texture. The crust was made with crushed Oreos (yes, Oreos are vegan!), but this dessert can be made gluten-free if you leave them out! Often times, people complain that vegan and gluten-free things tastes like cardboard. I make it my mission to make food that is delicious AND unhealthy!

Decorated Sugar Cookies
This was made last February for a workplace full of programmers. Notice the "I LOVE VB 6" in the last row. Spoiler alert: No one loves VB.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
These were birthday cupcakes made for a gluten-intolerant friend. Again, I made sure they didn't taste like crap.

Sarah's Birthday Cake
This is my most recent birthday cake for a friend. It's gluten-free because one of my other friends has Coeliac disease. The cherry blossoms were inspired by cherry blossom cupcakes I saw on Reddit.

It looks like I can only make five uploads for posts, so I'll end here. I hope we become friends! :)

Extreme Potatoes
3 Oct 2014, 09:46pm
Well if you'd like, I know someone who will gladly pay you money for mass quantities of your baked goods.

*cough* F4TROATTACK *cough*

eXx
3 Oct 2014, 09:52pm
Well if you'd like, I know someone who will gladly pay you money for mass quantities of your baked goods.

Haha, I don't know who that is, but sure!

vivian pls
3 Oct 2014, 09:53pm
I'd like to order all of the cupcakes. Thanks.

BoM
3 Oct 2014, 10:35pm
I'd like to order all of the cupcakes. Thanks.

fat

SilentGuns
4 Oct 2014, 04:14am
Those look really good.

James*

Though, I would also love to stuff my face with those delicious treats. *Licks screen*

vivian pls
4 Oct 2014, 04:50am
fat
They're for a friend... :spy: