PDA

View Full Version : GunZ 2: The Second Duel

Frostbitten
13 Aug 2014, 07:36am
Hey guys and gals! I was kinda confused on where I could post a review about a 3rd person shooter since I only saw threads for 1st PS and RTS until I saw I could post a different thread :P

Ok, enough talk, review time!

GunZ 2: The Second Duel is a anime-style 3rd person shooter that defies the law of physics and gives you the chance to perform moves that you couldn't do in other games. At the moment, it has 6 characters that you can choose from that have their own way of brawling it out. It's like the Matrix, but with an authentic anime style straight from Korea. Here's a trailer of it and some gameplay(the trailer's a bit outdated, so it'd serve you best to check it out in the store page on Steam):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ELWe_UEVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06bG5ekl_Y

The game also features different game modes that test your skills in every way possible (well, almost every way):

Team Deathmatch: Fight along side friends or clan members against another team in a 4v4 brawl in a race to get to 400 points the fastest! Anything can happen when anything goes!

Team Elimination: A spin-off of TDM, except if you die, you don't respawn until either your team is wiped out, the enemy team is dead, or until time runs out. Puts some pressure on you, but is perfect if you wanna practice staying alive :P

Time Attack: As the title goes, this game mode pits you against a timer, while fighting the enemy team. You must get past 3-4 stages to get to the end at the fastest time. But remember, the enemy team also has a chance to be on the offensive. So you have to defend and attack the enemy so they won't beat your time.

Gladiator: This is sorta like TE, but it gives you only the melee weapon your character has. It puts you in a small arena to rock it out.

And the game also has a Ranked game mode, but it features the same modes as normal (TDM, TE, etc.) and tougher people.

There is also a campaign mode where you can play with 3 friends against artificial intelligence to progress through a story-driven quest. It's short, but it's a good way to practice combos.

The gameplay video shows 4 characters, but there are 2 more:

Wayne The Strider
Arsenal: A whip with a blade at the tip, a revolver, and a lever action rifle.
As the arsenal suggests, Wayne is a cowboy from the Wild West. Fights to keep the peace and stop corruption. Difficult to use, but with certain techniques, he's worth it.

Rose The Rocket Trooper
Arsenal: A rocket launcher, a combat knife, and a shotgun.
Rose is a recent addition to the team who I hate a lot. Reason: loli and annoying
She's quick to move and can be used to act like a pest to the enemy team or support to keep the enemy out.

There are also other stuff in the game, like gears to increase health, armor, etc., different types of clothes, accessories to put on your character, and leveling up. It's really great. At the time, the game uses a peer-to-peer system, where the system chooses a host and plays along like that. But it's sorta annoying, since it usually gives you a terrible ping. In the future, they will add servers for everyone to enjoy.

My rating? 10/10 Mostly because of the great soundtrack it offers <3. And as
some people expect out of anime-style games, there are panty shots. So go nuts.

And the best thing is, it's free to play! Try it out!

Elemental
13 Aug 2014, 08:04am
Omgawd, I played GunZ for a while looooong ago, was pretty funny, especially that kind of wave dashing or whatever that you can do with the sword and stuff, was friggin fun xD

It's supposed to be on steam, but the link seems to be broken o.o;

ShoieP
13 Aug 2014, 11:16am
Omgawd, I played GunZ for a while looooong ago, was pretty funny, especially that kind of wave dashing or whatever that you can do with the sword and stuff, was friggin fun xD

It's supposed to be on steam, but the link seems to be broken o.o;
Same, I played the first GunZ for a while.

It was Butterfly and K-Style.

Lupin
13 Aug 2014, 03:29pm
Same, I played the first GunZ for a while.

It was Butterfly and K-Style.

I think they removed kstyle and butterfly and all the fancy sword and gun stuff from this game

Frostbitten
13 Aug 2014, 03:56pm
I think they removed kstyle and butterfly and all the fancy sword and gun stuff from this game

They did, because people thought that it was really difficult to fight against players who use the style. People try to k-style and butterfly in the game, but it's broken beyond all repair.

Sent from my guardian angel.

Lupin
13 Aug 2014, 04:44pm
They did, because people thought that it was really difficult to fight against players who use the style. People try to k-style and butterfly in the game, but it's broken beyond all repair.

Kstyleing and what not was honestly the best part about the 1st one. It helped distinguish the good players and the fucking amazing players. Kstyling was pretty hard to fight but hard to master. Without the kstyling it just feels like a shitty 3rd person Pay 2 Win shooter

ShoieP
13 Aug 2014, 04:56pm
Kstyleing and what not was honestly the best part about the 1st one. It helped distinguish the good players and the fucking amazing players. Kstyling was pretty hard to fight but hard to master. Without the kstyling it just feels like a shitty 3rd person Pay 2 Win shooter

Playing Climb maps on private servers with butterfly wall climbing was a lot of fun too

harro
13 Aug 2014, 06:48pm
Took out all the mechanics of the game, would rather play Gunz 1.

Elemental
13 Aug 2014, 06:53pm

Yeahh, didnt know they removed this in GunZ 2, sounds like your better off playing GunZ like harro said x.x

Frostbitten
13 Aug 2014, 07:22pm
Yeahh, didnt know they removed this in GunZ 2, sounds like your better off playing GunZ like harro said x.x

Too bad they removed GunZ off the internet :< I really wanted to try it out and see what everyone was talking about. Ugh, well, we all can't have our wishes granted :/

ShoieP
13 Aug 2014, 07:55pm
Too bad they removed GunZ off the internet :< I really wanted to try it out and see what everyone was talking about. Ugh, well, we all can't have our wishes granted :/

Yeah, you can.

Like I said, you can play on a private server.

https://www.darkgunz.com/ for example.

Elemental
13 Aug 2014, 09:12pm
Yeah, you can.

Like I said, you can play on a private server.

https://www.darkgunz.com/ for example.

Downloading it now, see if I still got it ( Pretty sure I dont xD )