PDA

View Full Version : laptop problems can anyone help pls

GrimExistence
6 Jun 2008, 06:34am
does anyone know about laptop errors with css? im getting the blue screen of death and my css freezes and shows only a black screen every once in awhile this is a prob because raven is a nub :)

AndreiD
6 Jun 2008, 06:50am
Laptop overheating?

SpikedRocker
6 Jun 2008, 07:06am
Laptop overheating?

Could be, also maybe major problem with processor, memory. I don't run css on my laptop, I can load it up and see if I have any problems when I get home.

MasterkennyG
6 Jun 2008, 07:27am
alot of the times with labtops the memory of the computer cant hold it . ive had the same screen of death for css on my old labtop,, so i would ubninstall and reinstall to be shure

raven maniac
6 Jun 2008, 07:39am
Usually when you get a BSoD it's a memory problem. When companies, like Dell, sell laptops they give you the minimum amount possible forcing you to upgrade.

The other possibility is that it's overheating like the other said. when you use your desktop but something under it that will give it some room to breathe. I remember Jager told VirDeBello to put legos under his and it worked so try to put legos or any kind of thing that you could prop it up on all 4 corners.

Gumpy
6 Jun 2008, 07:55am
I play on my laptop and sometimes when I feel lazy I play CS:S in bed. I never have any problems with over-heating though. One time it almost set my bed on fire, but other then that...

GrimExistence
6 Jun 2008, 09:18am
ya since my proof of purchase almost caught fire i prop it up so the vents can breathe

Red
6 Jun 2008, 09:28am
Have you ever opened it up to dust it out?

Also I used to get random restarts on certain maps with the same laptop you have.

Apparently some graphics cards were defective. I was just too lazy to return it.

VirDeBello
6 Jun 2008, 09:39am
Yeah what I did was I got a laptop cooler and put legos under the laptop corners in the back so the keyboard tilts towards me, I also opened up my laptop and used the dust blower thingy and blew my laptop. After I blew my laptop its been a happy little thing. :001_wub:

It also depends on the specs of your laptop...mine are damn good so I knew it wasn't graphic or memory or processing problems.

Jager
6 Jun 2008, 09:42am
well grim dowload a program called memtest or prime 95, either or, run an extended loop against the memory and the processor separately and it will let you know pretty quick if components are gonig bad. I also recommend cleaning out the vents with compressed air, making sure you have defragmented your HDD recently, clean out your cache and other files if your low on physical space, and post some damn specs on the laptop, Without knowing what your setting in CSS are versus your laptop specs thats all i can give you.

Itch
6 Jun 2008, 10:03am
Might help us help you if you posted the Specs for you laptop. Alot of laptops use video cards that share system RAM instead of having Video RAM. There are tons of things that can cause the BSOD.. but like previously stated usually it is a memory issue. If you video card is using shared memory that would most likely be the culprit.. but very hard to say.

Paul
6 Jun 2008, 11:16am

Modgers1
6 Jun 2008, 11:40am
Hmmm...Grim can't play CS? Interesting...Why are we complaining?

:001_tt2:

Just kidding, buddy.

-Modgers

GrimExistence
6 Jun 2008, 12:12pm
hey get your own thread ass and its a precision m90 dell ill get the specs in a sec

Svendy
17 Jun 2008, 12:59pm
as ohter people have said, it could be due to processor overheating and poor ventilation.
my desktop froze in every program even minesweper, i reinstalled the computer and now it runs smooth (130gb aint much). so try deleting some of your files. it might bring down the loading on both your cpu and ram