PDA

View Full Version : Damn Hammer

Zargotelc
9 Jun 2008, 06:52am
:cursing:

Reinstalled CS:S and Hammer yesterday , and then I create this simple map with a CT and T spawn , and a light. To my surprise such a simple map with a hollow room and aforementioned objects won't even compile without crashing the game. Every time I get a stupid HL2 crash error. I don't have HL2 installed on this computer though , is it necessary for Hammer?

SpikedRocker
9 Jun 2008, 07:37am
:cursing:

Reinstalled CS:S and Hammer yesterday , and then I create this simple map with a CT and T spawn , and a light. To my surprise such a simple map with a hollow room and aforementioned objects won't even compile without crashing the game. Every time I get a stupid HL2 crash error. I don't have HL2 installed on this computer though , is it necessary for Hammer?

The HL2.exe error i believe is the source engine error. Which hammer does use. With all your recent problems I'd almost start a dialogue with source/valve. Possible that you are running out of resources to run the program (memory or processor) but I don't see that being the real issue, I run bare bones with both and don't have the problems you do. Try freeing up as much resources you can and try compiling again.

Marquis Posa
9 Jun 2008, 08:06am
if you upload the .vmf file i could try to compile it on my pc.

Zargotelc
9 Jun 2008, 09:57am
I tried it later today and it's fixed. I guess Hl2 has to be fully downloaded for it to work properly or something.