PDA

View Full Version : Some concerns

Leon
2 Sep 2014, 02:28pm
I am glad that zombie escape is doing well but there are a few things that not only bother me but for some players I've interacted with lately.

1. AWPs: On helms deep, it can make them fly nearly anywhere and nearly the whole time on that map alone, we could not even get past while defending the wall. They fly right behind us or the spot where the battering ram goes to. Is it possible to restrict the weapon on certain maps?

2. Of course when I played css ze, I never had issues while playing but I have been lagging hard core on certain maps. I've had to put everything on low (:frown:) and my fps drops really bad and trying to disconnect takes forever. I've used a command and I think it is working but I'd like to have my settings back on high.

3. And lastly, it seems like every map has dark colors and even putting the brightness up or down makes it worse. Any way to fix it?

Skyrocket
2 Sep 2014, 03:19pm
The last 2 problems are likely caused by the difference between CS:S and CS:GO's engines, the CS:S maps are not optimized for CS:GO's engines and thus the lighting and optimization tricks likely don't transfer over nearly as well. This really can't be fixed outside of rebuilding the maps.

BlackWhite
2 Sep 2014, 03:42pm
I would love to see AWP being restrict. Bunch of newbies brough awp for an indoor maps, making defend harder.

I have been using everygame on low settings, or below average. so I can't really say about your settings problem

Lastly, I though i was the only one with the very dark colour texture. I have to open my flash light when i don't need to before (in csgo).

Sniper
2 Sep 2014, 05:27pm
The only issue I've been getting is the "Failed to join session. Please try again." error.

Scottx125
3 Sep 2014, 02:27am
There are already some performance fix suggestions HERE (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57807), however compared to CS:S, CS:GO is alot more system intensive in comparison. Also i agree that the awps need to either be removed or heavily restricted.

Pan32
3 Sep 2014, 09:37am
I am glad that zombie escape is doing well but there are a few things that not only bother me but for some players I've interacted with lately.

1. AWPs: On helms deep, it can make them fly nearly anywhere and nearly the whole time on that map alone, we could not even get past while defending the wall. They fly right behind us or the spot where the battering ram goes to. Is it possible to restrict the weapon on certain maps?

2. Of course when I played css ze, I never had issues while playing but I have been lagging hard core on certain maps. I've had to put everything on low (:frown:) and my fps drops really bad and trying to disconnect takes forever. I've used a command and I think it is working but I'd like to have my settings back on high.

3. And lastly, it seems like every map has dark colors and even putting the brightness up or down makes it worse. Any way to fix it?

I've been thinking on what to do about the helms deep case, im just tempted to restrict the awp on that map completely

You already asked me about the fps issues, I can't really do anything, CS:GO is way heavier. Even though its based on the same engine (source engine), modifications were made, and things are different.

About the brightness, I suggest you to use the nightvision, by doing either sm_nv, sm_nvg, sm_nightvision, sm_nvision, sm_vn or the flashlight.

Frosty
6 Sep 2014, 11:06am
The AWP ruined a lot of maps on CS:S as I remember, Helms Deep especially since you can't defend the castle with AWPS when you need to use the other guns.

SpikedRocker
7 Sep 2014, 11:48am
I agree with the AWP restriction, every time I've been on the server you always get someone (usually 3 or 4) that uses it. You may also want to restrict scout and auto sniper for the same reasons. I believe it has to do with the knockback ratio with damage, if you get a full amount of AWP damage its usually worse than a fail nade knockaround.

I've seen a zombie get knocked from the start of the ramp fly around towards the top of the skybox then land towards the castle or even in it.

Scottx125
8 Sep 2014, 10:07am
I think we also need to put stricter rules on knifing zombies. People may not always intend this but people are knifing zombies into other humans or across the map. A perfect example (back to helms deep) is that in the pit that captures humans, if the humans knife the zombie the zombie can end up flying into the castle, meaning an instant game over.

Turtlefiish
8 Sep 2014, 12:18pm
I think we also need to put stricter rules on knifing zombies. People may not always intend this but people are knifing zombies into other humans or across the map. A perfect example (back to helms deep) is that in the pit that captures humans, if the humans knife the zombie the zombie can end up flying into the castle, meaning an instant game over.

I usually find that the problem isn't the knife but actually because I can't see the name of the guy knifing :/ hard to enforce.

Jazz
8 Sep 2014, 01:45pm
I disagree with AWP restriction. People like using snipers, its a fundamental part of the game. But perhaps it needs nerfing on headshot knockback.

Pan32
9 Sep 2014, 05:02am
I've been working around and checking just how much can I bend the hitboxes. I will probably try to test the fixes im working on in a few days, along with some maps, so until then, just hold on and try to kee0 the server populated

Frosty
9 Sep 2014, 12:12pm
I've been working around and checking just how much can I bend the hitboxes. I will probably try to test the fixes im working on in a few days, along with some maps, so until then, just hold on and try to kee0 the server populated

What about restricting it to like five people on helms deep?