PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions & Adjustments

WickedZealot
6 Aug 2014, 11:46am
So having fun on GO ZE ?

It's going well so far and interesting enough to keep players coming back. So this thread is to let members here suggest any improvements or such to save everyone pinging Pan every 5 minutes. :blink:

Today he posted an update of changes, and I think we should be very, very careful for the time being in not making an rash amount of changes as so far ... it currently works very well. Let's not mess it up!

To kick off, it's more of an question that I am not sure on.. I know Zspawn has now been changed to be disabled after you die (so you stay dead) but I kinda liked how you could come back again.. even if you end up back at the beginning of the map with some maps nearly no hope of making it towards the humans again however it felt better than just waiting around as some maps you could be waiting for 5-10 minutes if you killed too early. Now it only applies to maps that have the ability to kill you as normally humans can't really kill zombies here (which is good). How do you feel about this ? Or lay waste your suggestions you would like for some point in the future - does not mean tomorrow.. when Pan gets an chance and if he thinks it is good enough (along with the rest of us).

Keep playing, keep having fun on ZE !

Elemental
6 Aug 2014, 12:04pm
I thought respawning only stopped after an excessive zombie rape was detected

WickedZealot
6 Aug 2014, 12:07pm
could be, have not gone in-game yet so might be my mistake on it :bolt:

Jazz
6 Aug 2014, 12:50pm
How about disable auto-respawn, and enable the option to be able to spawn if you wish. Ie. if you die, then type !zspawn to spawn?

ExileD
6 Aug 2014, 01:00pm
How about disable auto-respawn, and enable the option to be able to spawn if you wish. Ie. if you die, then type !zspawn to spawn?

6 Aug 2014
Money issue (should be) fixed
Map time has been raised to 30 minutes
Automatic ZSpawn has been disabled

From Pan's post it seems that automatic zspawn is already disabled. Just letting you know.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57634

BlackEagle
6 Aug 2014, 02:01pm
From Pan's post it seems that automatic zspawn is already disabled. Just letting you know.

He would be correct.

However I do like the ability to respawn with !zspawn if you died as a human. The auto-respawn actually wasn't supported on some maps such as titanic as the zombies would continue to respawn if the humans won the round.

Kratos
6 Aug 2014, 07:41pm
The only complaint I can think of is that zombie spawns too fast. Like, on the Halo map, you can even get out of the spawn area without dying.

Vy
6 Aug 2014, 11:49pm
Remove / fix fire bombs as they make the zombies run faster or don't do anything at all.

More events!

If it's not fixed yet, can you please remove the scream sounds? I have to redownload that everytime I join a server for some reason.

Jazz
7 Aug 2014, 04:37am

Yeah, I know. My point was to add the ability to choose if you wish to respawn manually. Also, with auto-respawn you can die multiple times due to the map nukeing, and so if we later add rank to the server then I dont think people woukd appreciate dying so many times and instead just wish to spectate and save points.

What Beagle said is also true.

Pan32
7 Aug 2014, 05:50am
So having fun on GO ZE ?

It's going well so far and interesting enough to keep players coming back. So this thread is to let members here suggest any improvements or such to save everyone pinging Pan every 5 minutes. :blink:

Today he posted an update of changes, and I think we should be very, very careful for the time being in not making an rash amount of changes as so far ... it currently works very well. Let's not mess it up!

To kick off, it's more of an question that I am not sure on.. I know Zspawn has now been changed to be disabled after you die (so you stay dead) but I kinda liked how you could come back again.. even if you end up back at the beginning of the map with some maps nearly no hope of making it towards the humans again however it felt better than just waiting around as some maps you could be waiting for 5-10 minutes if you killed too early. Now it only applies to maps that have the ability to kill you as normally humans can't really kill zombies here (which is good). How do you feel about this ? Or lay waste your suggestions you would like for some point in the future - does not mean tomorrow.. when Pan gets an chance and if he thinks it is good enough (along with the rest of us).

Keep playing, keep having fun on ZE !

I'm used to get bothered, wouldn't be the first time, but a thread does help out. As refered, AutoZSpawn is disabled, however, you can still use !zspawn.

