PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to change! Please help!

SplittingSkulls
17 Aug 2014, 09:50pm
I know this was discussed a few times in other topics, but it's time something changes on the server. Anyone who has played ZE knows how frustrating it is when there's only 1-3 zombies that spawn in the middle of crowds of people because no one wants to spread out.

If not they're spawning in the front then the path is blocked or very rarely they'll spawn at the back of the line and it's 40 ct's vs 3 zombies... no matter what it's very rarely a fun and balanced build. I've played the MOD a few times on other servers and a lot of them have 10%-30% of the population spawn as zombies and makes them return to spawn. If the server population is small it's fun but when you hit 20+ players there's huge crowds and it become impossible to win.

It's such a fun mod and the server is becoming very popular (and a lot of people complain about this btw) and I know it will attract a lot of supporters. Please just modify the build. :thumb: I know it might not be perfect at first and may need to modify the amount of zombies that spawn + the time till zombies spawn. I would like to hear everyone's opinions, but all you have to do is join the server and check it out for yourself.

Vy
17 Aug 2014, 10:45pm
Okay, so let's say you change this on two maps. Jurasicpark and Chikun lordz. Both maps now suck horribly. If the zombies get tele'd to spawn, people will just shoot them back, because it's so easy to do so. They're simply going to have a dull round of getting shot back by humans. People need to learn how to shoot the zombies, because that's all you goddamn need.

Jake
17 Aug 2014, 10:51pm
Okay, so let's say you change this on two maps. Jurasicpark and Chikun lordz. Both maps now suck horribly. If the zombies get tele'd to spawn, people will just shoot them back, because it's so easy to do so. They're simply going to have a dull round of getting shot back by humans. People need to learn how to shoot the zombies, because that's all you goddamn need.

It needs to be changed on more than just a few maps. I'm agreeing with him here. Just have the zombies spawn early and tele back to spawn so the humans arent to far in front of them. The thing is with the zombie spawns by the time people can register that a zombie has spawned in front of them half if not more of the team is infected and the round is over in 2 or 3 minutes.

Repus
17 Aug 2014, 11:59pm
Most maps aren't designed so well.
Elevator escape is one of the best maps design vise. It first divides people into multiple elevators, one elevator turns and humans get headstart because they break the top gates faster. Best thing about it there is no need for stupid zombie only walls and pushes.

WickedZealot
18 Aug 2014, 03:24am
I have mentioned this an few times but one more time to be clear. If we change the spawn back to the start of the map for zombies we have in effect recreated the CSS version of 2+ years of the same which if anyone remembers died while other ze servers had higher numbers still maintained. It will destroy & make ZE boring.

We can make some adjustments to it but the random spawn in the middle on the pack needs to remain. As one poster has mentioned when we had full ZE servers many years ago for an years on end, we always got folks wanting changes. At some point the changes completely changed the game and we lost it all. ZE GO is doing very well and people keep coming back cause we got something good with it - otherwise if the current settings were so off the wall we would not be doing so well with player numbers at all. Most players join and stick around for an few hours - if it was this bad, 10 - 20 minutes later they would just leave.

Again, we can adjust some of the settings involving spawn but nothing as radical as changing it to send zombies back to spawn. Everyone runs, no one shoots. If 1/4 of the players prepare to shoot during the spawn period, we can stop the zombies spreading - even on ChickenLords (shoot them off the edges.. there is many holes as well to push them in too). It is more likely old players are adjusting to ZE GO itself & not played ZE in an while, and we got new players who have not really played ZE before = causing this issue. Give it an few months or less, skills will rise and make it much easier. Right now most players are running for their lives but need to peddle shoot !

Elemental
18 Aug 2014, 05:03am
Tbh, the zombies spawning in the middle of the humans is a good thing, adds more challenge.
People complaining about this need to stop sucking and pay attention, instead of blindly running forward, instead of holding back the zombies.

What I usually do in spawn around the time the zombie should spawn, I either throw a nade around me, or I walk backwards and knife so if a zombie would spawn behind me, I'd knife it back to spawn, before he'd even notice that he's a zombie.

It just requires more skill and tactics to win with this way, and personally I like it.

Scottx125
18 Aug 2014, 05:40am
I agree this needs to be changed, instead of having 1-3 zombies spawn in a crowd of ct's have about 5-10 spawn at the beginning and have them be tp'd to spawn.

Scottx125
18 Aug 2014, 05:43am
Tbh, the zombies spawning in the middle of the humans is a good thing, adds more challenge.
People complaining about this need to stop sucking and pay attention, instead of blindly running forward, instead of holding back the zombies.

What I usually do in spawn around the time the zombie should spawn, I either throw a nade around me, or I walk backwards and knife so if a zombie would spawn behind me, I'd knife it back to spawn, before he'd even notice that he's a zombie.

It just requires more skill and tactics to win with this way, and personally I like it.

Skill and tactics? Please explain how skill and tactics can be utilized when at the start of a round when ct's are cramped together are able to use skill and tactics in a confined space as they all get zombified instantly? And please... SKILL AND TACTICS ON SG! That sounds as ridiculous as teamwork!

Turtlefiish
18 Aug 2014, 06:16am
Skill and tactics? Please explain how skill and tactics can be utilized when at the start of a round when ct's are cramped together are able to use skill and tactics in a confined space as they all get zombified instantly? And please... SKILL AND TACTICS ON SG! That sounds as ridiculous as teamwork!

Generally people are meant to register the REALLY LOUD ZOMBIE SPAWN SOUND and react quickly to shoot the zombie to the sides, I've seen a few rounds where people have reacted fast enough to a zombie front-spawning to prevent the round from ending. Then you're meant to communicate where you shoot the zombie once it's been knocked out of the crowd. Pretty doable with the ridiculous knockback on the negev.

Most maps aren't designed so well.
Elevator escape is one of the best maps design vise. It first divides people into multiple elevators, one elevator turns and humans get headstart because they break the top gates faster. Best thing about it there is no need for stupid zombie only walls and pushes.

^ Pretty much our biggest issue, most maps are designed for horrible gameplay, it's why they have pushbacks and teleports.

Elemental
18 Aug 2014, 06:23am

Generally people are meant to register the REALLY LOUD ZOMBIE SPAWN SOUND and react quickly to shoot the zombie to the sides, I've seen a few rounds where people have reacted fast enough to a zombie front-spawning to prevent the round from ending. Then you're meant to communicate where you shoot the zombie once it's been knocked out of the crowd. Pretty doable with the ridiculous knockback on the negev.

Pretty much this, and what I already said on my previous post. React to the zombie spawn, and shoot them back with the entire team. Of course some people will get infected, and in some cases everybody, making it hopeless. But the reason this happens EVERY ROUND is because people refuse to simply look back, and shoot the zombies. Instead of blindly running forward in spawn, take a little distance from the rest of the group if u can, and pay attention to the zombie spawn. If everybody would do this, the problem wouldn't be so huge.

jeN
18 Aug 2014, 02:23pm
I think it's more fun when a zombie spawns in the middle of a group, the random screams are the best part of ZE to me. IMO better designed maps would be a better option, but that would require more community mapmakers =[

SplittingSkulls
18 Aug 2014, 03:13pm
I think it's more fun when a zombie spawns in the middle of a group, the random screams are the best part of ZE to me. IMO better designed maps would be a better option, but that would require more community mapmakers =[

I will have to agree with you guys because it is fun (usually smaller games) that way. I never really had a problem until the last few days there's so many mic spammers it's hard to communicate with the team. I suppose I'm taking my own frustration out on the server build when i should be mad at the "happy meals" who just don't pay attention. I just haven't had a successful run because the server population has been much larger the last couple days. I think I'm most mad about mic spammers and I'm taking it out on the server.

jeN
18 Aug 2014, 03:39pm
I will have to agree with you guys because it is fun (usually smaller games) that way. I never really had a problem until the last few days there's so many mic spammers it's hard to communicate with the team. I suppose I'm taking my own frustration out on the server build when i should be mad at the "happy meals" who just don't pay attention. I just haven't had a successful run because the server population has been much larger the last couple days. I think I'm most mad about mic spammers and I'm taking it out on the server.

