PDA

View Full Version : Supporter and Donor perks

BoM
12 Jun 2014, 10:27pm
Give us money

No really.

A few people have already asked, so here is the basic supporter and donor perk break down. All of this is subject to change. I'm aware that some of you donated a lot to the previous server(s), and I have tried to provide some "thanks" for that. Unfortunately, people and servers change, and there are still monthly bills to pay both for the server and the community.

Perks are as follows:

$20 - Supporter - Yes if you already have supporter in SG you get it here. CONGRATS
- The ability to place lava and tnt
- Multiple homes
- A bonus from each vote
- Getting to set your own nickname
-The following player trails:
splash
slime
void
snowball

-Increased plot limit to 4 plots

$40 - Donor - [As in supporter + $20] You actually care! <3 so yeah, assuming we still have the old list this is essentially sup 4. All others [sup 1-3] will get the $20 supporter.
- Access to /back feature
- 6 homes
- Added to our donor wall in spawn
-Additional trails
magic
spark
portal
spell
code

-Increased plot limit to 6 plots

$50 - Super Donor
- custom name color
- access to /fly feature
- 8 homes
- Additional trails
angry
color
heart

-Increased plot limit to 8 plots
-A kit with diamond tools and a very useful sponge (/kits superdon)

$125 - Noble
- A colorful obfuscated tag or just a rainbow colored tag.
- A world of your own, with your own name and full access (must request, supply may be limited depending on server resources)
- You will be thanked in a special hologram at spawn.
- You will be included in server discussions with the staff
- Worldedit within the creative world [WIP]
- Increased plot limit to 15
- 20 homes
-Additional trails
Firework - you basically fart fireworks.
Mob- spawn mobs as a trail, they will de-spaws like a normal trail. Example on how to use: /trail mob bats

Long story short, SG is in an economic shithole, so donators of this magnitude will be rewarded generously.

As for those who can't use paypal, unfortunately there is nothing in place right now....but hopefully I can figure something else out in the future.

To give you an idea of where the money is going, there is a bill of $50 due by the 18th (currently I've been paying for the server out of pocket). Excess money will obviously go torwards general support of the community as well as possible future servers. (FTB?!?!?!?!)

HOW TO DONATE: Donate money, let us know in here(or send a PM): http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58000

All rewards are cumulative. There will also be more rewards in the future.

Elemental
13 Jun 2014, 02:57am
These amounts, count for total amount donated since that persons joindate, or donations starting now?

BoM
13 Jun 2014, 05:17am
These amounts, count for total amount donated since that persons joindate, or donations starting now?

beyond supporter, these are donations starting now made torwards MC.

Sleggie
13 Jun 2014, 07:23am
BoM, this looks like a genius idea. No really. Keep up the good work.

SideArmSavage
13 Jun 2014, 07:25am
Good job BoM!

Zaraki
13 Jun 2014, 04:14pm
I'll just pay the 20$ and claim the Worldedit + more plots :3

Ps: is there a way to make bedrock unbreakable in creative too?
I fell through the world :(

Edit: i'd donate 50$ if you guys consider making a Pixelmon/Pokécraft server with custom 'bases' like the plots now or just change the current survival to that, it will attract many people

BoA
13 Jun 2014, 04:27pm
$100+ Whatever the fuck you want, outside of banning or abusing someone extensively. I do believe I already put up the offer to ban neptune for a day if you were to donate this much (don't quote me).

don't tell me what to do.

Frosty
14 Jun 2014, 11:11am
Yo yo yo give me supporter rank I paid $5 to old mc server

SilentGuns
14 Jun 2014, 12:26pm
Yo yo yo give me supporter rank I paid $5 to old mc server

You will get SA like last time. Contact me or bom with your minecraft username.

BoM
14 Jun 2014, 02:11pm
You will get SA like last time. Contact me or bom with your minecraft username.

No he gets his own Gaylord rank. <3

Sniper
14 Jun 2014, 05:15pm
Can I get Donor? I was a sup4 on the old server.

EDIT: You know what? Cancel that. I'll donate the $20 when I can and get it that way.

BoM
14 Jun 2014, 07:33pm
Can I get Donor? I was a sup4 on the old server.

EDIT: You know what? Cancel that. I'll donate the $20 when I can and get it that way.

I mean you can get it already if you want, I know you were sup4 in the old server.

Sniper
14 Jun 2014, 07:38pm
I mean you can get it already if you want, I know you were sup4 in the old server.

I'm gonna donate anyways. I know money's tight and I wanna contribute.

Gator
14 Jun 2014, 09:25pm
I'm not sure if this will matter or not but...

That doesn't mean the end of donations, as Broes acknowledged that they're allowed by the Minecraft EULA. "But we'll most likely hack down on the fact that most people give 'perks' for donations—which under almost all laws makes it a purchase," he explained. "You cannot 'give' people ranks based on an outside payment. It's really simple, money you spend outside of the game cannot reflect inside the game at all."
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/06/mojang-hints-at-crackdown-on-pay-for-perk-minecraft-servers/

BoM
14 Jun 2014, 09:46pm
I'm not sure if this will matter or not but...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/06/mojang-hints-at-crackdown-on-pay-for-perk-minecraft-servers/

All this is shitty "what ifs" and requotes of a copied skype conversation from a mojang employee. Really not worried, also this one you posted is completely false. At most they will not allow you to restrict the normal game by making people pay to access that. Even if that was to happen, they're specifically targeting larger servers that having several thousand dollar donator packages you can purchase and highly doubt they'll even bother us, lmao.

We have a thread for this particular discussion, so lets take any conversations there instead of assuming that everything we read on the internet is true.

Fartingo
15 Jun 2014, 11:28am
Excess money will obviously go torwards making sure at least one fucking server stays up.

Fix'd.

Squid
17 Jun 2014, 10:02pm
If this went to FTB i would personally donate like 10$ a month to have a good server to play on, I know thats not enough to keep it afloat but.

Fartingo
13 Jul 2014, 09:50am
I've now plopped a total of $140 in this server alone. If it dies due to 'lack of funding' within the next several months I will not be very happy.

BoM
13 Jul 2014, 11:56am
I've now plopped a total of $140 in this server alone. If it dies due to 'lack of funding' within the next several months I will not be very happy.

Tbh we are paid through to end of August last time I checked , I.e. prior to any donations in the past week or two. Will discuss more later + upcoming changes.

Fartingo
20 Jul 2014, 10:39am
$100+ Whatever the fuck you want, outside of banning or abusing someone extensively. I do believe I already put up the offer to ban neptune for a day if you were to donate this much (don't quote me). Another example of this would be to spawn an ender dragon on your enemy. R I P

Long story short, SG is in an economic shithole, so donators of this magnitude will be rewarded generously.

Could I at least have more than 3 homes now?

BoM
20 Jul 2014, 01:44pm

Sure. Ask silent or I'll be home late tomorrow.

SilentGuns
21 Jul 2014, 04:50am

I changed some things, you should now have 9 homes. Let me know if it worked!

Also thanks for your donation <3

SilentGuns
23 Oct 2014, 09:38am
I was thinking of adding some statues of Nobles ($125) to spawn. If you would like to have a statue of yourself built then send me your skin.

I have an idea for a new spawn.