The only complaint I can think of is that zombie spawns too fast. Like, on the Halo map, you can even get out of the spawn area without dying.

You are supposed to have a first hold on spawn.

Remove / fix fire bombs as they make the zombies run faster or don't do anything at all.

More events!

If it's not fixed yet, can you please remove the scream sounds? I have to redownload that everytime I join a server for some reason.

I've been trying to solve it slightly, but will take some more tweaking around it still

If you need a event, ask one of the CE's that are working together with me on this server (BlackEagle, Extreme Potatoes) or just simply bother me. I also will be around on the server, just sitting there, might not even be using my nickname.

The scream sounds that you redownload is part of the workaround. The method used is called fake precacher, which makes the plugin think he loaded the file, when he didn't, so, It's purely cosmetic.

Kratos
7 Aug 2014, 06:01am
That "first hold" is damn near impossible to do. I think yesterday we spent 30 minutes on that map just stuck at spawn.

Spyder
7 Aug 2014, 06:03am

Same with Deathstar escape. Zombie spawns in one of the area before the doors can open/elevators leave so there goes about half of the server in 20 seconds.

That "first hold" is damn near impossible to do. I think yesterday we spent 30 minutes on that map just stuck at spawn.

Also true. Unless everyone buys Negevs and we all have perfect aim, the zombie, depending on skill level, still gets everyone so we all get shafted at spawn. But I think it's just certain maps that are like this.

Vy
7 Aug 2014, 06:28am
Same with Deathstar escape. Zombie spawns in one of the area before the doors can open/elevators leave so there goes about half of the server in 20 seconds.That's supposed to happen. Otherwise the zombie would get no one and the round would be boring. We've won deathstar quite a few times now, so I don't think zombie spawn is a huge issue, it's more about the players on at that time.

Elemental
7 Aug 2014, 06:48am
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Elemental91/screenshot/563267371904119341

Who can tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Yah, Terrorist got replaced by "SG TF2 Servers", no clue how it happened, but there ye go :P

ShoieP
7 Aug 2014, 10:39am
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Elemental91/screenshot/563267371904119341

Who can tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Yah, Terrorist got replaced by "SG TF2 Servers", no clue how it happened, but there ye go :P

That's been happening on the other servers. I've come to the conclusion that it changes based on a player's clan tag. Since most admins are probably going to be using the [SG] TF2 Servers group as their clan to get the [SG] in their names. It probably changes the team name to that since most people will be using the group.

Vy
7 Aug 2014, 01:56pm
Some maps need block enabled on them. Such as blackmesa, sst, atix_heli, titanic, jurasic, sorrento

Pan32
7 Aug 2014, 11:34pm
Same with Deathstar escape. Zombie spawns in one of the area before the doors can open/elevators leave so there goes about half of the server in 20 seconds.

Also true. Unless everyone buys Negevs and we all have perfect aim, the zombie, depending on skill level, still gets everyone so we all get shafted at spawn. But I think it's just certain maps that are like this.
If a hold method fails, change things around, test and stress the map as much as you can. One thing I won't do is rush changes, I prefer to explore possible gameplay options, rather than constantly ease things up by modifying configs

Turtlefiish
9 Aug 2014, 05:38pm
Some maps need block enabled on them. Such as blackmesa, sst, atix_heli, titanic, jurasic, sorrento

Yep, map hold points are not designed to have a million zombies being able to pour through the same spot. Block is meant to fix this problem (though I have no idea how some of the maps have been changed), especially on Sorrento.

Also to people complaining about the start; you really have to think about the gameplay for the zombies. Being restricted and held back (by the map or the server) is not fun, it's why people hate invisible walls and pushbacks in map designs.

Side thing - someone needs to make a map thread separate to this one so that people can talk about specific maps that have problems on the server and what needs changing on them. (Threads breaking down the problems further are always helpful, ZE's "megathreads" get clunky).

Vy
11 Aug 2014, 02:06pm
There's a common bug where you cannot connect to the server and it says "Disconnected - This session is not available" or something like that.

Pan32
11 Aug 2014, 02:20pm
There's a common bug where you cannot connect to the server and it says "Disconnected - This session is not available" or something like that.
Restart steam and if it doesn't fix and no one else can connect, ask a ao to restart.

