PDA

View Full Version : Information from the Staff

SilentGuns
4 Jul 2014, 10:13am
This is basically where the staff can post things related to the server.

http://status.minecraftservers.org/classic/177965.png

__________________________________________________ ___

At the moment I am out of town doing work for my family, which means I have not yet installed certain plugins which means I can not yet advertise the server on the many minecraft sites just yet. I will be back on sunday (July 6)( probably ).

When I get back I will also continue building the spawn town. Of course I hope you guys continue to be active or else I will just lose motivation.

Oh and If you guys build some very nice things and want them saved as schematics then I will do it under one condition : I get to upload them to the SteamGamers Planet Mincraft page ( you will be credited and will get the save from there). If your build gets us a lot of attention then I might even give you further rewards ( super secret )

SilentGuns
7 Jul 2014, 05:26am
I have installed a new anti-grief plugin which means that I can soon advertise the server without the fear of trolls coming to grief their own factions.

SilentGuns
15 Jul 2014, 04:55am
1. Players can now leave spawn without picking a faction. Just take the door on the right and walk until you reach the outside of the gatehouse. In a world such as this, being alone has significant disadvantages and I urge everyone to eventually pick a faction.

2. I have set up a Dragon Travel network between the islands. In spawn, take the door on the right and keep going until you see the dragon travel station. All you need to do is pick a location/island provided on the signs.

3. I added an automated message system and set it to broadcast a new message every 90 seconds. If you think it is too fast and annoying then let me know and I will possibly increase it.

4. I pimped the MOTD a bit and added an icon. I think this will make us look slightly better.

SilentGuns
17 Jul 2014, 04:05am
1. I added factions chat tags: http://i.imgur.com/kCATesj.png.
This should help avoid some confusion and make things less difficult. The name does end up being a bit long with both factions and rank tags but I will figure something out eventually. I might shorten the rank tags : [Member] -> [M] or [Mem] , if it is possible.

2.For those asking about faction only chat : that feature was removed from the factions plugin but I found another plugin which should help fix that.

3. I am also looking into creating more PvE action by adding some cool plugins

Some useless plugins will also be disabled/remove in order to keep the server from wasting resources on things we don't need.

Edit: Since I am currently busy IRL, things will not move as fast and I am sorry about that. If you have plugins and detailed plans which demand minimal effort on our part then please PM me.

SilentGuns
21 Jul 2014, 10:01am
1.There is now a faction/truce/ally only chat. To cycle between chat modes, type /fc

2. I am also looking into installing the citizens plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/citizens/
I can install traits to NPCs, such as building skills: http://wiki.citizensnpcs.co/Builder

How do I plan to use all of that? I will tell you only if I get it to work.

SilentGuns
22 Jul 2014, 09:33am
I got some of the NPC traits working. For example the builder who is a clone of myself and who will do all the building while I take all of the credit.

I also got the sentry to work: I can gift some to factions to make raiding a more of a challenge, I can add them to dungeons or any location and have them attack players who come near ( they would be guarding some nice loot) , I can have them fight for your entertainment and much more. Their stats can also be edited.

Some other characters need additional plugins to function, be patient! Once I have installed it all, I will start placing these NPC in the world, I already have ideas on how to use them. It just takes time because I don't have as much time as I used to :( . Will have time after the 25th.

SilentGuns
4 Sep 2014, 02:35pm
A bunch of plugins were added, a few removed, some more added and then we got a survival/creative server:

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57999

Edit: also did a new version of pvp a few weeks ago but that was scrapped

SilentGuns
5 Sep 2014, 11:39am
Created an actualy rank for $50 (Super Donor) and $125 (Noble) contributors. If you don't have the correct rank yet, please post here: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58000

All donations are counted as of the start of the new MC. As for old donators, the value of your converted rank counts towards your donations. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57026

SilentGuns
19 Sep 2014, 12:11pm
1. New spawn
2. Added a progression bar for each skill for McMMO
3. New enchantments:
Bone Breaker - Slows target for 3 seconds
Ice - Slows and poisons target for 3 sec
Speed - Increases arrow speed by x2
Speed Boots - Faster Movement
[^Removed due not working and probably being behind the server crashes.]
There were more but they were too OP.

4. Added a plugin which runs a command assigned to a hologram when it is touched. You check this out in spawn. Did I also mention that we replaced signs with holograms?
5. Added backpacks but they seem to be having some issues, will post more info when it is fixed.
6. Will be adding many more plugins, including some certain arena type minigames. Progress is slow because I have to keep an eye on server resource usage and buggy plugins.

There will also be a minecraft event next weekend, more info in a few days.

A big thank you to our current active players, you guys motivate me to keep going.

SilentGuns
20 Oct 2014, 09:40am
Need something to carry all those ores? I have good news for you: I have added backpacks.

Here is the plugin config with the recipes (because I am a bit lazy)

Backpack9:
Enable: true
Material: MONSTER_EGG
Durability: 50
Recipe:
- LEATHER,LEATHER,LEATHER
- LEATHER,CHEST,LEATHER
- LEATHER,LEATHER,LEATHER
Backpack18:
Durability: 51
Recipe:
- IRON_INGOT,IRON_INGOT,IRON_INGOT
- LEATHER,CHEST,LEATHER
- IRON_INGOT,IRON_INGOT,IRON_INGOT
Backpack27:
Durability: 52
Recipe:
- GOLD_INGOT,GOLD_INGOT,GOLD_INGOT
- LEATHER,CHEST,LEATHER
- GOLD_INGOT,GOLD_INGOT,GOLD_INGOT
Backpack36:
Durability: 53
Recipe:
- IRON_BLOCK,IRON_BLOCK,IRON_BLOCK
- LEATHER,CHEST,LEATHER
- IRON_BLOCK,IRON_BLOCK,IRON_BLOCK
Backpack45:
Durability: 54
Recipe:
- GOLD_BLOCK,GOLD_BLOCK,GOLD_BLOCK
- LEATHER,CHEST,LEATHER
- GOLD_BLOCK,GOLD_BLOCK,GOLD_BLOCK
Backpack54:
Durability: 55
Recipe:
- DIAMOND,DIAMOND,DIAMOND
- LEATHER,CHEST,LEATHER
- DIAMOND,DIAMOND,DIAMON

Oh and I am still trying to figure out how to even make the dungeon work. It feels kind of lame atm so I am not releasing it. I added some Skeletal Knights to Eldaria though: they have a 1% spawn chance, have quite a lot of hp and do 3 damage + burning damage with their bow and arrows.

SilentGuns
16 Nov 2014, 11:47am
McMMo survival reset (along with factions, McMMO stats and inventories) , new map added and exp gain lowered.
Anarchy build added - the portal to this world is found at the back of spawn, it is located past the hallway.

Minigames and vanilla survival will be coming soon.

SilentGuns
24 Nov 2014, 03:46am
I know minecraft has been down for days. It is because the server is not going to be paid for until the CA+ decide on what servers we will keep.

SilentGuns
26 Nov 2014, 12:55pm
I know minecraft has been down for days. It is because the server is not going to be paid for until the CA+ decide on what servers we will keep.

g8IVI0sZ6F8

Minecraft will keep going as long as we reach a goal of 44 dollars each month. Work on the server will resume as soon as I regain access.

SilentGuns
13 Dec 2014, 10:31am
I added a minigames world but due to several issues (plugins not working or just crashing the server), currently there are only 2 spleef arenas and a parkour course:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/parkour-map---christmas-calendar---minecraftpg5/

Every day, up to the 24th, a new course is opened. Let me know if you find some bugs and don't forget to read the instructions.

oh and we have 3 more days to get 44 dollars.