PDA

View Full Version : prop diffrences

Svendy
8 Jun 2008, 03:32pm
I cant seem to get it, whats the diffrence between
prop_static, prop_dynamic, prop_physics, prop_physics_multiplayer, prop_physics_override and prop_dynamic_override?
I've tryed to read about them on http://developer.valvesoftware.com/ but it didn't help me at all.
also what prop type is ideal for moving around and not breaking aka perfect for blocades?

SATAN
8 Jun 2008, 05:33pm
prop_static does not move
prop physics is usualy the models that break like the plants in office or furniture.
prop_physics_mutiplayer is what is used for couches, soda machines and such used for barricades, those will not break.
I used prop_dynamic on models i wanted to attach to something because they have a Parent option, such as wheels on a truck.

As for prop_physics_override and prop_dynamic_override i dont really know ive never used them.

Svendy
14 Jun 2008, 02:34pm
thanks satan, but if prop_physics_multiplayer doesn't break, then I must be doing something wrong. On my firts test after only 3 glock shots my wooden chairs and tables break, while my metal office chairs doesnt break. On my 2nd test, i changed the properties to ignore damage under 500, which resulted in it couldn't be move unless i jumped on it. Are some models designed to break easely while ohters don't?

BOOWY
14 Jun 2008, 03:31pm
I've used prop_physics_override to make things static. It's got a lot of flagged options, you can make things static with it. I think it's main use is to override the default physics settings for some models, like you can change the weight of cars to be light as a feather and stuff like that.

Blubla
14 Jun 2008, 04:17pm
I use prop_physics_override for moveable stuff.
Of course There are a few other ways of accomplishing movable props for zombie mod maps.

"prop_physics_override" isnīt that glitchy and players wonīt stuck in the props so easily. You can also use "prop_physics_multiplayer" but I recommend you to use "prop_physics_override".:wink:

Svendy
17 Jun 2008, 12:05pm
wow thanks it works perfectly now :w00t: