PDA

View Full Version : TF2 Servers

BoM
15 Jun 2014, 10:19pm
So yes, basically should we get TF2 servers or not. I would be interested in starting one or several servers if I had enough support. They are relatively easy to set up and would give us access to a new group of people. Feel free to post what type of server you would like as well, might make a vote for that later.

Neptune
15 Jun 2014, 10:22pm
Payload or Prophunt please.

capp'n
15 Jun 2014, 10:22pm
saxton hale server amirite

things like idle servers and other stuff like payload and team deathmatch bring in the people

Vivian556
15 Jun 2014, 10:24pm
no

Leon
15 Jun 2014, 10:26pm
rigged voting

im taking this to the President

Crzycanadian
15 Jun 2014, 10:28pm
Switch to Yes plz only did it to make BoM work

BoM
15 Jun 2014, 10:29pm
no

Cunt

no cause vivian said so

Bandwaggon Cunt

Wertles
15 Jun 2014, 10:30pm
Payload or Prophunt please.
This

Yes we should

Extreme Potatoes
15 Jun 2014, 10:34pm
rigged voting

im taking this to the President

you won't

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if we had a TF2 server. To be honest, if it's got a bigger playerbase than CSS, Garry's Mod, and even CSGO, I think it would be a rather good idea to have one. I'm all for it!

Prez
15 Jun 2014, 10:36pm
absolutely yes

Leon
15 Jun 2014, 10:37pm
you won't

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if we had a TF2 server. To be honest, if it's got a bigger playerbase than CSS, Garry's Mod, and even CSGO, I think it would be a rather good idea to have one. I'm all for it!

locating you right now

ScubaToaster
15 Jun 2014, 10:39pm
bring me back to those sweet f2p days with zealot and evil pls

vader too

ExRev
15 Jun 2014, 11:29pm
vader too

Sadly he's gone. :(

On topic: I'd like to see a CTF server again. It's better than those other shitty modes.

Dirk
15 Jun 2014, 11:45pm
IDK, apparently I am one of the few people in the world who don't like TF2. *braces for hate*

Elemental
16 Jun 2014, 04:30am
Never really played TF2 except for surf, but never really saw the fun in it myself, but I'd be willing to give it a shot with SG

EvilShadow98
16 Jun 2014, 04:58am
24/7 ctf_2fort with instant respawn is the only right answer.

Squid
16 Jun 2014, 10:18am
Saxton hale mode is so shitty, just do a classic one please. CTF or Payload.

Psyche
16 Jun 2014, 11:24am

You truly are the worst kind of scum.

The reason our old tf2 server failed is because it was a shitty 24/7 balloon fight server that was completely one sided. If we had a real tf2 server it would probably do much better.

Fishey
16 Jun 2014, 11:30am
I LIKE THIS IDEA
i would play

EvilShadow98
16 Jun 2014, 12:05pm
You truly are the worst kind of scum.

The reason our old tf2 server failed is because it was a shitty 24/7 balloon fight server that was completely one sided. If we had a real tf2 server it would probably do much better.

There's the problem.

Sleggie
16 Jun 2014, 12:39pm
Trade server!

LOL jk, what a joke those are...

In all seriousness, we've already had a TF2 server. I did horrible. But as Psyche pointed out, the fact that it was balloon wars was the problem. A 24/7 instant respawn 2Fort server should do quite well in my opinion. Besides, what do we have to lose? I would totally play it.

By the way, its nice to see that these new AOs are launching a bunch of projects already. Keep up the good work!

Huwajux
16 Jun 2014, 01:52pm
A TF2 server would be pretty awesome. Deciding on what exactly it will be is the tricky part though, but since you said you'd be willing to work multiple servers if there was support I'll just throw out ideas.

24/7 2fort, Instant Respawn, No Random Crits, No Damage Spread

I personally loathe random crits and damage spread and think they are the worst aspects of TF2 by far. Despite this being an almost global hatred among the TF2 community it seems servers like that inevitably fail, so a compromise would be the plugin that holds a vote at the beginning of each map change/restart (I am unsure as to whether to can change this to a per-round basis).

I frequent a server with this plugin and 99% of the time random crits end up disabled. I'd claim it to be 100% because I haven't actually ever seen them win a vote, but I guess it must have happened at least once...

Payload Rotation, Stock Respawn Timer, No Random Crits, No Damage Spread

Payload in my opinion is probably the most fun game-mode to play semi-seriously (24/7 2fort servers do not exist for serious play by any stretch of the imagination). Having stock settings would make us eligible for the matchmaking system which could help with building a playerbase, but disabling random crits and damage spread is typically detrimental to that since newcomers don't normally fiddle with the filters (that or they aren't even aware of their existence), and so they end up just joining servers with those ass cancer settings enabled.

CP Rotation, Completely Stock Settings

If you want to play it incredibly safe just go for this shit. I'd recommend experimenting if there is no harm in it, but if that's not something you want to do for whatever reason then just go for this.

24/7 Hydro

Be the only server in existence to run this map and either have it become a complete success out of sheer novelty or have it turn out as a really bad and awkward joke that we'll pretend never happened.

Idle, Achievement, Trade

I don't really frequent these kinds of servers so I wouldn't know if having any of them would be a good idea, but if there are spare resources for whatever reason then I guess you could give these a shot? At the very least it will promote our community's name and might bring a few curious people into our other servers.

Oh and if something is successful then I'd recommend making an American/EU counterpart. Ain't no way in hell I'm playing on some laggyass Yank server.

TVL
16 Jun 2014, 02:23pm
yes

Zaraki
16 Jun 2014, 08:24pm
Tf2 surf server.. Believe me.. There are enough people playing on surf/deathmatch servers :p

Wawa
18 Jun 2014, 12:20am
Anything that can be more populated than the CS:S servers right now, which at this point could only mean a couple people.

floffypus
18 Jun 2014, 05:15am
24/7 Hydro[/B]
Be the only server in existence to run this map and either have it become a complete success out of sheer novelty or have it turn out as a really bad and awkward joke that we'll pretend never happened.

Had to watch a video on this but this seems like a great idea as long as we only get one server. Having more than one tend to spread us across both servers and leave both half empty.

Banana Joe
18 Jun 2014, 07:26am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tsuna
18 Jun 2014, 10:25am
Yess full of the support pls

Golden Shower
18 Jun 2014, 03:25pm
As a big tf2 fan, we should seriously look into a payload rotation server, with the works, you know, no crits, etc. etc. I always have fun on payload servers, we could also look into a dedicated mvm server or something too. Get them donor perks going and shit for both. I've seen a highly successful VSH server, it modded the shit out of the items. Giving them bonuses, like the HOUWAR gave like a massive health, speed, and other stuff, weapons doing more damage, at the cost of other things. Like I had a scout that had ridiculous health. It was so much fun though, and always full.

Black Rain
3 Jul 2014, 02:12pm
I would suggest a server with various game modes such as The Hidden, Mann vs Machine, Dodgeball, Super Zombie Fortress, Fortwars...etc.