PDA

View Full Version : New default map

Vy
21 Aug 2014, 08:41am
Atix helicopter has served the server well in cs:s, but it doesn't get anyone to the server in cs go what so ever. It only starts filling up if people start joining and inviting friends. Also, it's pretty boring now, especially when most of the players can't even open the hatches.

I've picked a few maps that I think would suit best as the new default map. If you don't like any of those, suggest it in the thread.

:pink:

Edit: Poll will end in 14 days (I think)

Scottx125
21 Aug 2014, 09:40am
I disagree that its boring, i think its a fine starting map. One of the only CSGO maps i think is overall OK. I think the map should stay as it is a perfect sort of balance between classic ze maps and modern boss ze maps (i know its not but thats how i feel). And true it only starts filling up when people start joining (duuurrrr!). However i think the server is fine as it is, i've seen it someday's having no people on which is fine, people like breaks. Then on some days i've seen the server with 40ppl on at 3pm GMT+1. Which is fantastic.

Vy
21 Aug 2014, 10:19am
sort of balance between classic ze maps and modern boss ze mapsHow is it a balance between classical and modern maps? :crazy:

The map kills the server, because after the restart no one wants to join it. And we had it as a default map for years now, a bit of change won't hurt anyone.

Then on some days i've seen the server with 40ppl on at 3pm GMT+1. Which is fantastic.And I've seen the server at 57 at 6am GMT. Then it drops to around 20 players who leave because of the restart. Some also don't join because of the map. Not everyone likes it.

BlackEagle
21 Aug 2014, 11:58am
The starting map isn't going to matter much. The population drops on every server once it crashes/restarts.

I think atix heli is one of the few maps that is actually somewhat balanced at the moment between the humans and zombies. I've seen the server close to full on it to. The time of day is going to impact the number of people playing it so that could be more a reason than the actual map itself.

If people don't like it they can always rtv it!

Vy
21 Aug 2014, 01:15pm
We always rtv it. So why not change it into a good map?

Scottx125
21 Aug 2014, 02:08pm
How is it a balance between classical and modern maps? :crazy:

The map kills the server, because after the restart no one wants to join it. And we had it as a default map for years now, a bit of change won't hurt anyone.

And I've seen the server at 57 at 6am GMT. Then it drops to around 20 players who leave because of the restart. Some also don't join because of the map. Not everyone likes it.

Apparently people do not read an entire post before they post... I said in my mind, i did not say it makes any sense. And BlackEagle is right, its not the start map that is the problem, the problem is the server constantly crashing/restarting killing the server pop.

Turtlefiish
21 Aug 2014, 03:33pm
We always rtv it. So why not change it into a good map?

It's already a good map, seeing as I've used it a stupid amount of times to pull people onto the server. Hell that's why it was made the default map.

Also I meant to hit "Don't change" and somehow missed.

SplittingSkulls
21 Aug 2014, 07:07pm
It works everytime! Just now it made the server from 2-40 in about 5 mins keep it even if you don't like it because it's an easy map to beat and it gets people ready to mash some zombies!

Sniper
21 Aug 2014, 07:34pm
The current map is fine. However, if it were to ever change, I'd suggest boatescape. Like atix, it's easy to beat, and not to mention it's a classic.

Pan32
21 Aug 2014, 07:44pm
A important note: I value much more the votes that are then explained in detail on a post, because not only I get a sense on what you are looking for as a feature, as I also know the reason why "a" and not "b" or "c". All votes still count nevertheless, but I do appreciate if you spend some time explaining your vote

Revolution18
21 Aug 2014, 08:54pm
I do like ATIX helicopter it might be one of my favorite maps so biased incoming. The map is fine and as it sits it is one of the few maps where with the new player base we can actually win as Humans. I have been on the map with an entirely full server and you do here RTV but everyone says that about every map. (extremely annoying). If enough people feel the need to change the start map change it to SST or another simple map, but i vote for it to stay the same. Good enough to count my vote pan??

Vy
21 Aug 2014, 11:17pm
It's already a good map, seeing as I've used it a stupid amount of times to pull people onto the server. Hell that's why it was made the default map.

Also I meant to hit "Don't change" and somehow missed.Older players might like it, but a lot of the newer ones don't. Like I said, I go by experience. In the past few weeks we've always changed the map right away to baotescape, chicken lords, sst or rooftop and it started getting a lot of random people. Newer people don't really know the maps so they usually pick it for the pretty name...

Besides, it's been default map for such a long time. Why not change it? Every other map is likely going to get the same population, because there's really no way to test map preference for newer players, as they're not active on forums.

The current map is fine. However, if it were to ever change, I'd suggest boatescape. Like atix, it's easy to beat, and not to mention it's a classic.I though about adding boatescape, but it's a bit too big for an underpopulated server.

-

Another issue I find in this map is that it doesn't represent ze that well. It's basically a zm map with a copter that picks you up after a certain amount of time. But there is little of zombie escape in it.

BlackEagle
22 Aug 2014, 06:39am
I played it two days ago with nobody complaining or rtving right after a server restart. We played it out and beat it a couple times then went to mako where everyone wanted to rtv right away.

So it depends on who you're playing with.

Scottx125
22 Aug 2014, 08:53am
I though about adding boatescape, but it's a bit too big for an underpopulated server.

-

Another issue I find in this map is that it doesn't represent ze that well. It's basically a zm map with a copter that picks you up after a certain amount of time. But there is little of zombie escape in it.

Also the fact that alot of people do not like boat escape.

Vy
22 Aug 2014, 09:54am
Also the fact that alot of people do not like boat escape.Sure they don't. :clap:

Jazz
22 Aug 2014, 03:29pm
Although I know myself that noobs cant play ATIX at a decent level, the fact still remains that the map is simple and elegant. It was perfect for getting population on Source and I think we should continue on with the trend. People WILL learn to play, we just got to give them time. Zombie Escape has just risen from its own grave, give it a month and you will see it will be all great.

Either ATIX heli, or ATIX panic, that map is like heli small yet gives you a good diversity. Also, lately I have not been able to nominate rooftop, I am beginning to think its off the rotation, it is a VERY good map so please re-add it. If it is there already then nevermind:)

SplittingSkulls
23 Aug 2014, 02:09pm
I see a lot of back and forth, but besides the damn vote it seems like most of the people posting would agree weather it's fun or not it's a good starting map because it's easy.

Turtlefiish
23 Aug 2014, 02:52pm

Better than the maps where you don't even see a zombie, fight a some weirdly animated object, and then win ;)

Plus it's not actually been the default map the entire time, we've budged things around a couple of times, though it's always been proven to be the most effective.

Silas
23 Aug 2014, 07:04pm
If you ever do decide to change the map, Deathstar / Minecraft / Stargate (if it gets ported) are usually pretty good ones to choose. Although at the moment the Minecraft map is popular on CS:GO, but in time it could be a useful addition as a starting map, once we move onto better things.

Vy
24 Aug 2014, 02:56am
Better than the maps where you don't even see a zombie, fight a some weirdly animated object, and then win ;)

Plus it's not actually been the default map the entire time, we've budged things around a couple of times, though it's always been proven to be the most effective.Maps like mako aren't zombie escape maps what so ever.

Scottx125
25 Aug 2014, 11:00am
Sure they don't. :clap:

Ye they dont, we played it about 3 days ago and the server pop dropped from 48 players to 27...

Scottx125
25 Aug 2014, 11:05am
Maps like mako aren't zombie escape maps what so ever.

Yes they are, you run away from zombies. They are "modern" ZE maps, because they utilize the most modern aspects of mapping and are extremely dynamic. They require more teamwork then general ZE maps and are generally much longer than general ZE maps. When you play a map like mako it isnt just about running away from zombies all the time as it is in classical ze maps, instead its more of an interactive team work scenario where you and your team have to work together, use the props/elements/materia at your disposal and escape from zombies. This is thrown in with boss battles ect not making them just run away from zombies in your favorite map setting like mako. But they let you actually play that game "in a sense" whilst also playing zombie escape, its killing two birds with one stone and thats why its so fantastic. And in the case of other maps where they are based off movies or games, they can actually be more fun then the thing they are based off and provide the user with a different perspective, e.g Minas tirith. Most games that use minas tirith are strategy based, how many games can you say allow you to walk around the streets of minas tirith?

Elemental
25 Aug 2014, 11:28am
atix is the most terrible map ever made imo, it'd be very good to change the default, either licciana, rooftop or deathstar gmv