PDA

View Full Version : CS:GO Surf

DoubleSb
20 Aug 2014, 08:06pm
Actual surf. I want to haff fun and not sit in autistic random servers.

Neptune
20 Aug 2014, 08:19pm
Great idea, I have been playing on other cs:go surf servers and they seem to be semi-par. Would be great if SG could have one.

Bread
20 Aug 2014, 08:29pm
What kind of surf server do you have in mind? We were (and still are) planning to do a surf timer server, but the timer we want to get is still being made.

fanatiik
20 Aug 2014, 08:30pm
plz no deathmatch, just regular surf.

Wertles
20 Aug 2014, 08:41pm
What kind of surf server do you have in mind? We were (and still are) planning to do a surf timer server, but the timer we want to get is still being made.

Yes that's what we meant.

DoubleSb
20 Aug 2014, 08:42pm

Skill itself is fine, you can add a timer; as long as it's ranked. Timers on other servers work fine, unless they're private then rekt. The custom knife skins would be great too. As incentives for surfskill it could be something forum related or the noob/master tags in-game.

As for the maps; tier 1-4 would be okay for our community.

SideArmSavage
20 Aug 2014, 08:42pm
first we should delete some servers like in css then move towards csgo. Good idea to bring that up!

Zaraki
21 Aug 2014, 01:18am
WCS Surf

DoubleSb
21 Aug 2014, 01:39am
WCS Surf

No.

Zaraki
21 Aug 2014, 08:02am
No.

Anything WCS? :'(

DoubleSb
21 Aug 2014, 08:31am
Anything WCS? :'(

Nope.

Zaraki
21 Aug 2014, 09:47am
Nope.

Is there no limit to your cruelty?

Also, Only with a decent timer..

DoubleSb
21 Aug 2014, 01:31pm
Is there no limit to your cruelty?

Also, Only with a decent timer..

Most timers are fine.

Kippe
21 Aug 2014, 06:30pm
Legit question, what makes you guys want to play CS:GO surf over CS:S?

DoubleSb
21 Aug 2014, 09:03pm

im not vacbanned on csgo

BoM
21 Aug 2014, 10:28pm

Moving to a game that's not dying? I thought that was obvious by now

Bread
23 Aug 2014, 04:55pm
We tried out some of the free public timers a while back, but none of them would work out for a decent skill surf server. They didn't allow you to have stage world records, which is a huge part of why people spend so much time surfing. The zoning system it had was painful to use for staged maps and felt like it was made for simple one-part bhop maps. I also don't think it allowed you to tier maps, which is another thing you need in order to have a successful server.

Kippe
23 Aug 2014, 05:45pm
Moving to a game that's not dying? I thought that was obvious by now

I meant because in my whole 40ish days on our surf server I have rarely seen anyone from this thread playing, but now everybody seems so interested in surf.

DoubleSb
23 Aug 2014, 10:57pm
We tried out some of the free public timers a while back, but none of them would work out for a decent skill surf server. They didn't allow you to have stage world records, which is a huge part of why people spend so much time surfing. The zoning system it had was painful to use for staged maps and felt like it was made for simple one-part bhop maps. I also don't think it allowed you to tier maps, which is another thing you need in order to have a successful server.

By WR do you mean wr on server or wr in map overall across all servers?

I meant because in my whole 40ish days on our surf server I have rarely seen anyone from this thread playing, but now everybody seems so interested in surf.

As I said, I was vacbanned. For others because CS:GO just seems more appealing now.

Bread
23 Aug 2014, 11:10pm
By WR do you mean wr on server or wr in map overall across all servers?

Stage WRs on our server only.

DoubleSb
24 Aug 2014, 03:54am
Stage WRs on our server only.

Isn't there a way to manually do WRs based on submission until we can do automated WRs?

Pan32
24 Aug 2014, 05:58pm
Isn't there a way to manually do WRs based on submission until we can do automated WRs?

How does that even make sense exactly?

DoubleSb
24 Aug 2014, 06:09pm
How does that even make sense exactly?

Submission based WRs, if they can both prove they're on our server with the timer they can submit their WR to our site generating some forum activity and have a list plugin ingame that shows the WRs, though wont be updated automatically.

Pan32
24 Aug 2014, 06:20pm
Submission based WRs, if they can both prove they're on our server with the timer they can submit their WR to our site generating some forum activity and have a list plugin ingame that shows the WRs, though wont be updated automatically.

That looks way more complicated than a simple db record system, not to mention pointless. Plus, you'll always need the timer there.

MrNoLifer
24 Aug 2014, 08:19pm
I think its a good idea. surf servers is rly good and have fun if play with friends...

DoubleSb
24 Aug 2014, 08:32pm
That looks way more complicated than a simple db record system, not to mention pointless. Plus, you'll always need the timer there.

So what's the argument about the timer then?

Pan32
24 Aug 2014, 11:33pm
So what's the argument about the timer then?
is that that system needs to be coded and optimized, it aint really easy...

Fishey
25 Aug 2014, 01:56pm
So what would be wrong with this timer
https://github.com/Zipcore/Timer

Bread
25 Aug 2014, 02:52pm
So what would be wrong with this timer
https://github.com/Zipcore/Timer

That was one of the timers that we tried, it doesn't make for a good skill surf server.
v

DoubleSb
25 Aug 2014, 09:01pm
That was one of the timers that we tried, it doesn't make for a good skill surf server.
v

It is completely modular and extensible (private addons can be requested, just PN me).

So did we contact him?

Eskomo
25 Aug 2014, 09:09pm
I would love to have the surf server set up the same way it was when I played in it quite a bit, with a mix between combat and skill maps. For me personally this was and will always be the best, the timer could still even be used if it can be turned on and off for certain maps. But, I haven't actively played surf in a while so if having both sets of maps on the server would greatly hinder the playerbase it probably isn't a good idea.

Zipcore
26 Aug 2014, 06:43pm
If you don't like my timer I can understand that,
it's far away from being complete, there are still many features I could make,
but there are also some module which are private like a skill rank system to replace the points lite system.

And there is also a maptier system...

There are only 2 things which are important and missing atm.
1. A replay bot system, but I've started working on it.
2. Stage records

Pan32
26 Aug 2014, 09:35pm
If you don't like my timer I can understand that,
it's far away from being complete, there are still many features I could make,
but there are also some module which are private like a skill rank system to replace the points lite system.

And there is also a maptier system...

There are only 2 things which are important and missing atm.
1. A replay bot system, but I've started working on it.
2. Stage records

It is also missing some other options that surfers quite like it such as saving a location and speed and then teleport back with the speed preserved, toggle speed zones on all zones and with the value you want to, among other things. Also the stage zone setting up is EXTREMELY buggy, the rank system is not that complete, doesn't have a improvement points system and the top10 one can be quite basic, when adding the timer on lt_omnific, the server crashed several times while adding zones, theres to teleport option for stages and there is a lot of options that surfers don't want that can't be toggle off. Also, taking in account the history of why this timer started to be developed freely, I don't think I want to buy any private plugins off of you, sorry.

Game Freak
27 Aug 2014, 06:02am
I find a surf server with Tier 1-4 maps good. We don't need anything special at the start except for a timer and leaderboard once we have that we can add extras.

Another great benefit to a skilltimer server is that you don't need a high population. You actually don't need anybody. You can come on it alone or with a couple of friends and just surf. Unlike other servers where a high player count is almost necessary.

Zipcore
27 Aug 2014, 09:35am
It is also missing some other options that surfers quite like it such as saving a location and speed and then teleport back with the speed preserved, toggle speed zones on all zones and with the value you want to, among other things. Also the stage zone setting up is EXTREMELY buggy, the rank system is not that complete, doesn't have a improvement points system and the top10 one can be quite basic, when adding the timer on lt_omnific, the server crashed several times while adding zones, theres to teleport option for stages and there is a lot of options that surfers don't want that can't be toggle off. Also, taking in account the history of why this timer started to be developed freely, I don't think I want to buy any private plugins off of you, sorry.