You could always ask in the chatbox for an admin to come on! Or add admins who frequent ZE to your friends list. There's also the option of recording a demo to report them/get them banned.

BlackEagle
18 Aug 2014, 05:13pm
I'm still sticking to the fact that we need this one a few maps. It does not need to be added for every single map or even the vast majority but maps like chicken lords are impossible without the zombie teleport. And these people that keep coming back are the ones that keep complaining about changing it just on certain maps such as chicken lords. Eventually they will stop coming back because they will notice that we don't adjust our settings to actually make the maps playable. I get the whole rush thing about zombies spawning in the middle but it's so much easier said than done by just shooting them back. Like I have stated before if a zombie spawns in a pack of 50 people you can't just simply shoot them and hope to make it out. It just simply hasn't worked. I'll have to locate the demo that I took yesterday showing how awful it was playing chicken lords yesterday. This wasn't just 1 or 2 rounds it was every round. 9/10 rounds ended right at the spawn because the vast majority of humans would get taken over within seconds.

I completely agree with the zombie spawning in a middle of a pack of like 10-15 people but in a pack of 50 people it is so easy for the zombies to win. This is why I don't think it's needed with the exception of just a couple maps. Maps like titantic and boatescape are perfectly fine and don't need it but other maps do because without it then it makes the map impossible to win unless the zombie spawns in the back.

SplittingSkulls
18 Aug 2014, 05:53pm
I'm still sticking to the fact that we need this one a few maps. It does not need to be added for every single map or even the vast majority but maps like chicken lords are impossible without the zombie teleport. And these people that keep coming back are the ones that keep complaining about changing it just on certain maps such as chicken lords. Eventually they will stop coming back because they will notice that we don't adjust our settings to actually make the maps playable. I get the whole rush thing about zombies spawning in the middle but it's so much easier said than done by just shooting them back. Like I have stated before if a zombie spawns in a pack of 50 people you can't just simply shoot them and hope to make it out. It just simply hasn't worked. I'll have to locate the demo that I took yesterday showing how awful it was playing chicken lords yesterday. This wasn't just 1 or 2 rounds it was every round. 9/10 rounds ended right at the spawn because the vast majority of humans would get taken over within seconds.

I completely agree with the zombie spawning in a middle of a pack of like 10-15 people but in a pack of 50 people it is so easy for the zombies to win. This is why I don't think it's needed with the exception of just a couple maps. Maps like titantic and boatescape are perfectly fine and don't need it but other maps do because without it then it makes the map impossible to win unless the zombie spawns in the back.

ha ha that was you I was playing with yesterday! That was the exact level i was playing when i said fuck this and signed on to complain. There's got to be some good middle ground. Perhaps the zombies spawn within 1-3 Seconds so it's buy your guns and run! (of corse anyone who ran with the pack would be tele back, but with the spawn so fast only the stragglers will become zombies...

BlackEagle
18 Aug 2014, 06:18pm
Paper escaper was an absolute disaster as well. I think the final score was 18-0 by the zombies.

Vy
19 Aug 2014, 02:28am
Paper escaper was an absolute disaster as well. I think the final score was 18-0 by the zombies.That's because people can't defend what so ever. We played that map a few times and always died due the fact humans didn't defend hold areas.

WickedZealot
19 Aug 2014, 02:36am
I would be up for keeping random spawning within the humans but.. limit the number of zombies to one (1). As memory serves, this is the limit we put it on in the past (2009 - 2011) when we had 40+ slots & random spawning with full server day & night. By keeping it to an max of one zomb spawning it will limit the damage done to humans even on chickenlords. This would be an easier change and one we can try out before looking at more radical changes on it. I have noticed there can be up to 3-4 zombs spawning if the server is near full (its accounting for the number of players to spawn an zombie i think).

Jazz
19 Aug 2014, 02:45am
Hmm how about adding block? That way the infection spread will decrease because you would have to infect one at a time instead of people easily running into each other where you can just spam left mouse click to infect...

Turtlefiish
19 Aug 2014, 07:02am
Hmm how about adding block? That way the infection spread will decrease because you would have to infect one at a time instead of people easily running into each other where you can just spam left mouse click to infect...

Soooooo many damned teleports on the maps where this is an issue, like we said, issue is with poor map design.

Vy
19 Aug 2014, 07:51am
Hmm how about adding block? That way the infection spread will decrease because you would have to infect one at a time instead of people easily running into each other where you can just spam left mouse click to infect...Block is needed for some maps to work. Like blackmesa, sst, boatescape, chickun lordz (would be sooooo awesome, though should note that there is a teleport that might fuck people up), jurasicpark, icecap... Pretty much all of the old classical maps need to have block on.

I would be up for keeping random spawning within the humans but.. limit the number of zombies to one (1). As memory serves, this is the limit we put it on in the past (2009 - 2011) when we had 40+ slots & random spawning with full server day & night. By keeping it to an max of one zomb spawning it will limit the damage done to humans even on chickenlords. This would be an easier change and one we can try out before looking at more radical changes on it. I have noticed there can be up to 3-4 zombs spawning if the server is near full (its accounting for the number of players to spawn an zombie i think).The problem with keeping zombie spawn to one is that on most maps, the zombie won't infect anyone and the round will end.

Elemental
19 Aug 2014, 07:57am
The problem with keeping zombie spawn to one is that on most maps, the zombie won't infect anyone and the round will end.

Nah, Plenty rounds I've had where I was the only zombie and didnt infect anyone at spawn, but still managed to get some people and start a chain reaction, resulting into a Zombie Win later in the map. I think limiting to 1 zombie is an excellent idea. Only way it could go wrong is if the zombie is AFK, but then the zombie will get rekt and new round anyway.

Scottx125
19 Aug 2014, 08:21am

It is not fun when you end a map with 0 wins to 13 losses 3 maps in a row.

I don't know what universe you live in, but the negev's knock back is questionable, sometimes it gives you tons, most of the time it gives you very little to none. That rule applies to almost all weapons currently in CSGO zombies. Secondly, by the time one turns around hearing the zombie sound, that zombie has already zombified around 5 people, and during u shooting it back through the oncoming hoard of ct's it will prolly get another 2 ct's. So that's 3 zombies spawned initially getting 15 kills straight off and then 6 after. So your team of 30-40 ct's has become a team of about 10-20 in around 5-10 seconds. Now call me a pessimist but imo when the game reaches a 1:1 ratio of zombies vs ct's at the start of the map its almost always game over. Maps should be designed (and with admin intervention set with spawns and zombie spawn ratios) to limit the amount of initial zombifications. Hence leaving at least 30-50% of Ct's alive at the end stage to actually give them a chance to win.

This is not about "get moar skill" or "work as a team" this is about fun, and most of the time people have fun when they pull victory through their teeth when they only have 10-15% of their team alive at the end of a game. This is impossible to occur when 50% of the ct's get zombified within the first 10 seconds.

This has been demonstrated on multiple maps such as moria, paper escape and even death star escape (the currently most overplayed map).

Turtlefiish
19 Aug 2014, 11:31am
This is not about "get moar skill" or "work as a team" this is about fun, and most of the time people have fun when they pull victory through their teeth when they only have 10-15% of their team alive at the end of a game. This is impossible to occur when 50% of the ct's get zombified within the first 10 seconds.

