PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs- Opinions?

Instantnoodles
7 Jun 2014, 03:53am
So I just finished the main story for Watch Dogs. The game is really something. It was fun for the most part but extremely frustrating at times. I really wanted to like the game but whenever I played it I could only see the bad things like horrible AI, glitches, shitty reflections and the worst driving I've ever experienced in a game. Maybe the game will be better with a really big patch idk, but what is other peoples opinions on the game?

R3TROATTACK
7 Jun 2014, 09:43am
I really like the game besides a few missions that u don't have the option to stealth and a few bugs that I've seen.

Fuck the last mission

patsfan365
7 Jun 2014, 04:31pm
Some missions were really frustrating and the vehicle collision physics were ridiculous, but other than that it was great. the driving itself wasn't bad, though.

Eldest
7 Jun 2014, 04:46pm
Just wish you could shoot while driving, at least on the motorcycle.

patsfan365
7 Jun 2014, 04:48pm
Just wish you could shoot while driving, at least on the motorcycle.

Yeah that can be annoying too. Especially if you're objective is to take down someone who's in a car, but they're driving in like pawnee, or somewhere else in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere with hardly anything to hack. It's not too bad though.

mapper
7 Jun 2014, 04:53pm
I hated the driving aswell from the moment I started playing. Cool game nonetheless, it could use some addons.

Leon
7 Jun 2014, 05:22pm
I've only had one problem where I fell through the map but when I reloaded it was fine. I really like the game and the great music I found from it. The cars are annoying to drive so using the motorcycles makes it easier. The QR and ctos are really annoying since I've had to use the fucking rail system to jump off to reach em lol. I think I am on act 3 atm.

Spyder
7 Jun 2014, 07:52pm
I've only had one problem where I fell through the map but when I reloaded it was fine. I really like the game and the great music I found from it. The cars are annoying to drive so using the motorcycles makes it easier. The QR and ctos are really annoying since I've had to use the fucking rail system to jump off to reach em lol. I think I am on act 3 atm.

You can check your progression by going to the phone menu and clicking on progression.

I've experienced a few glitches, like getting stuck in various places, people flying down the street, etc. other than that, it's a pretty nice game. I especially love the Spider Tank digital trip.

Gun upgrading/car customization in this game pls

Frosty
8 Jun 2014, 09:15am
was a big disappointment

ShoieP
8 Jun 2014, 10:26am
Got 5 hours in and stopped. There wasn't really anything that made me want to go back and finish the game.

I think it's a fun, decent game. It just didn't live up to all the hype it received.

ExRev
10 Jun 2014, 10:15pm
I'm still only in Act 2, but I'm really enjoying the game. I just kind of go around and hack people's bank accounts and then cash in for big bucks.

Sure, it gets repetitive, but it's a sandbox game and there's only so much they can give me before they have to start repeating it on me.

Favorite thing I've seen so far in game was I was on a street hacking away, and 3 different times I had a crime come up nearby. Same crime each time. Different NPCs, but exact same crime.

Spyder
11 Jun 2014, 12:43am
I'm still only in Act 2, but I'm really enjoying the game. I just kind of go around and hack people's bank accounts and then cash in for big bucks.

Sure, it gets repetitive, but it's a sandbox game and there's only so much they can give me before they have to start repeating it on me.

Favorite thing I've seen so far in game was I was on a street hacking away, and 3 different times I had a crime come up nearby. Same crime each time. Different NPCs, but exact same crime.

Lol my favorite thing I've seen is the Privacy Invasions. If you haven't done them, go do them. Some of them are fucking hilarious. Especially the one in The Loop to the eastern side of the map, it'll be like the only icon inside the city, that's the best one to do.

Elemental
11 Jun 2014, 03:48am
Loving it so far, like said before, I had expected way better, but I'm still really enjoying myself

Anyone have any opinions on the online aspect? How does it work ?

patsfan365
11 Jun 2014, 03:54am
Loving it so far, like said before, I had expected way better, but I'm still really enjoying myself

Anyone have any opinions on the online aspect? How does it work ?

Like I said in the chat, the online is like the best part of the game (not to undercut the singleplayer). But there's just a certain thrill about going into someone else's game without them even suspecting a thing, and then starting to hack them, and watch them panic and frantically try to find you. It's like hide and seek, only the seeker kills the hider. Shit's tense. Of course, BEING hacked is equally thrilling. Looking around trying to find this douchebag who joined your game, then finding him if you're good enough, and killing him before he can escape. Or if he does manage to get in a car and drive off, you enter into this high speed chase where you have to take his car down and finish him off. It's got a set outcome (hacker dies, succeeds, or escapes), but the events that LEAD to that outcome are never the same. That's what makes it awesome.

ExRev
11 Jun 2014, 06:25am
First time I hacked someone's game, I was unlucky enough to be one of the only "people" nearby, so he found me easy. Second time, I hid behind a planter, and just kept circling it, staying on the opposite side of my target. He eventually panicked enough that he fired a gun to try and see how I'd react differently from the rest of the crowd, but still never noticed me ducked behind this planter. Finally, cops showed up and shot him dead as I was around the 88% mark for hacking him. But the game still let me continue to hack him and I succeeded. And then the game nicely seamlessly moved me back into my game and the cops all noticed me. D:

My only issue with the online is due to the fact I'll idle while I check here or do something else for a moment, and then hear some of the sounds from Watch Dogs, and realize I'm already like 50% hacked.

patsfan365
11 Jun 2014, 03:25pm
If you press pause it'll stop anyone from joining your session unannounced. Also I've yet to be successfully hacked. I almost was, it was at like 88%, but then I jammed coms to stop the download, and found him sitting in a pick up truck, and he turned on the car and started driving away, but I got him through the rear window.

Eldest
12 Jun 2014, 02:56pm
After playing Hitman:Absolution, my favorite part of Watch Dogs is using Focus during sneak missions and taking out 3 guys with 1 second. Feels pro.

ExRev
13 Jun 2014, 02:53pm
Today I found out that if you're hacking someone, and they find you, you can't shoot them. I unloaded a shotgun, point blank on this guy when he found me, and it apparently did NO damage.

Pan32
13 Jun 2014, 04:06pm
http://i.imgur.com/IbLnKCv.jpg

Spyder
21 Jul 2014, 03:22am
http://i.imgur.com/IbLnKCv.jpg

Lol I've seen shit like that or "Sex Addict" "Obsessive Masturbater" etc, it's pretty fucking hilarious

also bumpo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk