PDA

View Full Version : Ideas: PB Subscriber Perks

ExRev
14 Aug 2014, 05:12pm
What would you guys like to see for Subscriber perks [FOR PB]? Or I guess, what would make you pay SG monthly monies? :amuse:

(These are just ideas at the moment as Subscriber isn't set into stone yet)

BoA
14 Aug 2014, 05:24pm
Option to ban Neptune.
jk.
Votekick and votemute/gag option.

Elemental
14 Aug 2014, 05:30pm
Option to ban Neptune.

This ^

And maybe some kind of Subscriber-only skin or something?
Not really original, but yeah, what else are you gonna give ppl on a PB server xD

ExRev
14 Aug 2014, 05:32pm
what else are you gonna give ppl on a PB server xD

Hence, thread. =P

Elemental
14 Aug 2014, 05:51pm
maybe in PB, a subscriber can spawn 1st round with $16.000 so you can buy a jihad 1st round as T? xD

ShoieP
14 Aug 2014, 05:59pm
If we're talking strictly CS:GO PB:

Since the server is actually using the LR plugin, why not restrict the cooler, sillier LRs so only Subs can pick them.

[From the SM_Hosties page]

33 Last Request Games included as default

Drunken Boxing
Most Jumps
Farthest Jump
Brink of Death
Race
Russian Roulette
Rebel
Low-Grav Knife Fight
Hi-Speed Knife Fight
Third Person Knife Fight
Drugged Knife Fight
Vintage (Normal) Knife Fight
Rock Paper Scissors
NoScope with any scoped weapon (4 choices)
Dodgeball
Hot Potato
Chicken Fight
Shot4Shot with any pistol (6 choices for CS:S, 7 for CS:GO)
Mag4Mag with any pistol (6 choices for CS:S, 7 for CS:GO)
Gun Toss

Let normal players pick only Normal Knife Fight/Shot4Shot/Gun Toss, and only let Subs pick all the other cools one.

If anyone could, they could also make custom LRs that only Subs can pick as well.

Turtlefiish
14 Aug 2014, 06:11pm
- CS:GO: more zombie classes.. Without having to download more ;)

Nope, that sort of thing sucks badly. Don't want to get people annoyed by an unfair advantage.

ExRev
14 Aug 2014, 06:16pm
- CS:GO: more zombie classes.. Without having to download more ;)

Nope, that sort of thing sucks badly. Don't want to get people annoyed by an unfair advantage.

Yea...was kinda hoping it'd catch on I'd be asking about PB in the PB section...

Turtlefiish
14 Aug 2014, 06:35pm
Yea...was kinda hoping it'd catch on I'd be asking about PB in the PB section...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Isn't talking while dead normally a big perk for sups on PB? Much else screws with the gamemode/adds extra downloads to the server.

Elemental
14 Aug 2014, 06:56pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Isn't talking while dead normally a big perk for sups on PB? Much else screws with the gamemode/adds extra downloads to the server.

SUP+ can use voice chat while dead, don't think that should be changed

Ryoku
14 Aug 2014, 07:00pm
I like Boa's Idea on vote kicks. :D

Elemental
14 Aug 2014, 07:09pm
Votekick/mute/ban anything is always a bad idea. It will get abused. :/

Lupin
14 Aug 2014, 07:34pm
Admin

Zaraki
14 Aug 2014, 10:58pm

Apologies, browsing the forums on an iPhone isn't that clear ^^

BlackEagle
15 Aug 2014, 05:06am
I'm on the fence with this. In all honesty if it was abused it could easily be removed from people that are abusing it.

Then again it really doesn't do a whole lot because the players would just come back. This has been brought up many times before. I'm personally on the fence about it but it may actually be one of the better perks.

I'm in favor of a couple extra skins and the additional LR plugin. I think these two things would make the game a little more interesting.

Another small change would be colored chat. I haven't been playing GO that long and I am not sure if that is possible but this could be a change community wide with only subscribers being able to use colored chat.

LoneWolf
15 Aug 2014, 07:48am
How would votekick and voteban be abused? If you are paying monthly for this perk and you abuse it you lose the perk so gg you just gave free money

Extreme Potatoes
15 Aug 2014, 08:58am

This is how I feel. When supporters were given votekick on TTT, it was abused to hell and was removed after several weeks. I don't think it should be given out like that because I have a pretty good feeling that it's gonna turn out the same way.