Well if you just believe in poppin, then trust him. But please learn to read, there is more about. I don't have to repeat myself here for a story long time ago. Anyway looks like you want more so you have to pay someone for a full plugin. Please don't use my timer I won't support you. I don't do this to become rich, I release all my stuff after some time.

DoubleSb
27 Aug 2014, 10:03am
Well if you just believe in poppin, then trust him. But please learn to read, there is more about. I don't have to repeat myself here for a story long time ago. Anyway looks like you want more so you have to pay someone for a full plugin. Please don't use my timer I won't support you. I don't do this to become rich, I release all my stuff after some time.

ignore him. I appreciate your work and look forward for your completed release.

XeNo
27 Aug 2014, 10:08am
I don't think you need to go as far as say that you won't support us if we used your plugin, as Pan doesn't reflect the entire community's opinions. He's out of line with his disrespect towards you, I apologize for that. Continue working on your plugin and if it does what we are looking for, we will gladly pay you for it, regardless of "history" related to it.

Pan unless you're going to code us a surf timer yourself, don't disrespect the plugin makers working on them just because they don't do what you want when you want it.

Pan32
27 Aug 2014, 10:49am

ignore him. I appreciate your work and look forward for your completed release.

I don't think you need to go as far as say that you won't support us if we used your plugin, as Pan doesn't reflect the entire community's opinions. He's out of line with his disrespect towards you, I apologize for that. Continue working on your plugin and if it does what we are looking for, we will gladly pay you for it, regardless of "history" related to it.

Pan unless you're going to code us a surf timer yourself, don't disrespect the plugin makers working on them just because they don't do what you want when you want it.

ooook. This is building up, so lets cut the hydra heads. First of all, I guess i have to apologize. My imput was direct from testing (which I did extensively on both css and csgo with local mysql database) and chances are it came out rather rash. However, as i said, most were opinions, but some were general features that css surfers look for and search for. All I ask is for you to take in consideration those ideas/bugs that i found along testing. About the leaking story, I simply have enough trust issues with coders that after such issues, old problems and experiences buying private plugins from other coders (no names here) made me develop that, it's a characteristic thing from me and I doubt it will change. I read the whole story on the leaked post, so yes, I know how to read.

For now, I will be seeking for another timer rather than yours, since in my opinion, it does not suit all the needs we are looking for, but thank you for your offer.

Zipcore
27 Aug 2014, 01:54pm
ooook. This is building up, so lets cut the hydra heads. First of all, I guess i have to apologize. My imput was direct from testing (which I did extensively on both css and csgo with local mysql database) and chances are it came out rather rash. However, as i said, most were opinions, but some were general features that css surfers look for and search for. All I ask is for you to take in consideration those ideas/bugs that i found along testing. About the leaking story, I simply have enough trust issues with coders that after such issues, old problems and experiences buying private plugins from other coders (no names here) made me develop that, it's a characteristic thing from me and I doubt it will change. I read the whole story on the leaked post, so yes, I know how to read.

For now, I will be seeking for another timer rather than yours, since in my opinion, it does not suit all the needs we are looking for, but thank you for your offer.

have fun ;)

DoubleSb
27 Aug 2014, 02:45pm
have fun ;)

please dont hate us senpai.

Bread
31 Aug 2014, 12:01am
I put a timer-less skill surf server up for now. If anyone wants to try it out, it's IP is 66.150.121.122:27016 and the password is 123. I only put on the maps that don't have jails/weapons, so most of the maps should be fine without a timer.

Lewis
31 Aug 2014, 12:44pm
I'll go on and check it out for a bit when minigames has less people on