PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall is here Fellas

Spyder
10 Mar 2014, 10:49pm
Hey guys, if anyone has an Xbox One and got Titanfall, you can add me on XBL @ cvg001

If anyone wants to see gameplay, lemme know and I'll record some and post it.

#soexcited

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/11/yzytuved.jpg

Spyder
10 Mar 2014, 11:53pm
#BestSystemEver

Ikr, I tried it on PC and didn't like it.

Look at the cool poster they gave me :D
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/11/u3unazab.jpg

Octa
11 Mar 2014, 12:35am
Idk why, but I just didn't get excited for this game at all.

Harpr33t
12 Mar 2014, 09:22am
It had potential until they made it 6v6

Dirk
12 Mar 2014, 12:00pm
Zero interest in the game. less than zero interest in the xbox version of anything.

Bad Dog
12 Mar 2014, 12:50pm
This isn't a post about Xbox One, this is a post about Titanfall. Console bashing doesn't equal gaming discussion.

Frosty
12 Mar 2014, 01:02pm
It had potential until they made it 6v6

I don't see the problem with this, it worked fine in the beta, something like 16 v 16 wouldn't be fun at all when you have lots of other mechs shooting at you, it just wouldn't work out.

Honestly it isn't a game I'd play as I would probably buy it, play it for an hour or two and won't get back to it ever like I do with most shooters. I'll probably pick it up on a sale later on.

BoM
12 Mar 2014, 01:18pm
Zero interest in the game. less than zero interest in the xbox version of anything.

Yes I've heard it sucks on Xbox.....along with the whole console. Not worth the money nowadays.

Give it a year maybe it will get better ( the game not the console). A lot of games are bad out the door unfortunately, more impatient people and developers.

PC masterrace

Unnamed Newbie
12 Mar 2014, 02:44pm
I got the game for PC and have played a bit of it. I have to say that it is a pretty average game for the first in the franchise. My biggest complaint is that there seems to be something missing from the game. Pilots have only a handful of guns, tiers, and abilities, which I hope will see expansion in the DLC's that they will release later. The other qualm I have is that the graphics seem a bit sub-par. At first, I wasn't sure if I would be able to run the game well, but on recommended settings, it seemed fine. So I tuned it up a notch and maxed out everything (textures were just kept at very high, not insane). There was minimal difference in FPS and the game looked generally the same; the only difference was that the minimap and text were a little more clear cause of the resolution.
The gameplay and mechanics of it seem fairly fun and new. It seems like a healthy cross between Mirror's Edge, CoD, and BF. There is the neat parkoring aspect, which I must admit is much smoother than I was expecting. It seems to be right smack in the middle of CoD's close-quarters, twitch shooter and Battlefield's huge maps with vehicles to bring you to the various points. Needless to say, actually playing inside of the Titan is a cool experience. People were also complaining about the 6v6 gameplay, but with the addition of CPU grunts, the battlefield is very lively. Granted the AI is pretty dumb, they do their duty and you can be overwhelmed by them. And once three or four pilots get in their titans, the battlefield seems to be the perfect size and it is more of a PvP match that just shooting AI.
Overall, I think this is a good new direction for the new franchise granted it does seem to be lacking some content (mind you, I haven't even touched campaign). Nonetheless, if you have the $60 and are looking for something new, buy it.

Spyder
12 Mar 2014, 03:34pm
Yeah, honestly I don't see a problem with 6v6. It's all because of the titans. They're massive and pretty damn powerful. Earlier I was playing and the entire team had their titans and the map even seemed smaller because in every corner of the map there's an enemy Titan.

Like Newbie said, there is a pretty big lack of weaponry for the pilots. This game has been in production since MW2, so I was disappointed to see only 9 weapons. 1 shotgun, 2 ARs, 3 snipers, 1 lmg, 2 SMGS and an Aimbot gun (this pistol is total bullshit, stand within 20 feet of somebody and it auto locks onto their head without aiming so you only pull the trigger once.)

I'm also disappointed with the Titan weaponry. 6 guns and 4 of them suck ass. I only use the 40mm Cannon and the XO-16 chain gun because they do damage and shoot fast. The plasma cannon, quad rocket, arc cannon and triple threat all fire about as slow as Motox's grandmother.

The tactical abilities were also a bit of a let down. I thought they'd add like a flashbang but apparently not. All you get is a vortex shield, a particle wall (bubble shield from halo 3) and the electric smoke. (These are for the titans btw)

Another thing, I wish they'd put in Ghost's 3D model of your characters and let you customize them. It'd be nice to customize the titan's armor and colors. Same with the Pilots. There's only 6 models total for the characters. M/F sniper, soldier and CQB.

TL : DR - There's a lot more things that should have gotten added to the game imo. This includes weapons, player models, character/Titan customization and more abilities and such.

Spiritwind
14 Mar 2014, 08:28pm
Personally like Titanfall, however I think the Campaign is rather cheap (Just the Multiplayer Maps with a short intro scene and people speaking during the fight, of which you can't understand what their saying because your always in intense combat in Titanfall).

Anyways, if anyone has been playing it on PC, add me on Origin so we can play sometime, Spiritwind51.

Extreme Potatoes
14 Mar 2014, 11:45pm
From what I've heard, it's not bad at all. I'm debating on getting this or Dark Souls 2.

Spyder
15 Mar 2014, 06:34am
From what I've heard, it's not bad at all. I'm debating on getting this or Dark Souls 2.

Get it on Xbox One pls.

BoM
15 Mar 2014, 07:52pm

Get dark souls 2

Mudkip™
16 Mar 2014, 10:13am
Sad that so many people forgot DaS2 came out same day. I played titanfall at my friend's house and honestly it felt like I was playing Crysis 3. Personally, I'm glad I didn't pre-order it, but I know a lot of people who like it, which is good.