About the map thing, you'll need to wait till I get back from vacation, not much I can do with the connection I have. After all, I think I deserve a vacation uh? :p

Vy
11 Aug 2014, 11:16pm
Restart steam and if it doesn't fix and no one else can connect, ask a ao to restart.

About the map thing, you'll need to wait till I get back from vacation, not much I can do with the connection I have. After all, I think I deserve a vacation uh? :pNo. Unless you went to Lithuania. In which case, enjoy your stay!

Scottx125
15 Aug 2014, 08:45am
Dont know if this has been suggested or not (cba to check) but at the start of each game we are getting 3-5 zombies spawn, and without them being tped to spawn on 90% of the maps it becomes a zombie buffet where usually in two clumps or one clump of CT's they are all transformed into zombies. This makes some maps impossible.. So ima suggest that you increase the zombie spawn to about 1 zombie per 4 - 5 CT's and have them instantly return to spawn.

Also we really need to implement some sort of map lockout system that prevents maps being overplayed, over the past 2 days i must have played 30 seconds, ATIX and death star about 20 times... My idea is that one a map is played it should be locked out of the system for X time or X number of map changes.

Sniper
15 Aug 2014, 02:29pm
Dont know if this has been suggested or not (cba to check) but at the start of each game we are getting 3-5 zombies spawn, and without them being tped to spawn on 90% of the maps it becomes a zombie buffet where usually in two clumps or one clump of CT's they are all transformed into zombies. This makes some maps impossible.. So ima suggest that you increase the zombie spawn to about 1 zombie per 4 - 5 CT's and have them instantly return to spawn.

Also we really need to implement some sort of map lockout system that prevents maps being overplayed, over the past 2 days i must have played 30 seconds, ATIX and death star about 20 times... My idea is that one a map is played it should be locked out of the system for X time or X number of map changes.

Agreed with the first part. As for the second part, I think that if the spawn issue is fixed, this shouldn't be that much of a problem because the maps you listed are pretty much the only maps that the humans have a fairly good chance of winning (titanic too). Fix the spawn issue, and we should start seeing a variety of maps being played. Keep adding new maps too.

R3TROATTACK
15 Aug 2014, 06:02pm
Well this is really related to the settings but anyway we could get a !stopmusic plugin like the one from mg since u cant do snd_restart anymore on csgo cause valve is gay?

Vy
16 Aug 2014, 05:44am
Idk why people have an issue with the spawn settings. We've won maps with them and they have never been an issue. What has been an issue is that people are generally dumb and run away without doing anything to the zombies, thus die very quickly.

BlackEagle
16 Aug 2014, 06:03am
Idk why people have an issue with the spawn settings. We've won maps with them and they have never been an issue. What has been an issue is that people are generally dumb and run away without doing anything to the zombies, thus die very quickly.
This.

People just haven't played ZE in a long time and have forgotten that it actually takes some work and coordination to win. I've seen more maps fail because of people throwing the useless grenades than because of there being too many zombies.

Agent_Wesker
16 Aug 2014, 09:01am
Played for the first time yesterday, knockback is very weird compared to CSS. It feels like you either get a very small push or max velocity and go flying until you hit a wall. I suggest adding a velocity cap for zombies, or if possible a more gradual reduction in speed over time.

Scottx125
16 Aug 2014, 03:09pm
Played for the first time yesterday, knockback is very weird compared to CSS. It feels like you either get a very small push or max velocity and go flying until you hit a wall. I suggest adding a velocity cap for zombies, or if possible a more gradual reduction in speed over time.

I agree, in CSS the knock back is always the same and you can gauge the amount of knock back a weapon will give you, where as in CSGO, it either seems to be very little knock back, or tons.

BlackWhite
16 Aug 2014, 03:36pm
I agree, in CSS the knock back is always the same and you can gauge the amount of knock back a weapon will give you, where as in CSGO, it either seems to be very little knock back, or tons.

depends on which weapon or which part of body you hit i think. CSGO weapon setting is very different from css which give more specificed settings. We might need to test it before decide to reduce which.

