PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one or ps4

bfbc2rox
10 Apr 2014, 02:56pm
Idk which one should I choose because play my friends have Xbox live and I want a ps4 but also I want to play with my friends? Which one?

Elemental
10 Apr 2014, 03:12pm
Personally, I'd say PS4, but that may be mostly cause of my bad experience with Xbox / Microsoft in general.
Especially the 360's. So many faults...

Spyder
10 Apr 2014, 03:31pm
It depends. Honestly, when I get the money, I'll be playing my PS4 more. It's more of a gaming console. Xbox One is an entertainment hub, using most of its power for other things instead of just gaming like the PS4. Not to mention, Playstation plays games in full 1080p while almost all Xbox One games are played in 720p.

TL;DR if you want to play games at highest res with best graphics, pick PS4. Only thing I'll miss about Xbox One: Kinect and Titanfall.

harro
10 Apr 2014, 03:34pm
If your friends play Xbone get an Xbone. If you want quality loner games where you don't get ripped, just played on your PC. Ezpz.

Eskomo
10 Apr 2014, 04:21pm
I would really recommend getting the one your friends play on, as dumb as that is, you will have more fun playing with your friends and that should be a large factor when buying something where the sole purpose is to enjoy yourself.

I'll probably pick up an Xbox One when the next version of Halo comes out, provided I have the cash money.

BoM
10 Apr 2014, 04:21pm
If your friends play Xbone get an Xbone. If you want quality loner games where you don't get ripped, just played on your PC. Ezpz.

Truth

Sent from my carrier pigeon

Dirk
11 Apr 2014, 11:29am

Or just do what I did and constantly nag your friends about getting a gaming PC until they do. They haven't looked back.

Step out of the console cave, its nice and sunny out here.

Spyder
11 Apr 2014, 12:53pm
Step out of the console cave, its nice and sunny out here.

We're gamers, we don't go out in the sun. We burn easy.

Labarr
11 Apr 2014, 02:03pm
are we talking about gamers, or gingers?

Nevodka
11 Apr 2014, 03:04pm
xbox one

Neptune
11 Apr 2014, 03:41pm
Or just do what I did and constantly nag your friends about getting a gaming PC until they do. They haven't looked back.

You see that's what we call a faggot, hate people who annoy others.
:cool:

Dirk
11 Apr 2014, 04:14pm
You see that's what we call a faggot.
:cool:

Did I ask you?

Sleggie
11 Apr 2014, 04:31pm
PS4 as I don't like the people the people that run xbox.

and those that use :D

Spyder
11 Apr 2014, 05:50pm
PS4 as I don't like the people the people that run xbox.

and those that use :D

You don't like me and sidearm and Goku? Okay :/

BoM
11 Apr 2014, 06:27pm
You don't like me and sidearm and Goku? Okay :/

Actually.. yes. Nailed it on the head.

Lmao

Sent from my carrier pigeon

ExileD
11 Apr 2014, 07:47pm
Go with both, that is what I'd do. But if you can't get both probs best to go with xbox since that is what your friends have + Halo master race.

ShoieP
11 Apr 2014, 07:55pm
I'd buy a PS4. Mainly because I own a PS Vita and I could use the PS4 Link to play games while I take a shit.

patsfan365
16 May 2014, 01:04am
Easy fix: Find less-stupid friends. PS4 is better than xbone. Unless you like a weaker, more expensive system with a more limited, dude-bro library of games. Besides, most xbox exclusive games come to PC anyway.

Zaraki
16 May 2014, 04:27am
Go with both, that is what I'd do. But if you can't get both probs best to go with xbox since that is what your friends have + Halo master race.

That's bullshit :p
None of my friends have an Xbox One since they actually realise that Halo is the only series that keeps people from buying a decent console like PS4.. I have an Xbox360 and PS3 too and they're just two different types on console.
Xbox focusses on trying to sell everything to you and gain all of your money. PlayStation just keeps it basic and simple..

I have a PS4, and it's currently an overpriced dvd-player since no good games came out yet.

^ The truth and nothing but the truth.

SideArmSavage
16 May 2014, 04:57am
Xbox one :)

Metal
16 May 2014, 06:58am
Depends on what you enjoy.

