PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine thread

SilentGuns
28 Aug 2014, 04:40am
Situation as of October 5th

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10658703_309864322530710_4464875117943851431_o.jpg

http://liveuamap.com/

Despite the ceasefire, fighting continues in eastern Ukraine with the most intense battles happing in and around Donetsk airport- the Russians have made numerous attampts at taking the airport but wave after wave of infantry and tank attacks have so far failed. The Ukranian army holds the advantage due to the bunker complex under the airport which allows them to take cover during GRAD and other artillery bombardments and then come out and take care of any infantry push that may follow.

The Ukranians are not able to stage a massive counterattack due to the lack of weapons and other equipment. The rebels on the other hand are suspected to be supplied by Russia with both weapons and thounsands of soldiers ( whom Russia claims are on vacation and simply volunteers in Ukraine).

Semi-related news:

Meanwhile the US army ‘Ironhorse’ armored cavalry unit has arrived in the Baltic states with 700 soldiers , 20 Abrams tanks and many Bradley and Stryker armored fighting vehicles. Tensions between NATO and Russia continue to climb as this move puts US troops very close to Russia. Though it is more of a symbolic move, it will hopefully stop Russian meddling in the business of these countries which also have significant Russian minority.

Who do you support?

Dirk
28 Aug 2014, 05:18am
I support Ukraine all the way obviously.

Revolution18
28 Aug 2014, 07:53am
Obviously Ukraine because yeah they had some shitty Gov't but while trying to fix it people started thinking hey lets just take over this area and claim it as our own. Also all the videos of the "rebels" throwing molotovs into police building saying let them burn to death was the best PR possible. I think Ukraine wants to keep it's country if these people want to be Russian then move.

Dirk
28 Aug 2014, 09:14am
Obviously Ukraine because yeah they had some shitty Gov't but while trying to fix it people started thinking hey lets just take over this area and claim it as our own. Also all the videos of the "rebels" throwing molotovs into police building saying let them burn to death was the best PR possible. I think Ukraine wants to keep it's country if these people want to be Russian then move.

and of course there is the fact that Russia is denying giving weapons to the rebels, the same weapons that did things like shoot down air liners, even though everyone knows they are and there is video evidence of them doing it. Just proves that Russia really is the same shitty bully of a country it was during the cold war.

Vy
28 Aug 2014, 09:55am
What's actually happening in Ukraine.

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/auto-9gag-1200339.jpeg

Revolution18
28 Aug 2014, 10:38am
and of course there is the fact that Russia is denying giving weapons to the rebels, the same weapons that did things like shoot down air liners, even though everyone knows they are and there is video evidence of them doing it. Just proves that Russia really is the same shitty bully of a country it was during the cold war.Oh I totally agree, but I try not to throw out the obvious Russian movement of troops and weapons. The airliner was a terrible tragedy that no one will pay for. So I felt the need to leave it lay.

Korean Ninja
30 Aug 2014, 06:12pm
Troops? What troops
I don't know what you're talking about

Vy
1 Sep 2014, 02:26am
I don't like Ukraine's military because they've bombed civilian areas.

Paralyzed
1 Sep 2014, 04:53pm
I don't like Ukraine's military because they've bombed civilian areas.

Has there been an actual 'trusted' source that confirmed this or has it only been a speculation so far, but no further evidence was found? Could you provide a link from a trusted news source claiming that Ukraine indeed did bomb civilian areas?

Vy
2 Sep 2014, 01:12pm
Has there been an actual 'trusted' source that confirmed this or has it only been a speculation so far, but no further evidence was found? Could you provide a link from a trusted news source claiming that Ukraine indeed did bomb civilian areas?

http://www.sott.net/article/284923-Human-Rights-Watch-Ukrainian-government-forces-responsible-for-civilian-casualties

And dozens of videos made by people showing bombed schools, residential areas, town squares. You got to understand that most of the rebels (obviously excluding any Russian military 'volunteers' or any other 'volunteers' are people that are from those areas. They aren't evil communist people ready to kill friends and family to try and get support.

Bdcoll
3 Sep 2014, 02:05pm
This is a war.

Not playing on CSS. Not a fight in the playground. Not a minor scuffle after too many drinks, but War. This is what happens in war, especially when one army entrenches itself into an urban area. The only two strategies are to either march in their, take heavy casualties, and hope you gain control, or bombard the city, and hope to starve out its defenders.

Harpr33t
7 Sep 2014, 12:23am
http://www.sott.net/article/284923-Human-Rights-Watch-Ukrainian-government-forces-responsible-for-civilian-casualties

And dozens of videos made by people showing bombed schools, residential areas, town squares. You got to understand that most of the rebels (obviously excluding any Russian military 'volunteers' or any other 'volunteers' are people that are from those areas. They aren't evil communist people ready to kill friends and family to try and get support.
You should stop spreading your lies about the Russian troops in Ukraine being volunteers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v5SbQAjbsUo

That's definitely not a mechanized Russian brigade

Bdcoll
7 Sep 2014, 06:41am
Silly Harpr33t, we both know the tanks were just borrowed by troops taking holiday leave.

high rws
7 Sep 2014, 01:59pm
I support the self determination of Russian majority areas in Ukraine through peaceful and lawful democratic procedures

SilentGuns
5 Oct 2014, 06:31am
Updated OP with some more info if anyone is interested.

Dirk
5 Oct 2014, 06:56am
Abrams vs. T72/T80/T90.