PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Poll - Rank

WickedZealot
15 Aug 2014, 03:01pm
First, not sure if this is possible but just in case - would like to know the Members thoughts of bringing back an Rank system such as in the CSS version.

If it's an yes, mention your suggestions on the rules of how rank should work in your eyes so if Pan decides to do it at some point, he can look over this thread.

BlackWhite
15 Aug 2014, 03:23pm
Rank will encourage people to join the server more and try to win the game. We can bring the old system back but with the special tag (if it can be done).

But before we do the ranking, the game balance will need to fix, for now zombie won almost every rounds. unless pan wan to do as it is

WickedZealot
15 Aug 2014, 03:52pm
The server continues to grow, now in the 40's base - we need to be real careful with the gameplay changes, if it was truly bad we would not be hitting these marks (for such an new server unknown in GO too). ZE is about fear, run and if we change things too much we could lose what is building.. something special again. That's my main concern above all else. It works.

BlackWhite
15 Aug 2014, 04:00pm
The server continues to grow, now in the 40's base - we need to be real careful with the gameplay changes, if it was truly bad we would not be hitting these marks (for such an new server unknown in GO too). ZE is about fear, run and if we change things too much we could lose what is building.. something special again. That's my main concern above all else. It works.

Despire of many people comming in, they mostly complainning about the zombie spawnning in large group of humans while not tp back to the spawn. The reason they still comming is because this is the only server with population on, hoping the spawn will change or they want to keep challange it (like we do it in the old time)

So far knockback and the bullet ammount is fair. Not sure if anyone want to restrict some weapon in movement speeds.

SplittingSkulls
15 Aug 2014, 04:09pm
I think it's great so far! I also see people complaining about the zombies spawning in the middle of everyone but it's just 1 zombie... if you send them back to spawn you'll need to make more than 1 spawn! I'd say 20%-30% of the server pop ( or more) should be zombies if you send them back to spawn because it will favor the CT's when you do that.

WickedZealot
16 Aug 2014, 03:19am
Despire of many people comming in, they mostly complainning about the zombie spawnning in large group of humans while not tp back to the spawn. The reason they still comming is because this is the only server with population on, hoping the spawn will change or they want to keep challange it (like we do it in the old time)

So far knockback and the bullet ammount is fair. Not sure if anyone want to restrict some weapon in movement speeds.

They love it really, it's one thing people giving out cause its fun and when its just plain wrong & leaving. We could do some slight adjustments (very slight) but the random spawning should be kept. If we change it to players back to spawn, it changes the whole gameplay in one go & become boring as previous versions we had. SG ZE was built on random spawn for an long time. Everyone needs to do some team-work and its very easy then to defeat the zombies during the random spawn.
Before it was limited to 1 zombie (now it can go 2-3 depending how many players is on) to spawn randomly, and the time delay of when this spawn happens was an little longer than it currently is - which we could adjust it to like this & would make it seem better for humans but without changing it to send zombies back to spawn.

Also no we are not the most popular ZE server at all on GO, there is others out there I have on my list that keeps an 60 player base continuously - we got some road to go yet. I would be focusing on more adjustments on small things with adjustments to certain maps, improve the nades further, etc.

I think we can all agree, we got something good here with ZE GO - let's keep it going! The influx of new players on there is huge & really great to see. Let's give it more time as we don't want an CSS ZE in an CSGO ZE - time for change.

mNote
16 Aug 2014, 04:40am
Once I get home, I want to try playing this.

ZM started out with a rank system. I wouldn't mind seeing this on the ZE server as well.

As far as the random zombie spawning conversation... I disagree with sending the zombies back to spawn. Reason being is because I would hate to make the game-play experience easier for people. The easier the game gets, the boring it becomes. Even if the zombies win every round, sending them back to spawn would just shift the problem from 100% zombie win to 100% human win.

Shit happens. Which is why it's fun.

Vy
16 Aug 2014, 05:43am
Definitely. Gotta own Wicked at his own game.

Scottx125
16 Aug 2014, 03:11pm
Personally i'm not one for caring much about score or ranking, imo there are far more important things that need to be fixed on the server first such as zombie spawns, zombie spawn ratios, weapon knock back and availability of certain types of weapons (limit weapons with huge knock back such as the AWP).

Jazz
17 Aug 2014, 03:40pm
Adding rank will have its consequences, people will purposely infect themselves which can potentially ruin the game. Thus you would have to edit settings radically while already having other stuff to deal with. You would have to make it so surviving as a human will give you 5 points in rank. Thats a suggestion I carry from source with andre, and it worked then so just a fyi

edit: haha realizied how much i use "you", like im only talking to pan :P

WickedZealot
17 Aug 2014, 03:44pm
.. people will purposely infect themselves ...

I know what you mean man.. totally.

BlackWhite
17 Aug 2014, 04:02pm
If i remember correctlly, Human winning the round gain you 25 points; for zombie 5 points. Human killing a zombie also have 10 points instead of zombie's 1 points. Maybe we can adjust higher seeing the population still doesn't use their brain and try to shoot the zombie away (RUN!MUTHERFUKING RUN! FUK GUNS!).

Jazz
17 Aug 2014, 04:10pm
If i remember correctlly, Human winning the round gain you 25 points; for zombie 5 points. Human killing a zombie also have 10 points instead of zombie's 1 points. Maybe we can adjust higher seeing the population still doesn't use their brain and try to shoot the zombie away (RUN!MUTHERFUKING RUN! FUK GUNS!).

Your memory serves you well mi amigo. I know I voted "yes" but I still think we should wait another month so more of the basics get settled first.

hahahaha wickedzealot u bastard xD

Turtlefiish
17 Aug 2014, 04:58pm

I've killed maybe a zombie 3-4 times, killed hundreds of humans. I've won about 4-5x as many rounds as a zombie than I have as a human. Even though you do win more points as a human, you'll win them far more frequently as a zombie which makes it more efficient to be a zombie when rankwhoring.

People also run forward trying to get that zombie kill for the points and end up getting themselves killed, usually this is a group of dummies who do this, making a lot more zombies.

I'm unsure if making the environment more competitive will actually make it more fun too.

For some reason I thought this thread was about ranking suggestions in order before I opened it, no idea why...

Vy
17 Aug 2014, 10:49pm
You should gain 100 points for a zombie kill and (5 * enemy zombie players) points for winning the round. While you gain 1 point for an infection and 5 points for winning a round as a zombie.

Spyder
18 Aug 2014, 12:47pm
I think for the ranking system it should look a little like Bread/Pan's skill surf ranks. Where depending on time played, skill, best time etc you could get Noob, Amateur, Novice, Expert and eventually Master but maybe change the rank names :3 Like Zombie Slayer or Exterminator or some shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper
19 Aug 2014, 02:54pm
I think we should iron out the current issues with the server before implementing this, but I think it would be cool to do. inb4 Riperzz and WickedZealot get 1st and 2nd.