I'm getting a PS4 in a year or so since I have the Vita, I also own a 3ds since i play more handheld games than anything.

Banana Joe
16 May 2014, 10:11am
PC master race

might get a Vita though for FF X on the run

Zaraki
16 May 2014, 11:17am
PC master race

might get a Vita though for FF X on the run

Meh, buying a computer that can run anything on ultra is alot more than a 400euro PS4

Banana Joe
16 May 2014, 02:15pm
Meh, buying a computer that can run anything on ultra is alot more than a 400euro PS4

But you don't have to pay 60 euro for every game you want to play + you're not a peasant.

nublife
16 May 2014, 03:47pm
for real next gen are shitty right now... wait a little bit before buying a next gen! there's no game and like Banana Joe said... if you're ready to spend 400 euros ... upgrade your pc. Im talking about now. In a year aybe a next gen will worth the 400euros or dollars

Simon the Digger
16 May 2014, 07:13pm
Neither, PC MASTER RACE

Spyder
16 May 2014, 10:20pm
Xbox one because I'm from a hc Microsoft family

Zaraki
17 May 2014, 03:05am
But you don't have to pay 60 euro for every game you want to play + you're not a peasant.

I can follow your reasoning if you start pirating everything, but a 10-20 euro discount...
You'd have to buy a lot of games to earn it back.

Granted, not every game is suitable for console and vice versa

Later, gotta go feed the pigs

SilentGuns
17 May 2014, 06:29am
That really depends : how often and how long do you play games? Do you plan to buy a lot of games? Can you manage without having the best graphics? Do you like modding games / playing modded games?

Banana Joe
17 May 2014, 11:47am
Do you like modding games / playing modded games?

Also this, can't imagine playing vanilla Skyrim

Zaraki
17 May 2014, 02:16pm
Also this, can't imagine playing vanilla Skyrim

That sucked balls, bought the pc version just for that reason.

Matt
18 May 2014, 08:10pm
I have a ps4 and honestly not worth getting either. Wait for more games to come out, because I'm bored off all my games. Just my opinion.

Spyder
18 May 2014, 08:55pm
I have a ps4 and honestly not worth getting either. Wait for more games to come out, because I'm bored off all my games. Just my opinion.

Same with my XB1. Can't wait for new CoD, Watch Dogs, Destiny and more. I'm getting bored of Titanfall, NFS Rivals, Forza 5 and Ghosts.

Frosty
19 May 2014, 01:37am
people were actually excited for titanfall and thought it would last lol

Zaraki
19 May 2014, 10:15am
people were actually excited for titanfall and thought it would last lol

Now they're just throwing it at your face for 15-20€..
So glad I didn't buy that :)

Metal
20 May 2014, 08:56am
Now they're just throwing it at your face for 15-20€..
So glad I didn't buy that :)

It's still pretty fun with friends, other than that its casual

BoM
20 May 2014, 09:41am
It's still pretty fun with friends, other than that its casual

What this punk said. In terms of a casual shooter its pretty good!

ExRev
20 May 2014, 10:21am
in terms of consoles, I know by the end of this cycle I'll have both. As of right now I can't justify $500 just to play Dead Rising 3 and $400 just to play Infamous Second Son. Pretty much any other game out on them right now I have a way to play elsewhere, so I don't really care about those.

When Kingdom Hearts 3 releases though? I'll be buying that for PS4, whether or not I have the system yet.

Zaraki
20 May 2014, 10:53am
in terms of consoles, I know by the end of this cycle I'll have both. As of right now I can't justify $500 just to play Dead Rising 3 and $400 just to play Infamous Second Son. Pretty much any other game out on them right now I have a way to play elsewhere, so I don't really care about those.

When Kingdom Hearts 3 releases though? I'll be buying that for PS4, whether or not I have the system yet.

KH3 is planned 2015 for PS4.
I have Infamous SecondSon and it's not worth the money.

I'd love to play Dead Rising 3 :(

Spyder
20 May 2014, 11:35am

KH3 is planned 2015 for PS4.
I have Infamous SecondSon and it's not worth the money.

I'd love to play Dead Rising 3 :(

eh DR3 gets boring as fuck after. I have all the blueprints, collectibles, vehicles etc. so there's nothing really to do after unless you get the DLC (haven't played).

But Exrev, InF3 <3 that, Killzone and some others will be the only games I have on PS4 when I get it this fall.

Destiny though, this game is going on my Xbox.

Zaraki
20 May 2014, 06:00pm
eh DR3 gets boring as fuck after. I have all the blueprints, collectibles, vehicles etc. so there's nothing really to do after unless you get the DLC (haven't played).

But Exrev, InF3 <3 that, Killzone and some others will be the only games I have on PS4 when I get it this fall.

Destiny though, this game is going on my Xbox.
But but but.. I have both Killzone and InF and they suck SO hard :o

patsfan365
20 May 2014, 07:11pm
I have killzone and second son and they're amazing. Better than their respective predecessors.

Spyder
20 May 2014, 08:51pm
But but but.. I have both Killzone and InF and they suck SO hard :o

I have killzone and second son and they're amazing. Better than their respective predecessors.

Conflicting opinions. I've always loved the Infamous games, only played a bit of KillZone.

Can't wait for #WatchDogs doe

Zaraki
20 May 2014, 10:52pm
Conflicting opinions. I've always loved the Infamous games, only played a bit of KillZone.

Can't wait for #WatchDogs doe

Agreed on WatchDogs :3
I like InFamous, I have the first and second game too. My only problem with the third game is that it's way too short and there are so many restrictions in the game that the original games didn't have.
Delsin is an undeveloped character compared to Cole..

Killzone was in the bundle of my PS4, I have played the other Killzone games and I loved those too.. But not this one, since it's a horrible shooter, and overall bad story. The only fancy aspect is the graphics.

The only PS4 game that I loved was Battlefield 4 until now

patsfan365
21 May 2014, 02:13am
shadow fall was an amazing shooter, and took a step away from what it normally did in the series, while keeping everything that made killzone, killzone. The open levels, the different styles of play encouraged, the variety in environments, the amazing guns (with a return of secondary fires). Plus the owl. And the story was great. Maybe not as epic as killzone 3 or 2, but shadow fall's supposed to be like a good hop-on point for people new to the series. It's also a way better shooter than battlefield.

And there's not much restrictions in second son, I'm not sure what you mean by that. You can actually fall in water and not die now. You can traverse way easier. Plus you can have more than two types of powers, which was KIND OF the limit in infamous 2 (I say kind of because it was really more like 1.5 types of powers). There isn't as much variety in powers, i'll admit, but like you said, delsin's a new character and not really established yet. I see it as like any origin story.

Spyder
21 May 2014, 04:16am
shadow fall was an amazing shooter, and took a step away from what it normally did in the series, while keeping everything that made killzone, killzone. The open levels, the different styles of play encouraged, the variety in environments, the amazing guns (with a return of secondary fires). Plus the owl. And the story was great. Maybe not as epic as killzone 3 or 2, but shadow fall's supposed to be like a good hop-on point for people new to the series. It's also a way better shooter than battlefield.

And there's not much restrictions in second son, I'm not sure what you mean by that. You can actually fall in water and not die now. You can traverse way easier. Plus you can have more than two types of powers, which was KIND OF the limit in infamous 2 (I say kind of because it was really more like 1.5 types of powers). There isn't as much variety in powers, i'll admit, but like you said, delsin's a new character and not really established yet. I see it as like any origin story.

Don't forget that BF4 isn't much of a shooter, more of a simulator. It's not an arcade shooter. It's made to look life-like.

I love it too, especially since on Xbox1 if you buy a season pass or Premium or whatever it transfers to all of your accounts on the Xbox so you don't have to pay $50 for each person.

Carrier assault is my favorite game mode because I loved 2142's game mode which is exactly like carrier assault. (Each team has a ship and players try to reach the other ship and destroy it) but BF2142 had escape pods that launched you across.

Getting Watch Dogs at midnight release

patsfan365
21 May 2014, 01:34pm
It's a shooter. No where close to being a simulator. Simulator's are more in-depth than just graphics. Arma's a good example of an FPS simulator.