I think we should adapt some ideas from HG's in-game store. They have it set-up so you can only buy 1 CT and 1 T skin, but the rest can only be bought if you have VIP (Subscriber). Even if you already donated, you don't get the skins automatically, but you are now able to buy them if you have the credits. Also, their store has a few other things that I've never seen before and they seem cool, such as masks, tails, and explosive headshots.

omarfire00
15 Aug 2014, 02:30pm
I think that those that oppose the idea of Votekick/Votemute/Voteban are just overlooking the great perks that come by with it. First of all, it could be used by some to show other admins and players that those subscribers are trust worthy and capable of being an admin. Second of all, I wouldn't think a whole server would just abuse someone for the heck of it, and if that is indeed the case, person having the gun pointed at could always record a demo of the abuse.

Now to get to the limitations, because there always a need for that in topics wielding great power like this. Vote bans should have a ban time of 30 minutes or 1 hours, enough time for the one who created the ban to discuss it with an admin. There should also be a cool down for these created votes so it wouldn't be abused as stated above.

Lupin
15 Aug 2014, 03:26pm
I think that some tier of supporting should allow the person to be able to make an announcement to play on X server, because most of the time, no one is on/there to do it

BlackWhite
15 Aug 2014, 03:48pm
Votekick/votemute system should only belongs to admin and up. Allow supporter to use it will be abused as hell or make it the same system as scrim star won't really help either.

Custom tags can be a option, we already have enough skins for it. Extra LR plugin for sup can be an option but seems a little unfair.

BlackEagle
15 Aug 2014, 04:48pm
I think that some tier of supporting should allow the person to be able to make an announcement to play on X server, because most of the time, no one is on/there to do it
If you are talking about steam events then you can message a CE+ about it and we can make them.

jeN
15 Aug 2014, 05:21pm
We've used votekick/ban in the past, AGES AGO, and it was indeed abused fairly often. It was also annoying to remove those bans from the system as they were tied to the server, not SM.

Mudkip™
15 Aug 2014, 07:34pm
ability to be racist

ExRev
15 Aug 2014, 08:12pm
ability to be racist

There's the ticket, right there.

jeN
15 Aug 2014, 08:22pm
I would pay for

The ability to play soundclips(with a limit per map and removed from user if abused as it will be)
The ability to beacon people

-rocket people
-drug people
-slap them

Laser guns, pewpew
Command to call for admin, that sends to chatbox or somewhere instead of awkwardly having to find an admin online or beg in CB

R3TROATTACK
15 Aug 2014, 08:23pm
I would pay for

The ability to play soundclips(with a limit per map and removed from user if abused as it will be)

-rocket people
-drug people
-slap them

Laser guns, pewpew
Command to call for admin, that sends to chatbox or somewhere instead of awkwardly having to find an admin online or beg in CB

wait thats everything i do as a admin! but the last one should be for everyone in general and its been suggested for multiple servers but you know how stuff is

jeN
15 Aug 2014, 08:27pm
wait thats everything i do as a admin! but the last one should be for everyone in general and its been suggested for multiple servers but you know how stuff is

I know, I've turned the last one down on multiple occasions as it'd be a pain in the ass to implement =p

ExRev
15 Aug 2014, 09:13pm
I would pay for

-rocket people
-drug people
-slap them

Laser guns, pewpew

I like this. Thank you. Not sure how to get 4 to work though.

Zaraki
16 Aug 2014, 01:51am
Votekick: Yes.. After a review by a higher-up..
Voteban: No, that's an admin's job..

For the rest, perks are all fun until you'll have to download longer than 3 minutes just to join and we'll lose players again.
Maybe immunity from slapping (read: abuse by other admins) is something simple, but fun idea.

BlackEagle
16 Aug 2014, 03:42am
Votekick: Yes.. After a review by a higher-up..
Voteban: No, that's an admin's job..

For the rest, perks are all fun until you'll have to download longer than 3 minutes just to join and we'll lose players again.
Maybe immunity from slapping (read: abuse by other admins) is something simple, but fun idea.
Things like slapping are useful to help people get unstuck from places. So I'm not sure that would work too well.

I agree with having just vote kick then having an admin come in to ban.

I think that the ability to call admins into the server should be available for one of the new regular levels to prevent random from spamming it.

I still think some things like slapping and colored chat would be cool if applicable. This would limit the amount of downloads required since these would be readily available.

jeN
16 Aug 2014, 11:39am
I agree with having just vote kick then having an admin come in to ban.

I think that the ability to call admins into the server should be available for one of the new regular levels to prevent random from spamming it.

I still think some things like slapping and colored chat would be cool if applicable. This would limit the amount of downloads required since these would be readily available.

The 2nd one would be a bit harder to implement, we could just have a votekick/votemute and remove voteban as I don't think anyone but admins should be able to ban.

I found a call to admin plugins but I want to review it with Exrev before we add it.

And for colours, CSGO is limited on colours: http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123780764-4.jpg So it wont really look as nice as it does on CS:S