PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Beta

Spyder
21 Jul 2014, 03:21am
Has anyone on Playstation played this yet? :D I'm waiting for the Xbox One version to come out. I've had Destiny preordered since it was available. Finally a Bungie game after quite a few years!! Might even upgrade to the Ghost Edition!

But what are your guys' opinions on the Beta so far? :) So excited for this and GTAV on next gen and PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patsfan365
21 Jul 2014, 04:50am
I like it. I've been playing the shit out of it on ps4 and I can't wait for the full game to come out. I just think it's a jack of all trades, and a master of none. It takes stuff from borderlands, halo, and mmo's, and it's all great, but it doesn't really stand out as any one particular thing. Like I wouldn't see it attracting any fans from those games/genres. If someone wanted to play borderlands, they'd play borderlands instead of this. If someone wanted to play an MMO, they'd play an MMO instead. If someone wanted to play Halo, they'd play halo instead. Of course, if someone can't decide, or wants something different, then the game itself is fantastic.

Sulliman
22 Jul 2014, 10:58am
So far it is a fantastic game, while you can only go to level 8 it gives you some basics and shows you what you can get to in the full game, subclass included. The online is nearly lag-less, though loading times are a bit long depending on what youre trying to enter.
The guns feel great, they're all responsive, though there's only about three primary weapon classes at the time. I'm not sure if they'll input more, hopefully i suppose.
The only real problem is the character customization, and the fact that it's honestly pretty shallow. You select from >10 or so heads, hairstyles and facepaint. There are 3 different races to choose from but even with that the character builder is pretty basic.
The storyline isn't too hard to follow either, the voice acting is great and subtitles stay their welcome and dont take up too much screen, however the audio on the voices themselves can be a bit low or get drowned out by music.
All in all, it's fucking fun. Even with a glitch here or there, the game is responsive and fast, and never feels too difficult for whatever level you are. (hopefully the full game's difficulty curve will be good.) The beta alone has certainly made me want to buy the full game, so I'd say mision accomplished Bungie.

Spyder
24 Jul 2014, 02:46am
This game is fucking awesome. Maxed out all 3 classes in the beta. Definitely getting the Limited Edition. (Sadly the ghost edition is sold out worldwide.)

One cool thing, I've found 2 Hive who are invincible. It may be an Easter egg or something I don't know, but it didn't even have a level. It showed up as "[??] Hallowed Ogre." If you try to hurt it, you do no damage and he shoots a purple beam at you that insta kills you. But if you have another player lure them away and you go inside the little cave, there's a dead Ghost and some loot boxes.

Here's a pic of the ogre.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/gu8ahaze.jpg

patsfan365
24 Jul 2014, 03:23am
Those boss's are strewn about the free roam map. In that specific crevice, if it's not an ogre, it's one hallowed knight. In other spots, it's usually a gaggle of hallowed knights. In all those boss sections (boss is kind of a misleading name since they're all unkillable), there's usually a dead ghost and a loot crate. there's also 5 golden chests throughout the world that you can find and collect, and opening the 5th one will give you a new sparrow

Elemental
24 Jul 2014, 03:23am
Unfortunately I'll have to wait for it to come out on PC, only have a 360, and no xbox live or anything

patsfan365
24 Jul 2014, 03:42am
Unfortunately I'll have to wait for it to come out on PC, only have a 360, and no xbox live or anything

"for it to come out on PC" HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Spyder
24 Jul 2014, 03:43am
Those boss's are strewn about the free roam map. In that specific crevice, if it's not an ogre, it's one hallowed knight. In other spots, it's usually a gaggle of hallowed knights. In all those boss sections (boss is kind of a misleading name since they're all unkillable), there's usually a dead ghost and a loot crate. there's also 5 golden chests throughout the world that you can find and collect, and opening the 5th one will give you a new sparrow

Yeah, I saw the knight and I threw a knife at him and he fucked me up.

and lol elemental i don't think it's gonna come out for PC because.. well because it's Bungie.

Elemental
24 Jul 2014, 03:57am
I'm sure they'll mrelease it for PC eventually

patsfan365
24 Jul 2014, 11:16am
I'm sure they'll mrelease it for PC eventually

Yeah, you'd hope

Unnamed Newbie
24 Jul 2014, 11:23am
This game is fucking awesome. Maxed out all 3 classes in the beta. Definitely getting the Limited Edition. (Sadly the ghost edition is sold out worldwide.)

If you really want the Ghost Edition, there is one trick. About 90% of the time with games (all games I've ever wanted except GTAV), they will be sold out, but one or two days after release there is usually 1-200 extra copies of an edition available. That is of course if you don't mind waiting one or two extra days and/or already ordered the Limited Edition.
Worked for me when Bioshock Infinite came out. Two days after release, it went up again on Amazon. But I ended up checking and a local Best Buy had one in stock. Because some people pre-order and never pick up, you can always be sure that there will be an extra copy.

Psyche
24 Jul 2014, 11:52am
its like borderlands without shitty graphics, brain dead memes, and horrible UI.

i like it

Spyder
24 Jul 2014, 07:58pm
If you really want the Ghost Edition, there is one trick. About 90% of the time with games (all games I've ever wanted except GTAV), they will be sold out, but one or two days after release there is usually 1-200 extra copies of an edition available. That is of course if you don't mind waiting one or two extra days and/or already ordered the Limited Edition.
Worked for me when Bioshock Infinite came out. Two days after release, it went up again on Amazon. But I ended up checking and a local Best Buy had one in stock. Because some people pre-order and never pick up, you can always be sure that there will be an extra copy.

Yeah, it happened to me quite a few times, Halo 3 Legendary Edition, AC2, MW3, etc. I know the managers at my local GameStops so they always hold them for me whenever they get extras but they're completely sold out and wont know if they have extras until launch.

lol psyche

patsfan365
24 Jul 2014, 08:05pm
its like borderlands without shitty graphics, brain dead memes, and horrible UI.

i like it

Calling cel-shaded graphics "shitty" is like calling the vocals in an opera "incomprehensible".

Psyche
24 Jul 2014, 09:53pm
Calling cel-shaded graphics "shitty" is like calling the vocals in an opera "incomprehensible".

no, i am fine with cel-shading in general, its just that borderlands 2 had shit graphics

patsfan365
24 Jul 2014, 10:02pm
no, i am fine with cel-shading in general, its just that borderlands 2 had shit graphics

I don't think you got the gist of my analogy. Games that use cel-shading as their art style aren't supposed to have "good" graphics.

Psyche
24 Jul 2014, 10:34pm
I don't think you got the gist of my analogy. Games that use cel-shading as their art style aren't supposed to have "good" graphics.

Well since it doesn't look like crysis it has bad graphics. Or that all the character look like horrific paper-mache figures, and the environments in general are bland and uninteresting. I shouldn't have said ' bad graphics' when I should I have just said 'bad character and world design.' And don't even tell me "oh but that's the art-style," because a shitty art-style doesn't make a shitty game instantly make some go "oh I get it, the creators made everyone look horrible on purpose."

patsfan365
24 Jul 2014, 10:36pm
Well since it doesn't look like crysis it has bad graphics. Or that all the character look like horrific paper-mache figures, and the environments in general are bland and uninteresting. I shouldn't have said ' bad graphics' when I should I have just said 'bad character and world design.' And don't even tell me "oh but that's the art-style," because a shitty art-style doesn't make a shitty game instantly make some go "oh I get it, the creators made everyone look horrible on purpose."

Didn't you just say you had no problem with cel-shading, and now you have every problem with cel-shading?