You're kinda forgetting the fun for the other 90-85% of the server, being teleported back is not fun, being randomly restricted because the lazy route to fixing a problem was taken is not fun.

BlackEagle
19 Aug 2014, 11:44am
Here is paper escaper from last night:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hhene6ds39xmiz3/paper.dem

It honestly comes down to 2 different options:

1. Teleport the zombies back to spawn

2. Reduce the zombie spawn to 1 zombie.

As you can clearly see in the demo (and this happened every single round) you cannot just simply shoot and push them back. The zombie spawns in a tight group of 20-30 humans and it's over. You can also hear people clearing complaining about the current settings. All the teamwork in the world wouldn't help win these maps because as you can see people are trying to work together but it just doesn't work still.

It's even worse on chicken lords. I couldn't find the demo that I recorded from the other night but it is the same exact result if not worse.

Adding block would not work. If you added block to paper escaper it would be an absolute nightmare. Especially since for some reason people don't know how to crouch jump ha.

The map maker for voodoo seemed to make it better so that now the humans leave the spawn so much quicker. In fact people actually won.

I bet if we had stats on the server right now then it would show that the zombies are winning 95% of the time if not more. It's rare to have a human win. While it should be difficult it should not be impossible or based off 100% luck.

I'd also like to add can we please disable grenades? They don't really do anything except make the humans lose. Honestly I think more people use them to troll than they do to win.

Vy
19 Aug 2014, 12:46pm
we actually won chickun lords today. with around 25-30 players. we are the best.

It's rare to have a human win.That's really good. It's a lot more fun (in my opinion) to lose as a human, though give it your all, than to constantly win.

While it should be difficult it should not be impossible or based off 100% luck.It's nearly impossible to win on some maps, because people are really, really, really dumb. Getting out of spawn is a bit of a luck based thing, however it would fix itself if the zombie spawn time (on chicken lords) would be increased by another 2 - 4 seconds. That way people actually have time to choose one of the 3 paths available to them. (I cannot speak for other maps, because I haven't played that THAT much). We've lost countless times because people decided to run along and not hold anything what so ever. Especially at some key areas where you need to hold the zombies back.

I'd also like to add can we please disable grenades? They don't really do anything except make the humans lose. Honestly I think more people use them to troll than they do to win.But failnades are really apart of the server by now. Any kind of knockback might make you lose, but to be able to do a lot of area knockback while on top of zombies is really, really entertaining.

It honestly comes down to 2 different options:

1. Teleport the zombies back to spawn

2. Reduce the zombie spawn to 1 zombie.Teleporting the zombie back to spawn is a horrible idea. It will only make the zombie quit/get annoyed at the round because he won't get anyone on any map what so fucking ever.

20+ players would completely own that zombie. Unless he spawns in a group, but then, guess what, he spawns in the group and the round is STILL over.

Adding block would not work. If you added block to paper escaper it would be an absolute nightmare. Especially since for some reason people don't know how to crouch jump ha.Paper escape doesn't need block. Other maps do. Especially maps like blackmesa, where you get a bunch of people camping corners because, well, they can.

mNote
19 Aug 2014, 01:50pm
Not going to read the wall of text of posts.

If you can't win, improvise and get better. I have seen very good players 1v30 zombies and won before.

Use cheap tactics. You're no hero. Teamwork over everything else (TBH that's what SG was built out of, team work).

Although I do (kind of) agree with Jake's perspective. If the zombie were to get tele'd back to spawn, then have the zombie spawn faster.

Edit: Just read some of the posts. Lol.

BlackEagle
19 Aug 2014, 02:54pm
That's really good. It's a lot more fun (in my opinion) to lose as a human, though give it your all, than to constantly win.

But it isn't fun winning as human once every 10 maps. Especially when the rounds last half the map 90% of the time.