Agent_Wesker
16 Aug 2014, 05:06pm
Also, please lower or remove sv_staminalandcost. It's annoying when you jump off of a fast moving vehicle and then just stop immediately.

Vy
17 Aug 2014, 02:27am
Also, please lower or remove sv_staminalandcost. It's annoying when you jump off of a fast moving vehicle and then just stop immediately.Please don't do this.

It has been the best improvement.

Agent_Wesker
17 Aug 2014, 09:16am
Please don't do this.

It has been the best improvement.

I just tested it actually, and it doesn't stop all loss of momentum. Ah well.

On another note, this plugin adds sprays back into the game: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2118030

Bdcoll
17 Aug 2014, 12:28pm
Is their a way we can make it so humans actually have a chance of winning?

I know were not exactly the best at playing these maps, but a lot of the time we are failing a lot earlier than we should be.

Personally I think its down to zombies either spawning too early, or in too big a number. For example, playing Chicken_Lords, the map is over before you get through the first arch, as you have no chance of winning if zombies got some kills. Another example is on Voodoo, where 50% will die in spawn, and you'll be lucky to have people making the second stage.

Agent_Wesker
17 Aug 2014, 12:29pm
Is their a way we can make it so humans actually have a chance of winning?

I know were not exactly the best at playing these maps, but a lot of the time we are failing a lot earlier than we should be.

Personally I think its down to zombies either spawning too early, or in too big a number. For example, playing Chicken_Lords, the map is over before you get through the first arch, as you have no chance of winning if zombies got some kills. Another example is on Voodoo, where 50% will die in spawn, and you'll be lucky to have people making the second stage.

Some maps just need zombie teleport enabled, so the humans have a short head start.

Vy
17 Aug 2014, 01:36pm
Personally I think its down to zombies either spawning too early, or in too big a number. For example, playing Chicken_Lords, the map is over before you get through the first arch, as you have no chance of winning if zombies got some kills. Another example is on Voodoo, where 50% will die in spawn, and you'll be lucky to have people making the second stage.You need to be a true :pink: lord of the chikun :pink: to win that map. Therefor you will never win that map without me.

No way to fix the zombies though, if you tele them to spawn, humans win easily. If you don't, zombies actually have a chance.

BlackEagle
17 Aug 2014, 02:39pm
Train escape was impossible. There wasn't a single round where a zombie didn't spawn ahead and the round was over. This map does need a zombie teleport.

Not to mention the server was almost full and a lot of people were complaining about it.

Elemental
17 Aug 2014, 02:45pm
Train escape was impossible. There wasn't a single round where a zombie didn't spawn ahead and the round was over. This map does need a zombie teleport.

Not to mention the server was almost full and a lot of people were complaining about it.

Stuff like this has been happening every time the server was immensely populated. Pretty much all of the people are always complaining how our server doesn't TP the zombies to spawn.
Of course, this isn't the case in all maps, which makes it really difficult =/

Bdcoll
17 Aug 2014, 03:02pm
Surely their is a way to tell the server which maps to enable to teleport and which ones to ignore it?

Jazz
17 Aug 2014, 03:27pm
Teleporting zombie to spawn will make it too damn easy for humans. I highly recommend to boycott that. From what I have seen we have 2 zombie spawns, how about reducing it to only 1, like we had in source? This way there won't be a cluster all the time and it will be easier to contain the zombie since only one spawns(in one area). It also makes you shit your pants (kinda) when you get the zombie potentially spawning 1meter from you instead of knowing ah ok zombie spawn in spawn no problem...ZE is all about getting the "omgomg" feelings. And plsplspls loook back and shoot with pistols guys it will stop the infection spread massively.

Also is it possible to remove AFK teleport? Its really annoying since me and Black&White were left behind due to fending off some zombies which were infected/spawned within our section. We did manage to get ahead of the zombies (AlphaSquad l33t ya know,jkjk) but we got teleported with them, inside of them, among them. It really takes away individual clutch plays possibilities, I remember I had a couple of those being behind like 15-20 zombies on source and still winning, and that is the best feeling ever. So removing that would be huuuge.

With only one zombie spawning though, I do suggest to reduce knockback slightly on zombies to still make it a bit challenging for humans.

Good news is from what I've seen we peaked 55/60 players yesterday, so good job guys keep it up

WickedZealot
17 Aug 2014, 03:37pm
What Jazzman said, we need to keep it but can adjust it slightly - believe it we know what your talking about.

Today we hit 60 players - full house and lasted for an good period before falling back to high 40's (pretty much sits in there it seems). We are doing it good folks, keep playing!

BlackEagle
17 Aug 2014, 03:39pm
Teleporting zombie to spawn will make it too damn easy for humans. I highly recommend to boycott that. From what I have seen we have 2 zombie spawns, how about reducing it to only 1, like we had in source? This way there won't be a cluster all the time and it will be easier to contain the zombie since only one spawns(in one area). It also makes you shit your pants (kinda) when you get the zombie potentially spawning 1meter from you instead of knowing ah ok zombie spawn in spawn no problem...ZE is all about getting the "omgomg" feelings. And plsplspls loook back and shoot with pistols guys it will stop the infection spread massively.

Also is it possible to remove AFK teleport? Its really annoying since me and Black&White were left behind due to fending off some zombies which were infected/spawned within our section. We did manage to get ahead of the zombies (AlphaSquad l33t ya know,jkjk) but we got teleported with them, inside of them, among them. It really takes away individual clutch plays possibilities, I remember I had a couple of those being behind like 15-20 zombies on source and still winning, and that is the best feeling ever. So removing that would be huuuge.

With only one zombie spawning though, I do suggest to reduce knockback slightly on zombies to still make it a bit challenging for humans.

Good news is from what I've seen we peaked 55/60 players yesterday, so good job guys keep it up

It is 100% needed on maps like train escape. It isn't need for the majority of the maps but anyone that was on train escape can tell you that when a zombie spawned middle of the pack it was over. Unless the zombie spawned in the back then there was no way you could survive.

Voodoo is one that could use a zombie reduction. With the server almost full the third stage was never achieved by more than one or two people. After the spawn typically around 30-50% of the population was already "zombified."

I just think that we could use the teleport for just a couple of maps. I agree with not putting it on maps unless it is absolutely needed but train escape is a map that definitely needs it.

Jazz
17 Aug 2014, 03:49pm
Train escape does not need it either. Here is why; There are two paths at least to take to get from spawn area to train area which means people can divide themselves in 2-3 groups, more or less equally. So when the zombie spawns, a third-to-max half of the players should get infected, which still gives the humans a good chance seeing as the map is easy in itself. What the players are doing wrong is that everyone takes the same path resulting in one huge cluster. People are noobs so they tend to follow a lot. Give it time and people will start using their heads and divide, hopefully.

Agent_Wesker
17 Aug 2014, 05:25pm
Train escape does not need it either. Here is why; There are two paths at least to take to get from spawn area to train area which means people can divide themselves in 2-3 groups, more or less equally. So when the zombie spawns, a third-to-max half of the players should get infected, which still gives the humans a good chance seeing as the map is easy in itself. What the players are doing wrong is that everyone takes the same path resulting in one huge cluster. People are noobs so they tend to follow a lot. Give it time and people will start using their heads and divide, hopefully.

There is also a serious mic spam problem whenever admins are offline. I suggest a system where only approved members can use voice chat.

R3TROATTACK
17 Aug 2014, 05:47pm
There is also a serious mic spam problem whenever admins are offline. I suggest a system where only approved members can use voice chat.

No because if there is mic spam you can always call an admin :)

Turtlefiish
17 Aug 2014, 05:50pm

Probably not a good idea, it'll cause more problems than it'll solve. Mainly that people will hate it and leave.

BlackEagle
17 Aug 2014, 09:40pm
I don't know I still think we need to teleport on certain maps and I hear a lot of players complaining about it as well. I played several maps today and I didn't see humans win once or even come close to winning. Mainly because they were overtaken at the beginning of the map. Right now I rarely see humans winning so I don't know how this would make it human sided at all. It isn't as easy as just shooting the zombie away because when the zombie spawns in the pack of 50 people on chicken lords it's basically over.

