PDA

View Full Version : Israeli / Palestinian Conflict

Unnamed Newbie
27 Jul 2014, 09:12pm
So I've been thinking about it more and more due to many reasons, but I'd like to hear other opinions to the entire Israeli / Palestinian conflict that seems to have re-ignited. I mean I know its been right before Gurion was put in office in '48 with the first Arab-Israeli war. However with social media and whatnot, I feel like especially our generation has been given an interesting viewpoint at the entire, seemingly self-destructive ordeal.

Anyways, I'd love to hear other viewpoints about the entire thing. I remember seeing this graph awhile back too and wonder (especially the non-Americans in the community) how other people perceive Israel:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Israel-2013.jpg

Now, another thing I'd like to look at is the accuracy to the data of the positivity of the USA's viewpoint. From what I've seen in the recent engagements, there seems to be an underlying bias and almost censorship:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/23/rula-jebreal-msnbc-palestine_n_5614177.html
Living in other countries during other engagements however has also shown a more sympathetic edge to the Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank.

One of the hardest parts for me as well is the fact that I have handfuls of Israeli friends (almost all of which will be or have already joined the military for mandatory duty) and then a handful of Muslim (not necessarily Palestinian, but the stigma of Antisemitism runs deep in all surrounding Arab nations). Hell, I go on twitter and I'll see back to back tweets, one praising Israel's Defense Ministry and the next advocating a Hamas attack and damning Jews.Needless to say, I'm torn. I see all these Israeli friends fight for a cause their grand-father's fought for. When you trace it back to the roots, the U.N. agreement in 1948 seems to have been a non-factor to Israel though, which makes me believe that Israel is in the wrong. Once the smoke clears, both sides are at fault it seems.

I seriously don't know what I think because my mind is conflicted. On one side, the United States is backing what seems to be a fairly legitimate power and on the other, the entire world is supporting the justice that should've happened 66 years ago. Shit's escalated so much however that now it seems no compromise is in place.
Just my thoughts on recent events and I'd be interested on hearing yours.

tl;dr
I am curious to know what your personal opinions about the Israeli / Palestinian Conflict are. How does this vary on the country you live on + do you have any personal relations to the conflict. Compromising ideas?

ScubaToaster
27 Jul 2014, 11:00pm
fuck the poor, feed them to the hungry

Banana Joe
28 Jul 2014, 07:23am
The few muslim friends I have on facebook fills my feed with endless talk about how evil the jews are etc etc, but I honestly think they're all dumb. Both sides are being complete retards, fighting a fucking 2000 old war to this day.

wankers all of 'em

Dirk
28 Jul 2014, 09:27am
Ill be over here supporting the side that doesnt attack civilian population centers unprovoked. The middle east is seriously screwed up.

Harpr33t
28 Jul 2014, 09:36am
The reason that America or "Americans" support Israel is because of their faith. They believe that the state of Israel by Jews is the stepping stone to the second coming of Christ.

Psyche
28 Jul 2014, 11:42am
both sides are dumb. you hear on the news one side bombs a hospital, and then the next day you hear the other side shot civilians.

Bdcoll
28 Jul 2014, 02:12pm
Tbh the Poll is rather awkward tbh.

I support both Israel AND Palestine, however I DON'T support Hamas, and its Hamas who have caused this latest series of violence.

Wawa
28 Jul 2014, 02:22pm
I support both Israel AND Palestine, however I DON'T support Hamas, and its Hamas who have caused this latest series of violence.

^ This.

Fuck Hamas.

high rws
28 Jul 2014, 09:41pm
the israeli military's acts against palestinian civilians only be described as tyrannical

Bdcoll
29 Jul 2014, 02:51am
Given that Hamas is hiding itself amongst civilians, wearing civilians clothing, and launching missiles from civilian areas, how do you propose Israel combats them better than they already are?

Fizzle
30 Jul 2014, 10:05am
The Palestinian's land was taken away, forcing them to live in refugee camps with almost little to no resources. Israel is illegally occupying Palestine, seizing the government and kneeing them down to meet their demands; for decades the Palestinians were coping with the Israeli occupation and daily humiliation with no rights no freedom and no future to look forward to. And now as a result of their rebellion against the occupation; they get pounded back to the stone age. In this latest war, Israel have so far murdered over 2000 mostly civilians, woman and children, they are blood thirsty killers, and the masters in lying and manipulators of the truth.

Bdcoll
30 Jul 2014, 01:11pm
Well I mean sure, if you want to take a highly biased attitude to the problem, then I suppose we can't stop you..

Harpr33t
30 Jul 2014, 01:22pm
Well I mean sure, if you want to take a highly biased attitude to the problem, then I suppose we can't stop you..

Not an Israel hater but what claim do the Jews of Europe have over land in the middle east?

Fizzle
30 Jul 2014, 02:22pm

What is biased about facts and reality? Schools, Hospitals, Palestinian homes, and even whole towns are razed and leveled to the ground, counting over 2000 Palestinian locals dead over 6000 injured to what? 2 Israeli Civilians? The blood thirsty mass murderers; Israelis, sends air-strike bombing campaigns and indiscriminate shelling against Palestinian civilians for fighting for their freedom, their land, their basic human rights.

Not an Israel hater but what claim do the Jews of Europe have over land in the middle east?

Not all people in the Jewish faith partake in the onslaught, the only people who enjoys such an epidemic are Zionist Israelis.

Darnias
30 Jul 2014, 04:21pm
Good to be atheist. http://files-cloud.enjin.com/431834/smiley/44686_kappa.png

Harpr33t
1 Aug 2014, 01:38am
Never mind I figured it out.

http://i.imgur.com/JQduk62.jpg

harro
1 Aug 2014, 05:30pm
Given that Hamas is hiding itself amongst civilians, wearing civilians clothing, and launching missiles from civilian areas, how do you propose Israel combats them better than they already are?

Yeah dude, let's just completely bombard a country to try to kill one person. Sounds logical.

How many Israelis have died to Palestinian rocket attacks in a 5 year period again?

struki
4 Aug 2014, 10:59am
What,Israel is doing the right thing.

If Israel really wanted to exterminate them they would just build a wall around Gaza and bomb the shit out if it.

Revolution18
4 Aug 2014, 10:42pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngFYOLOkmaI

Can't make it a video to view on here
I am gonna leave this here ,and when you disagree with it remember I will make fun of you and be very WUDE!!!

Wawa
4 Aug 2014, 11:35pm
That video pretty much sums up my feelings.

Wawa
4 Aug 2014, 11:38pm

Not a United States hater but what claim do the Christians of Europe have over land in North America?

Harpr33t
5 Aug 2014, 12:18am
Not a United States hater but what claim do the Christians of Europe have over land in North America?

They didn't. They simply committed genocide against the natives.

To allow Israel to wall in the natives of the land just because the torah says the land was once Jewish is wrong. This isn't even a war it is a slaughter.
But then again in the eyes of many WASP(white anglo-saxon protestants), Jews are God's chosen people. I'm tired of the U.S. shelling out 7.5 billion dollars to Israel every year when that money is needed more here in the United States. If we want to live in a Social Darwinism society like many republicans and libertarians advocate then lets stop aiding Israel and let nature take its course. Israel has nuclear weapons and a large standing army.

Harpr33t
5 Aug 2014, 12:29am
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4830948/BBC_Israel_polls_2012-2013-2014.png

Posting more recent data for the thread

Nasdaqian
24 Aug 2014, 11:57am
I would typically support Israel but with this I would temporarily support Palestine, I don't think they have the right to do what they're doing despite the past

Shadowex3
12 Sep 2014, 02:52am
Just some links for people to read: http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/183033/israel-insider-guide, http://www.imninalu.net/myths-pals.htm