It's nearly impossible to win on some maps, because people are really, really, really dumb. Getting out of spawn is a bit of a luck based thing, however it would fix itself if the zombie spawn time (on chicken lords) would be increased by another 2 - 4 seconds. That way people actually have time to choose one of the 3 paths available to them. (I cannot speak for other maps, because I haven't played that THAT much). We've lost countless times because people decided to run along and not hold anything what so ever. Especially at some key areas where you need to hold the zombies back.

People should be getting out of spawn easily and dying later on. We shouldn't be talking about half the team dying within 3 seconds...

But failnades are really apart of the server by now. Any kind of knockback might make you lose, but to be able to do a lot of area knockback while on top of zombies is really, really entertaining.

I don't understand why we should keep something that is essentially a troll item and does way more harm than good. If the nades actually set the zombies on fire than it'd be fine but the knockback from the nade isn't even that great. I haven't seen a situation yet where someone has thrown a nade and it actually helped the humans. I think people are throwing them because they think it'll help set zombies on fire when they discover that they simply just shoot them forward and the humans lose.

Teleporting the zombie back to spawn is a horrible idea. It will only make the zombie quit/get annoyed at the round because he won't get anyone on any map what so fucking ever.

20+ players would completely own that zombie. Unless he spawns in a group, but then, guess what, he spawns in the group and the round is STILL over.

Actually this is incorrect. Yesterday while playing voodoo island we lost multiple times where there was only 1-5 zombies after the first island. This was with around a full server. So the argument that zombies will never win if they get teleported back is invalid just by playing voodoo islands and seeing that zombies win frequently on that map when that map is designed to have few zombies after the actual spawn location. This right now may be our most balanced map by far because of this reason.

Paper escape doesn't need block. Other maps do. Especially maps like blackmesa, where you get a bunch of people camping corners because, well, they can.

Blackmesa has a teleport and it would get everyone stuck. Basically all maps do. I loved block back in the day but the game just isn't designed around it anymore and we should avoid it at all costs. People just don't know how to play with block on. I could see it MAYBE for a couple of maps but that would be about it.

Not going to read the wall of text of posts.

If you can't win, improvise and get better. I have seen very good players 1v30 zombies and won before.

Use cheap tactics. You're no hero. Teamwork over everything else (TBH that's what SG was built out of, team work).

Although I do (kind of) agree with Jake's perspective. If the zombie were to get tele'd back to spawn, then have the zombie spawn faster.

Edit: Just read some of the posts. Lol.

Once again, this isn't about tactics. It's not like people aren't trying to shoot the zombies away it just doesn't work. If you watch the demo I provided it above that is what it is like on every map. It isn't just having tactics or communicating. This is about making the game playable not easy.

WickedZealot
19 Aug 2014, 04:29pm
The correct way forward with spawn to meet everyone half way on this bridge is to limit the zombie spawn to 1 zombie but still remains random within humans groups without teleporting it back to spawn. I will remind every one of ye that teleporting the zombie to spawn will force the gameplay human sided winning, back to the previous versions of ZE CSS that we could never rise and plenty of core SG members of all ranks trying to do this for 2 years. We tried Everything of changes - this is one change I consider an mistake if changed to teleport an zombie back to spawn. Even increasing the number of zombies is not enough, there is then other changes required - which would be the very last ZE CSS rebuild was done to an tee this way and we would move along those lines with ZE GO.
Before that build, everyone gave out about the maps.. too many maps, not the right maps, other maps.. etc when that was not the problem at all. We are not doing this again, the why spawn works is how it was to work and what made ZE. We can adjust it but will should not change the whole gameplay and teleport zombie back to spawn is changing the whole gameplay.

We have replied on both sides many times, stating the same things, and even in new posts. Lets try to move forward here. This is my suggestion to try please everyone where possible (but will never please 100% either side).

1. Limit zombie spawn to 1 zombie but remains random as is with no teleporting zombie.

2. Improve weapon firing knockbacks / hits where possible, the weapons are strange in the same target gets zombie to push back or not at all. Some adjusting here will allow humans to hit zombies better, improving chances to survive much better.