Even on train escape there are two paths but with multiple zombie spawns both sides basically get destroyed. In fact it actually worked better when we had everyone go down one path then when the zombie spawned we switched sides but it was very difficult to get everyone on the same page. Even then we never came close to winning.

The server population is great right now but I hear a lot of complaints about zombie spawns. I would say zombies win about 95% of the time right now. It shouldn't be easy to win but it also shouldn't be near impossible.

Vy
17 Aug 2014, 10:52pm
There is also a serious mic spam problem whenever admins are offline. I suggest a system where only approved members can use voice chat.You can always mute the player yourself and then call a badmin to ban the noob. Unless it's me. Pls call no admin den.

In regards to spawn. How about cutting the spawn time in half and having teleports enabled that way? Therefor anyone that sticks around in spawn dies while people that run for it don't get killed. Honestly, asides from this you would need to increase how many zombies spawn, because it's really impossible for 3 zombies to win against anything more than 20 humans. (They can be held back by 5 players in Chikuk lordz and Jurasicpark)

Turtlefiish
18 Aug 2014, 06:09am
I don't know I still think we need to teleport on certain maps and I hear a lot of players complaining about it as well. I played several maps today and I didn't see humans win once or even come close to winning. Mainly because they were overtaken at the beginning of the map. Right now I rarely see humans winning so I don't know how this would make it human sided at all. It isn't as easy as just shooting the zombie away because when the zombie spawns in the pack of 50 people on chicken lords it's basically over.

Even on train escape there are two paths but with multiple zombie spawns both sides basically get destroyed. In fact it actually worked better when we had everyone go down one path then when the zombie spawned we switched sides but it was very difficult to get everyone on the same page. Even then we never came close to winning.

The server population is great right now but I hear a lot of complaints about zombie spawns. I would say zombies win about 95% of the time right now. It shouldn't be easy to win but it also shouldn't be near impossible.

Are we on multiple zombie spawns on single? If we're on multiple, on those maps it obviously needs to be reduced to a single zombie spawn. Multiple does fuck with going down different paths.

Spyder
18 Aug 2014, 12:44pm

Try calling in an admin or record a demo, get SteamID's and make a complaint. Even though potatoes should be having birthday sex with bitches in Orlando, the complaints get handled rather quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agent_Wesker
18 Aug 2014, 05:25pm
Try calling in an admin or record a demo, get SteamID's and make a complaint. Even though potatoes should be having birthday sex with bitches in Orlando, the complaints get handled rather quickly.

Recording demo's is tedious work.

I already have a few SG admins on my friends list but they are usually offline when it happens.

If anyone here wants to add me that would be great :)

Pan32
18 Aug 2014, 07:44pm
Just so everyone knows, I am noting up all suggestions, but since I've been on vacation and just got back, I need to check everything and all suggestions and see which ones are interesting, and which ones aren't.

Vy
21 Aug 2014, 10:25am
Can you [Pan] push the restart of the server one or two hours in front? There is still quite a few players playing when it restarts and very few return after the restart...

WickedZealot
21 Aug 2014, 01:41pm
Can you [Pan] push the restart of the server one or two hours in front? There is still quite a few players playing when it restarts and very few return after the restart...

I have notice this an few times as well, while trying to figure out why it's happening might take time or fix, the best thing we can do is to make sure if it happens someone can restart the server. I do not need to remind ye what happened in CSS an few years ago when ZE became unstable that we lost alot of players, which was the start of the downhill fall of ZE.

Above all other suggestions, making sure users can connect & remains up with issues is first.

Note: the problem is an session connection issue for some reason, it might be CSGO itself of an deeper fault & not ZE but as far as I know it happened 2 weeks ago the first cause of it & 3 times since then.

sebak
21 Aug 2014, 05:27pm

i dont want to go through 6 pages to see if this was discussed. But so far atm the molotv/incendary is 100% useless. It doesnt slow zombies down or set them on fire. It just does like 50 damage if you run through it. I dont know if its the mod itself that has to fix this or you guys can edit it out. I would really like the option of having a frag grenade to push a zombie back or a incendiary to slow them down. But if not possible may as well remove/disable that buy option.

Cant buy frags from zmarket, not sure if its just me. But menu closes when i click more/other (may just be my weak wifi, can anyone confirm)

SplittingSkulls
21 Aug 2014, 06:15pm

i dont want to go through 6 pages to see if this was discussed. But so far atm the molotv/incendary is 100% useless. It doesnt slow zombies down or set them on fire. It just does like 50 damage if you run through it. I dont know if its the mod itself that has to fix this or you guys can edit it out. I would really like the option of having a frag grenade to push a zombie back or a incendiary to slow them down. But if not possible may as well remove/disable that buy option.

Cant buy frags from zmarket, not sure if its just me. But menu closes when i click more/other (may just be my weak wifi, can anyone confirm)

I have this saved on my config and it seems about 50% of the time it will purchase it so that's anoying lol

I think we should make frag grenades a Supporter perk because fail nades suck soooooo much and it might be cool enough to make people want to support, shit maybe make all grenades supporters only :thumb:

Liam Brown
21 Aug 2014, 07:43pm
Knockback should be increased imo.

Vy
21 Aug 2014, 11:31pm
I have this saved on my config and it seems about 50% of the time it will purchase it so that's anoying lol

I think we should make frag grenades a Supporter perk because fail nades suck soooooo much and it might be cool enough to make people want to support, shit maybe make all grenades supporters only :thumb:It usually only purchases the grenade if you were a human in the previous round.

Frags only supporter? Really? Why? There's a lot of people that didn't support that are very good with them and it would be unfair to take it away from them completely. If anything it should be sg mem perk so people go register on the forums.

Knockback should be increased imo.pls no. I can already send the zombie flying to the back with an op to the face. Negev and shotguns also get insane knockback.

Agent_Wesker
22 Aug 2014, 03:52pm
It usually only purchases the grenade if you were a human in the previous round.

Frags only supporter? Really? Why? There's a lot of people that didn't support that are very good with them and it would be unfair to take it away from them completely. If anything it should be sg mem perk so people go register on the forums.

pls no. I can already send the zombie flying to the back with an op to the face. Negev and shotguns also get insane knockback.

Negev knockback is very OP. As long as the zombies stand in close proximity I can hold off an entire pack alone.

LeeRoy
22 Aug 2014, 04:53pm
Ban The AWP as the Knockback and flying Zombies are Unreal (have video from helms_deep) will upload it tomorrow

also i was AWP'ed out the Map which i will upload aswell.

Knockback in all needs fixed

SplittingSkulls
22 Aug 2014, 05:42pm
If anything it should be sg mem perk so people go register on the forums.

That's a good idea aswell

Vy
23 Aug 2014, 03:51am
Ban The AWP as the Knockback and flying Zombies are Unreal (have video from helms_deep) will upload it tomorrow

also i was AWP'ed out the Map which i will upload aswell.

Knockback in all needs fixedAWP should be banned on some maps, not all though.

Turtlefiish
23 Aug 2014, 08:05am
It usually only purchases the grenade if you were a human in the previous round.

pls no. I can already send the zombie flying to the back with an op to the face. Negev and shotguns also get insane knockback.

Putting up barriers in general is a bad idea. It's currently our fault that the grenades aren't fully tweaked, additionally grenades are entertaining and less of them is rather boring.

Spyder
23 Aug 2014, 10:15am
Putting up barriers in general is a bad idea. It's currently our fault that the grenades aren't fully tweaked, additionally grenades are entertaining and less of them is rather boring.

^^

I don't think the Awp should be totally removed on some maps, but the knock back on it should definitely be fixed. And the "flying zombies" could either be a glitch or skill, as I really don't know what you mean.

I also think smokes should be enabled, but stats should definitely be fixed. Look into how long the area is smoked for and maybe change that? It'll be cool if maybe we get a store plugin working and we can have different color smokes like CSS.

And also an NVG plugin? Some of the maps are really fuckin dark and I can't see shit even with the flashlight. :/ Brightness all the way up, I usually try my best to follow the pack but no alas.

SplittingSkulls
23 Aug 2014, 02:19pm
Can we get them bad ass freeze grenades?

Turtlefiish
23 Aug 2014, 02:43pm
Can we get them bad ass freeze grenades?

That'll just piss people off XD People despise being slowed by grenades as it is.

Agent_Wesker
23 Aug 2014, 03:43pm
That'll just piss people off XD People despise being slowed by grenades as it is.

I still think Molotov should ignite zombies...

But it would be awesome if flash / decoy grenades froze zombies solid for 2-3 seconds for a quick get-away.

Extreme Potatoes
23 Aug 2014, 03:48pm
I still think Molotov should ignite zombies...

But it would be awesome if flash / decoy grenades froze zombies solid for 2-3 seconds for a quick get-away.

When I hear of things like these, I immediately think about Zombie Riot. To be honest, I don't think we should mess with the grenades at all on Zombie Escape. The only change I'd be ok with, is what Wesker said, igniting zombies with a molotov. I would avoid freeze nades, because they seem that they would be a bit OP.

LeeRoy
23 Aug 2014, 04:05pm
Freeze Smoke for me is a really bad idea, its OP aswell if team work is perfect with them.

Silas
23 Aug 2014, 07:11pm
Reduce the AWP / Shotty power and the knockback needs editing in two different ways, for one the knockback on the zombies is a bit suspect, they slide around allover the place at a fast pace, and for two the failgrenades need tweaking, I don't want to be seeing zombies slide into us as if they are on ice, if you want to use the failgrenades properly get the zombies to fly as in the old times.

keep the knife/fail grenades as its part of the old Source server.

Vy
24 Aug 2014, 03:01am
Reduce the AWP / Shotty powerWhy? It's not that bad what so ever. The only reason people hate it is because they get shot up a ramp and fly away. That happens with a deagle too, and will happen with an awp regardless of slight changes.

and the knockback needs editing in two different ways, for one the knockback on the zombies is a bit suspect, they slide around allover the place at a fast pace,I don't understand what you mean, sorry.

and for two the failgrenades need tweaking, I don't want to be seeing zombies slide into us as if they are on ice, if you want to use the failgrenades properly get the zombies to fly as in the old times.They do fly. They might go up a ramp and "slide" towards you, but that isn't really fixable and has been around for a long time.

Freeze Smoke for me is a really bad idea, its OP aswell if team work is perfect with them.It's really OP. Like the molotov was once it was tweaked. Imagine that being thrown at a hold point. Even if it freezes for 5 seconds, it'd pretty much mean the zombies can't jump on any obstacles. That way, if you have, say, 5 players with molotovs and smoke granades, you don't need to fire a single shot to hold most hold points.

I don't think the Awp should be totally removed on some maps,The main issue with using an awp on maps like helms deep is that it's completely useless. All it does it send the zombies flying because the ground isn't flat, so there's a lot of "mini-ramps" that, if shot at, make you fly.

but the knock back on it should definitely be fixed. And the "flying zombies" could either be a glitch or skill, as I really don't know what you mean.Try headshotting a zombie on flat ground with an AWP. It will be completely fine. Honestly, it's not even that good & you only have 10 shots to do it before you have to reload. Again, knockback isn't broken, it's because of the small "mimiramps" that make you flying.

I also think smokes should be enabled, but stats should definitely be fixed. Look into how long the area is smoked for and maybe change that? It'll be cool if maybe we get a store plugin working and we can have different color smokes like CSS.It would be cool for a day or two, but it would get annoying very soon. Imagine someone smoking a hold point. No one will be able to see there and the zombies could easily slip through.

And also an NVG plugin? Some of the maps are really fuckin dark and I can't see shit even with the flashlight. :/ Brightness all the way up, I usually try my best to follow the pack but no alas.Yeah, the biggest problem is mines of moria. It's impossible to navigate without having a flashlight on. And even then it's not that easy.

-

Honestly, I think we should keep everything as it right now. Except spawn times for some maps, which still need a tweak. (Though I need to check each map individually to say which ones need a change). And ofc remove molotov knockback and make it slow you down. Because currently you can trow a molotov and it won't let the zombies pass the hold point.

LeeRoy
24 Aug 2014, 06:36am
if it will still happen with slight changes remove it all together xD