PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Zeta & Omnicron

Banana Joe
25 Mar 2014, 12:57pm
Alright, figured I'd just make a thread now since this shit needs more attention(and I've been talking a lot about it).

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonzetaomicron/

Pokémon Zeta & Omnicron are 2 fanmade games, made by some guy called thesuzerain on reddit. It's made the same way like Red & Blue, Silver & Gold etc, meaning that there's actually version-specific pokémon.

Currently the game is still in beta, the live patch is 1.3.28 and AFAIK we're currently waiting for 1.4 to be launched.
What this game features so far is at least 80 hours of gameplay(bug free), 2 regions(second region not fully done), Delta pokemon(y'know, like the trading cards), levels go up to 120, tons of legendaries in both games, actual side-quests, your own secret base with stuff like a mining cave, empowered versions of the Gym Leaders you've fought, 4 starter pokemon, a guy who has a new trade every day and much more. This base has 2 upgrades in the first region, and then later on in the second region there's a new upgrade, so you can also breed(with a breeding tunnel) and other cool shit.
The starter pokemon are also not the usual pokemon, but Horsea, Bellsprout and Magby with modified stats(the only pokemon with modified stats) to match the other starters. They also level up normally by levels, so you don't suddenly have to find a Dragon Scale.
The game actually gives you a challenge as well, since the Elite Four aren't just running level 50-60 pokemons, but rather close to the 100. Plus the game doesn't end after that, there's Sigil Halls which act like Gyms more or less, but have leaders using extremely strong pokemon(one including some made up pokemon, but they're pretty well made).
There's pokemon from all the games in it + the aforementioned made up pokemon(there's only very few).

Uhhhhh, well there's also humor in the game and a lot of references to various shows and memes(yes funneh maymays), since it's not official.
There's also a trading/battle system, however it's not up atm(not sure what's wrong, but it should come sometime).
Plus the very best things about the game, which is key items that replace the HMs so you don't have to run around with a HM slave pokemon or have to use cut on your level 120 Sceptile AND an option to 'trade' your own pokemon, so it evolves without having to have friends(yay says Omarfire).

So yeah, I'm not sure what else to write, just wanted to let you guys know about this game since I personally find it really great and I don't really have money to spend on a DS or the like.
Let me know if there's any questions, I probably missed a lot of shit about it.

Oh yeah, and a TL;DR: Amazing pokemon game made by fan, lots of fun.

Neptune
25 Mar 2014, 01:05pm
I was telling bom about this the other day too.

Elemental
25 Mar 2014, 01:33pm
At first, I was like, lolnotygayhh.

But then I actually read through your post and that seems pretty nice ;O
defi gonna check this shit out

(PS: plural of pokémon is also just pokémon btw :x )

Zaraki
25 Mar 2014, 02:48pm
Does it have made up Pokémon?

ShoieP
25 Mar 2014, 02:55pm
I was expecting Transformers in Pokemon. :(

I'll check it out though. Can't ever get enough Pokemon.

Spyder
25 Mar 2014, 03:32pm
Whatever you guys do, DONT PICK FUCKING HORSEA OR BELLSPROUT. The beginning is almost fucking impossible without a fire pokemon to kill all the grass/bug types.

But besides that, I personally love this game. It's got the aspects of a 3DS game, advanced lighting, weather and mechanics, but it's got the texture of a GBASP game. There's also a shadow system implemented into it too!

And yeah shoie, I saw omicron and thought it was Omnicron but naw D:

Banana Joe
25 Mar 2014, 06:31pm
Does it have made up Pokémon?

Very few in the game, and even fewer that you can obtain yourself. Only one that I off the top of my head can remember which you're able to get is Megasparce, which is basically a Dunsparce on steroids. It should be pretty hard to get though, I have no clue as to how you do.

Also you can safely pick Horsea, just pick up a Flying pokemon on the first route, eeeeaaaasy.

Neptune
25 Mar 2014, 06:40pm
Very few in the game, and even fewer that you can obtain yourself. Only one that I off the top of my head can remember which you're able to get is Megasparce, which is basically a Dunsparce on speed. It should be pretty hard to get though, I have no clue as to how you do.

Also you can safely pick Horsea, just pick up a Flying pokemon on the first route, eeeeaaaasy.

but magby,

capp'n
25 Mar 2014, 06:46pm
Very few in the game, and even fewer that you can obtain yourself. Only one that I off the top of my head can remember which you're able to get is Megasparce, which is basically a Dunsparce on speed. It should be pretty hard to get though, I have no clue as to how you do.

i got girl starters each time i restarted help

Spr00k
25 Mar 2014, 07:37pm
will play this videogayme non-stop