3. Improve nades, we all know there was issues here and Pan did what he could before launch, with time we can get these improved better to the way they were in CSS. And no, removing nades is removing an core part of ZE (we got maps with Fail Nade signs .. cause its part of the gameplay of ZE). It's not trolling.

4. Restrict certain weapons & ones that do not work.

5. An feature I liked in another server.. which helps noobs out alot, Arm them automatically instead of pistols but with p90's or the other one (can't think of the name) - this way everyone starts off with the right weapon at worst case - others can continue to change by the menu to the weapons they do want.

We need to look at adding more maps however, not reduce them. This shows non-members of SG an fresh active involvement by the people behind the server (SG) with adding regularly new maps (Even if they not perfect). There will be more improvements as time goes on, but these are just the key ones I see we need in the short term - the rest can be dropped in by Pan + others as the months roll by.

I really want to help you guys reach something here we can agree on. I'm ready to give up some parts I like (such as spawn as it is with zombies but not teleporting them back). Hope you guys see the positive side I am trying to do here.

BlackEagle
19 Aug 2014, 04:57pm
I'm ok with 1 zombie spawn. In fact this worked really well on paper escaper. We still never beat it but we consistently got further than the spawn every time which is actually enjoyable.

I also agree with adjusting knockback slightly although I don't think it's bad at the moment. The only time it sucks is when you are with like 2 other people trying to hold back a few zombies than it's ineffective but that's not bad to me.

As for the nades until we can find a way to fix them or get them closer to CS:S I gotta remain firm on not using them. They don't do anything at all except generate fail nades. If they set zombies on fire I could see it but I don't see a situation where throwing a nade is the 100% best idea. I'm fine with nades if they were to do something but all they do is push zombies forward and the only reason I think people use them is because they think it's like CSS where they will be set on fire.

I agree with the p90 spawn for newer players as well this would be a great feature.

Lastly, I agree with additional maps. Right now we kinda rotate between just a couple which is fine because people enjoy it but some additional ones would be nice. However I know that the map list isn't that large right now for CSGO ZE just because it still is kinda newer. New maps I am sure will come out over time that will help resolve this.

SplittingSkulls
19 Aug 2014, 10:05pm
I think all in all there's only a small handful of maps that need the zombies to spawn back like the map "winter" I think we should vote on which maps would benefit from this because a lot of the "mazy" maps would be a lot more fun.

Jazz
22 Aug 2014, 04:18pm
SCA 24/7 ZOMBIE ESCAPE (pls dont ban for advertise) server has got nades with the fiery effect enabled. All we need to do is to obtain and then fix. Thus that problem will be solved, relatively quickly.

Dont know about you guys but I really hate teleports, like really. Mappers probably think they facilitate gameplay, so the gameplay can flow on, especilly for rookies. But I did make a post about this in the suggestion thread, and I will just add that removing teleports can make these newer players learn the maps better by having to run throughout the map (which will not take long unless the map is huge and you've been AFK the whole round and humans are on final hold). Or maybe players wish to to explore, like I do sometimes. It is nice checking map details sometimes instead of being force teleported into the cluster.

As for the maps that has been designed with tele's I know nothing can be done (still dislike them cause they make the game more unrealistic) but maps like blackmesa has it.

Just a side note: can someone please find ze_breakable by LeGrem and make map suggestion for it? Or have no one yet made a GO version of the map? the map music on there is like an adrenalin shower

SplittingSkulls
23 Aug 2014, 02:12pm
I'd only disagree because way to many people like to sit back and camp near spawn and those teleporters encourage people to continue the map and not to stall, and if you're new just fallow everyone else it's really not that weird to learn a new escape map when most people know where to go.

Turtlefiish
23 Aug 2014, 02:41pm
I'd only disagree because way to many people like to sit back and camp near spawn and those teleporters encourage people to continue the map and not to stall, and if you're new just fallow everyone else it's really not that weird to learn a new escape map when most people know where to go.

It also has a secret teleporter that puts you infront of the humans (no I'm not saying where, it'll ruin the map), so trying to in any way balance the map is pointless. Secondly there isn't a single camping spot you cannot get to if you look for 5 seconds. Take that from 6 years of experience with the map.

Jazz
24 Aug 2014, 05:26pm
I'd only disagree because way to many people like to sit back and camp near spawn and those teleporters encourage people to continue the map and not to stall, and if you're new just fallow everyone else it's really not that weird to learn a new escape map when most people know where to go.What? Who would sit back and stall for an entire ZE round? That would be boring as hell. In my long time of playing I have very rarely witnessed what you are mentioning. Also following everyone else will only get you into trouble, since zombie will most likely spawn where most humans go. So in this case you will need to be intelligent and figure out an alternative route in the map instead of mindlessly running with and inside 30 people. Naturally, since you are new it will take you time to advance to a certain rendezvous point via this new route. But how would it feel if you got teleported with zombies while in the midst of learning the new route?

This is also why I encourage insta zombie respawn after death to be disabled. You can in this case spectate other players to learn the map better. There are some things you see as a spectator but not as a player because as a player the concentration level is much higher and you miss details. Not to mention the gameplay gets much more fair since well, once you are dead, you should be dead.

Scottx125
25 Aug 2014, 11:18am
That's because people can't defend what so ever. We played that map a few times and always died due the fact humans didn't defend hold areas.

No, that's because 60% of the humans are dead before they can even get into a position to defend.

Scottx125
25 Aug 2014, 11:22am
SCA 24/7 ZOMBIE ESCAPE (pls dont ban for advertise) server has got nades with the fiery effect enabled. All we need to do is to obtain and then fix. Thus that problem will be solved, relatively quickly.

Dont know about you guys but I really hate teleports, like really. Mappers probably think they facilitate gameplay, so the gameplay can flow on, especilly for rookies. But I did make a post about this in the suggestion thread, and I will just add that removing teleports can make these newer players learn the maps better by having to run throughout the map (which will not take long unless the map is huge and you've been AFK the whole round and humans are on final hold). Or maybe players wish to to explore, like I do sometimes. It is nice checking map details sometimes instead of being force teleported into the cluster.

As for the maps that has been designed with tele's I know nothing can be done (still dislike them cause they make the game more unrealistic) but maps like blackmesa has it.

Just a side note: can someone please find ze_breakable by LeGrem and make map suggestion for it? Or have no one yet made a GO version of the map? the map music on there is like an adrenalin shower

Yes, we need this. I had an idea (i've seen on the i3d ze server) where smoke grenades cause the zombies to freeze in place for 2 seconds. General grenades (HE) cause zombies to be knocked back and provide a fire effect on them for about 3 seconds. Where as the molotov/napalm can be used as an AOE flame effect not setting the zombies on fire but doing constant dmg to them slowing them down within a 3m area for 10 seconds or something.

BlackEagle
25 Aug 2014, 01:37pm
Ever since the settings have changed the server is a whole lot better. We actually make it through the majority of the maps and lose because people can't shoot rather than losing by the number of humans versus the number of zombies. So solid work I am actually happy with not teleporting the zombie back and just having 1-2 spawn I think this is a good amount for the majority of the maps. Heck I actually witnessed someone beating chicken lords the other day.

Jazz
26 Aug 2014, 02:05pm
Ever since the settings have changed the server is a whole lot better. We actually make it through the majority of the maps and lose because people can't shoot rather than losing by the number of humans versus the number of zombies. So solid work I am actually happy with not teleporting the zombie back and just having 1-2 spawn I think this is a good amount for the majority of the maps. Heck I actually witnessed someone beating chicken lords the other day.
Told yallzzzz (: