PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] TTT_OhFuckItsSinking

Bdcoll
21 Apr 2014, 08:56am
So for no particular reason I got it stuck in my head that making a new TTT map would be a clever idea. After the abandoning of all my previous maps (Heres looking at you ZE_ competiton and MG_Hungergames).

So the new idea is simple. Take Roy The Ship, make it look less nice, add in SG easter eggs, sink the ship.

So this is where my progress is at right now. The basic elements are all blocked in. Going through and doing lighting now (Including the lighting flashing on/off and then going out towards the end). Once thats done I'm going to go through and get all the T traps in place and working, before opening it up for some testing rounds.

The SG element of the map is that i'm going to try and place people from SG into it (like ZE_Random), so if you want in, then send me a picture of yourself :P. Preferably people that play TTT mainly though ( None of you dirty Surf players )

If you want your picture in there PM me it on the forums, or via Steam! I'm not digging through the mess that is the Post your Pics thread :P

I will be bugging some members as I have planned to give them a room on the ship already.

Some T traps will also be named after members here. Had to choose from the names that are practical, so right now Virus, Cold War, CrimsonFlames and White Shark have one in the works, Maybe more in the future. ( Seriously you try making a "ExRev Trap")

I also need a new map name, and a ship name, so fire away with suggestions :D

Moo Moo Viking
21 Apr 2014, 09:32am
So for no particular reason I got it stuck in my head that making a new TTT map would be a clever idea. After the abandoning of all my previous maps (Heres looking at you ZE_ competiton and MG_Hungergames).

So the new idea is simple. Take Roy The Ship, make it look less nice, add in SG easter eggs, sink the ship.

So this is where my progress is at right now. The basic elements are all blocked in. Going through and doing lighting now (Including the lighting flashing on/off and then going out towards the end). Once thats done I'm going to go through and get all the T traps in place and working, before opening it up for some testing rounds.

The SG element of the map is that i'm going to try and place people from SG into it (like ZE_Random), so if you want in, then send me a picture of yourself :P. Preferably people that play TTT mainly though ( None of you dirty Surf players )

I will be bugging some members as I have planned to give them a room on the ship already.

Some T traps will also be named after members here. Had to choose from the names that are practical, so right now Virus, Cold War, CrimsonFlames and White Shark have one in the works, Maybe more in the future. ( Seriously you try making a "ExRev Trap")

I also need a new map name, and a ship name, so fire away with suggestions :D

Where is my be nice trap :(

O and can i have a ice-room with pictures of cows and penguins thanks

Spyder
21 Apr 2014, 10:10am
Add me on Steam Bdcoll.

new ship name The S.S. SteamGamers

Trap ideas: flooding bathroom, engine room explosion, giant red crates that crush you, chlorine leak inside of a room, a freezer that freezes the whole room.

put a giant black widow (or Scarlett johansson) in the map as me c:

maybe do a very hard secret/objective that could trigger an iceberg and crush the ship (so basically Titanic)

EDIT: make a trap for me in which a giant black widow falls in and attacks the player(s) depending on how many in the room.

Squid
21 Apr 2014, 10:13am
If my face is not in this i will be very disappointed bdcoll!

Sleggie
21 Apr 2014, 10:47am
Put a picture of a turtle pls.

Extreme Potatoes
21 Apr 2014, 02:26pm
This map sounds like a good idea! Also, you should put a picture of potatoes hidden somewhere in the map, like in an open book or on a clip board or something :P

Bdcoll
22 Apr 2014, 04:14am
Well i'll try and get your peoples things in.

Progress has been slow as brushes are rebelling against the lighting, so I've had to take it out for now. ( It will go back in as I want the Tester, Disco and Level Evolution lights to work). Going to get the texturing done today and tommorow,along with the T tester/T traps.

Then hopefully I can bug someone to chuck it on the server for very early beta testing :D

ExRev
24 Apr 2014, 10:17am
if you're going to make a ship, for the love of god please make stairwells where we don't have to fucking duck to get through them.

SideArmSavage
24 Apr 2014, 10:42am
This map sounds like a good idea! Also, you should put a picture of potatoes hidden somewhere in the map, like in an open book or on a clip board or something :P

Put one of me too :)

Prez
24 Apr 2014, 01:50pm
Well i'll try and get your peoples things in.

Progress has been slow as brushes are rebelling against the lighting, so I've had to take it out for now. ( It will go back in as I want the Tester, Disco and Level Evolution lights to work). Going to get the texturing done today and tommorow,along with the T tester/T traps.

Then hopefully I can bug someone to chuck it on the server for very early beta testing :D

If you need help with lighting / other work on SDK let me know :D I haven't mapped in a while but I still know my way around

Dirk
24 Apr 2014, 11:43pm
No chance there will be any Dirkjr references?

Bdcoll
27 Apr 2014, 06:29am
So its been a while since the last update. I now have a lot more free time to work on this, so expect progress to come quickly.

So i've now got most of the texturing done, there is just a couple of rooms that need doing now. Most of the Traitor traps are in place, just one more to go there which i'm going to create as the last thing due to its nature.

Only myself and Sidearm have our own rooms right now (He is too gentle to not give him his first), others will come eventually.

As soon as i get these things done, and i've armed the map, I'm going to bug someone to throw it on the server for testing purposes :D
http://i.imgur.com/qvjqtqB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6KioZZc.jpg

Spyder
27 Apr 2014, 10:14am
So its been a while since the last update. I now have a lot more free time to work on this, so expect progress to come quickly.

So i've now got most of the texturing done, there is just a couple of rooms that need doing now. Most of the Traitor traps are in place, just one more to go there which i'm going to create as the last thing due to its nature.

Only myself and Sidearm have our own rooms right now (He is too gentle to not give him his first), others will come eventually.

As soon as i get these things done, and i've armed the map, I'm going to bug someone to throw it on the server for testing purposes :D
http://i.imgur.com/qvjqtqB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6KioZZc.jpg

Looks good! Keep up the good work.

Bdcoll
2 May 2014, 12:06pm
Well it will get there eventually. Spent a good deal of time today getting the objectives in place and working, just need to make a random spawn location for the flares and thats all good to go.

Still have all the work to do on arming the map, and personal rooms, but should hopefully get those done soon enough.

Also the map and ship still need a name. I'm open to any ideas, although i'm thinking along the lines of TTT_ASinkingFeeling

Moo Moo Viking
2 May 2014, 05:23pm
Well it will get there eventually. Spent a good deal of time today getting the objectives in place and working, just need to make a random spawn location for the flares and thats all good to go.

Still have all the work to do on arming the map, and personal rooms, but should hopefully get those done soon enough.

Also the map and ship still need a name. I'm open to any ideas, although i'm thinking along the lines of TTT_ASinkingFeeling

TTT_SinkingPenguins or TTT_SinkingCows

ColdWar
5 May 2014, 01:37am
a cold war trap, eh? is that one where a gun starts going off and manages to not hit anybody?

seriously though I like the idea of this map. sounds fun. I like roy the ship but id like a different map on a boat too. keep up the good work :)

BlackWhite
5 May 2014, 10:23am
Is it possible to make the ship sink for the titanic secret and we have the life boat?

Matt
5 May 2014, 04:34pm
Everyone knows Me!!!!!

I can be a great trap ;)

Sleggie
5 May 2014, 04:51pm
Can't wait to see my faggot room. I also want this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ2-ndzN4To) music playing.

Nuclear Onion
5 May 2014, 10:06pm
Nuclear onion trap? I think yes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bdcoll
6 May 2014, 04:05pm
Well progress on the map goes slow.

Right now i'm alternating between working in 3DS Max for a day, then working on the map the next day. Unfortunatley I came into a major issue that wasted most of the last day working on the map. In addition i now need to find a nice way to give the map a skybox that works when sinking -_-.

I get the feeling most of you will be dissapointed in the shitty rooms I give you all :P, or the fact you dont have one due to the number of you. For the first map release this will need to do, just want it working and playtested. After that i'll have to either extend the ship in length to fit all of you in OR even add an extra deck onto the ship.

Spyder
6 May 2014, 06:43pm
Well progress on the map goes slow.

Right now i'm alternating between working in 3DS Max for a day, then working on the map the next day. Unfortunatley I came into a major issue that wasted most of the last day working on the map. In addition i now need to find a nice way to give the map a skybox that works when sinking -_-.

I get the feeling most of you will be dissapointed in the shitty rooms I give you all :P, or the fact you dont have one due to the number of you. For the first map release this will need to do, just want it working and playtested. After that i'll have to either extend the ship in length to fit all of you in OR even add an extra deck onto the ship.

Why not turn the ship into the Titanic or something of the same size? Itd be cool to play on that and maybe as a secret objective, have an iceberg slam into the ship!

Bdcoll
7 May 2014, 04:36am
Converting it into the Titanic would be a massive chunk of work, something I'm not really willing to take on.

This ship does sink though as a natural part of playing it, so you have that at least :P

BlackWhite
7 May 2014, 06:04am
Converting it into the Titanic would be a massive chunk of work, something I'm not really willing to take on.

This ship does sink though as a natural part of playing it, so you have that at least :P

after it sank, do we still play in the sea or there is life boat and/or ice that we can continue

Bdcoll
7 May 2014, 06:43am
Its set up as a sort of objective. You need to collect 3 flares to signal for a helicopter to come pick you up ( Its a shitty designed helicopter though :P). Once the chopper leaves it triggers a kill across the map.

Don't have any plans yet for what happens if you don't signal in time, although i'm pretty confident I don't want the game to continue for too long in that case. Hell i'm trying to keep all the action out of the water around the ship as it is anyways.

Spyder
7 May 2014, 09:48am

Extend the length, width and height of the ship, add some giant ass smoke stacks and put in rooms like on terror train: kitchen, cabins, dining room, etc.

but yeah I guess that would be a shit load of work. Anyways good job on this one Bdcoil! Can't wait to test it out :P

Dirk
7 May 2014, 11:03pm
Its set up as a sort of objective. You need to collect 3 flares to signal for a helicopter to come pick you up ( Its a shitty designed helicopter though :P). Once the chopper leaves it triggers a kill across the map.

Don't have any plans yet for what happens if you don't signal in time, although i'm pretty confident I don't want the game to continue for too long in that case. Hell i'm trying to keep all the action out of the water around the ship as it is anyways.

have some sort of animal show up and kill everyone after the ship sinks

Spyder
7 May 2014, 11:04pm
have some sort of animal show up and kill everyone after the ship sinks

The giant freaky looking Half Life fish

Bdcoll
8 May 2014, 02:29pm
The idea is nice Spyder, and I had originally entertained the thought, but I'm already working on the Titanic in 3d, so don't want another on my hands :P

The monster idea is nice, but doubtful. A kill is easier right now, just need to hope people can read objectives!

Spyder
8 May 2014, 03:07pm
The idea is nice Spyder, and I had originally entertained the thought, but I'm already working on the Titanic in 3d, so don't want another on my hands :P

The monster idea is nice, but doubtful. A kill is easier right now, just need to hope people can read objectives!

People are gonna bitch unless you put it in big neon letters right in front of where everyone spawns.

Bdcoll
26 May 2014, 10:59am
Well I havent worked on the map in a long, long while now. I am fully intending to go in and sort this thing out, but between it, a potential new job, and TTT_SaffronCity I have no idea when it will eventually get completed.

Ontop of that, after seeing how good TTT_TheShip looks, I might have to steal every prop from that map to make mine look semi decent.

Bdcoll
1 Jan 2015, 10:44am
Well, lets try this again shall we.

Nuclear Onion
1 Jan 2015, 10:49am
Haha all because I reminded you this existed :P

Bdcoll
1 Jan 2015, 10:57am
:P the idea never left my mind, I just lacked the desire to map it. Its back now though, and looking better already IMHO.

Should be much faster to get things working as I figured out the gameplay functions last time, and this time round I wont need to mess with the hull as I "borrowed" Roy The Ships.

Bdcoll
1 Jan 2015, 11:17am
And just because. Heres a WiP shot of the Engine Room right now. With both normal lighting, and emergency lighting only. (Ignore the fact Emergency is on in the first image)

http://imgur.com/YvsZ3OW,yY0pK7E#0

mapper
1 Jan 2015, 04:38pm
Basically its a rework of roy_the ship, with kinda the same rooms but reorganized? Well goodluck, it takes a fair amount of time to make.

Bdcoll
1 Jan 2015, 04:44pm
Pretty much. Probably about 1.5 times as wide. Same length (Its surprising how long Roy is). Going to be organised somewhat like a cruise ship. Probably scrapping the individual trap ideas.

Add in the flooding from ze_titanic and an element of "Collect 4 flares to summon the escape vehicle", and it should hopefully provide a fun map

Paralyzed
1 Jan 2015, 08:01pm
Bdcoll, only I'm allowed to slack when it comes to mapping, you can't. No but really, it's worth proceeding!

Bdcoll
3 Jan 2015, 05:54am
Well thats most of the Engineering/Crew spaces done. All of what you see here, and the entire bow section of the ship.

This might take a while -_-

mapper
3 Jan 2015, 07:02am
I get to think of this crazy idea but Valve should make an online editor like google docs(in this case for hammer), which allows multiple people to work on one project :D

Bdcoll
5 Jan 2015, 12:17pm
So I hear you guys like fancy, partially built, staircases.

Dirk
5 Jan 2015, 06:39pm
does this mean I dont get my room? :(

looks like this could be good though

Bdcoll
6 Jan 2015, 03:53am
In fairness, how the hell do I make a Dirk room :p

Z3r0 M4ni4c
6 Jan 2015, 05:22am

Dark Room with trip wire....
When trip wire activated you get a picture of Dirkjr!

That better?

Extreme Potatoes
6 Jan 2015, 06:02am

I'm sure a room full of potatoes would be much easier :)

Fishey
6 Jan 2015, 06:17am
I think the easiest thing would be to fill the map with fish

mapper
6 Jan 2015, 07:54am
or a room with chainsaws and hammers.

Dirk
6 Jan 2015, 04:47pm

Make a room where you get locked in with a Metroid and it kills you.

Tsuna
6 Jan 2015, 04:56pm
Make a secret room and inside the names of members of the community we will be a part of you bdcoll

Bdcoll
6 Jan 2015, 05:02pm
Wow, you lot really want those rooms dont you.

Well I'll see what I can work in, but no rooms full of anything. Can imagine they will make the map a hellhole to play on if I did.

Anyways. Progress goes slow. Most of the work happened with the stairs. Had to move them back to provide enough space for them to sit snuggly, and blocked out the major components of the walkways around the stairs. This also meant I had to fix the wall heights.

Also ended up remodelling the upper bow section as well, and started blocking in a rough idea of where the walls will sit there.

Probably going to extend that top section up only 2 floors, to avoid the map getting too large. Already concerned players wont be able to find all the bodies because of the flooding and the distances involved.

ExRev
6 Jan 2015, 07:56pm
I want an ExRev room. Nothing fancy. Just a room that you walk in, and get slayed. Possibly banned. Best room ever.

#ExRev4RoomOnTTT_OhFuckItsSinking2015

Spyder
6 Jan 2015, 07:59pm
make a room with spiders on the wall or make them jumpscare c: and the room has to have a secret in/out teleporter unless you would make the boat have cabins, in that case a spider cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandeemoo007
6 Jan 2015, 08:45pm
This is an amazing idea, I'll find a picture of myself for you to use.

Bdcoll
7 Jan 2015, 05:50am
:p well at least Mandee has the right idea here