PDA

View Full Version : Re-Enable !zadmin on the server

Turtlefiish
24 Aug 2014, 09:57am
I know it's on the server, but it's currently greyed-out on all options. Would be useful to have it back on as it's an excellent way of creating impromptu events for the server, which is stupidly helpful when trying to fill it and get things rolling. Being able to switch to non-rotation maps with it was also fun for having events, cs_office/dust ones were weird but fun.

Also allows admins to tweak knockback settings and gun availability on-the-fly in maps so we can adjust things if they're going far too easily (say on maps with lots of jumping and everyone buys a machine gun/awp and stops the zombies from getting anywhere - usually things like rooftop or sorrento) or if certain guns are damaging the team on maps (awps on a load of them).

Another thing is that no permanent damage can be done with it, anything done automatically resets back to the server defaults on a mapchange. When we last had it, it was so useful and rarely abused (I can only think of one example where someone was abusing repeatedly to turn humans into zombies for no reason, that happened when I was offline and only heard about it from other people, no idea who was doing that). Swede can attest to that if you need him to.

-

For those unfamiliar with it, it's a plugin on the server that allows for ingame modification of zombiemod settings (zombie speeds/health/regen/etc, gun/knockback settings, spawn rates) from a menu, like I said, nothing permanent can be done with it.

I considered putting this in the admin section, decided it be much fairer to have everyone putting an input in, especially people playing to see if they'd be happy with admins being able to change the settings ingame when needed (when we last had it, nothing was ever done without a vote preceding it).

Vy
24 Aug 2014, 11:11am
Would be nice if admins did interesting stuff!

WickedZealot
24 Aug 2014, 01:08pm
No leave it inactive.

Scottx125
25 Aug 2014, 11:15am
No leave it inactive.

Why :O? It sounds useful for admins.

Pan32
25 Aug 2014, 12:23pm
No leave it inactive.

Why :O? It sounds useful for admins.

And way too powerful as well...

BlackEagle
25 Aug 2014, 01:30pm
I'm ok with it not being active. I'd rather have an AO come in and run the actual event than to see some admins maybe wanting to run their own show and change stuff around and make everyone leave.

Crazy Swede
25 Aug 2014, 09:46pm
I know it's on the server, but it's currently greyed-out on all options. Would be useful to have it back on as it's an excellent way of creating impromptu events for the server, which is stupidly helpful when trying to fill it and get things rolling. Being able to switch to non-rotation maps with it was also fun for having events, cs_office/dust ones were weird but fun.

Also allows admins to tweak knockback settings and gun availability on-the-fly in maps so we can adjust things if they're going far too easily (say on maps with lots of jumping and everyone buys a machine gun/awp and stops the zombies from getting anywhere - usually things like rooftop or sorrento) or if certain guns are damaging the team on maps (awps on a load of them).

Another thing is that no permanent damage can be done with it, anything done automatically resets back to the server defaults on a mapchange. When we last had it, it was so useful and rarely abused (I can only think of one example where someone was abusing repeatedly to turn humans into zombies for no reason, that happened when I was offline and only heard about it from other people, no idea who was doing that). Swede can attest to that if you need him to.

-

For those unfamiliar with it, it's a plugin on the server that allows for ingame modification of zombiemod settings (zombie speeds/health/regen/etc, gun/knockback settings, spawn rates) from a menu, like I said, nothing permanent can be done with it.

I considered putting this in the admin section, decided it be much fairer to have everyone putting an input in, especially people playing to see if they'd be happy with admins being able to change the settings ingame when needed (when we last had it, nothing was ever done without a vote preceding it).

I remember when I was an AO and I had to disable !zadmin because it was so heavily abused by SA's. *cough* turtlefiish *cough*

BoM
26 Aug 2014, 02:39am
I remember when I was an AO and I had to disable !zadmin because it was so heavily abused by SA's. *cough* turtlefiish *cough*

Called the fuck out

Nuclear Onion
26 Aug 2014, 07:32am
Well rip that idea.

Frosty
26 Aug 2014, 01:41pm

It was actually the time when CS:S ZE completely died and no higher up could be bothered doing anything with the server so we admins had to do something by ourselves to help get it populated, and it actually worked.