PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Server

Extreme Potatoes
10 Mar 2014, 07:11pm
With the Custom TTT server being back up and running, a lot of players seem to have said they've been waiting for this moment and feel as if it's a better change from their usual routine of joining the Vanilla server. As I was in the server, I have heard people ask for more things to be added and of course, there is a lot of time needed to do things like this.

Some suggestions have come up from the people who are waiting for the round to end:

-Add a Gun Store to the Point Shop which allows you to buy a gun for that certain round (10 pts for AK, 8 pts for Silenced M4, etc)

-Jihad
-Skins and more hats
-Flashbangs
-More custom weapons

Also, other players have also been asking for new maps to be added now with the new traitor/detective weapons and equipment that you can buy from the traitor store.

Some of these maps include:

-de_dolls
-ttt_krustykrab
-ttt_siege
-ttt_space_station

Nuclear Onion
10 Mar 2014, 07:19pm
Are flashbangs t weapons or just normal nades that you can find anywhere?

bfbc2rox
10 Mar 2014, 07:23pm
More Detective weapons becuase the T weapons are op

Extreme Potatoes
10 Mar 2014, 07:24pm
Are flashbangs t weapons or just normal nades that you can find anywhere?

If they were to be added, they should be a traitor weapon. It could be used in a situation where you knife someone, throw the flash and get out of there. If it were just a nade people could pick up, people would spam them all round and it would be very annoying.

capp'n
10 Mar 2014, 07:29pm
Jihads: If we were going to do jihads, we can't have it to blow up a giant radius.
Skins and hats: Can make people leave for the long downloads
Custom weapons: I'd be down for this idea if they aren't as OP as something like the poison dart gun or katana

Jake
10 Mar 2014, 07:34pm
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133414492&searchtext=ttt

Posion and health nades.

bfbc2rox
10 Mar 2014, 07:42pm
-Need a normal AWP,P90
-Powerups
-Jetpacks for the detectives and traitors
-Fake health stations
-More Accessories
-Stun nade
-Jihads
-Fake Deaths for Traitors
-All the CSS weapons

Nuclear Onion
10 Mar 2014, 07:47pm
If they were to be added, they should be a traitor weapon. It could be used in a situation where you knife someone, throw the flash and get out of there. If it were just a nade people could pick up, people would spam them all round and it would be very annoying.

That's good, I was thinking the same way with the spam. I agree with i'd say everything but the maps (Because i've not seen them yet)

Extreme Potatoes
10 Mar 2014, 07:49pm
-Need a normal AWP and P250
-Powerups
-Fake health stations
-More Accessories
-disguiser for Detectives
-Stun nade
-Jihads

I disagree with the disguiser for detectives. Perhaps you would want to elaborate on it, because all I can see is innocents shooting them up thinking they are disguised traitors and losing karma. This is a horrible idea.

Goku
10 Mar 2014, 08:08pm
Jihads: If we were going to do jihads, we can't have it to blow up a giant radius.
Skins and hats: Can make people leave for the long downloads
Custom weapons: I'd be down for this idea if they aren't as OP as something like the poison dart gun or katana

funny story about the poison dart. I was playing on a server with it, and keeping in mind I really only play SG TTT so I've never been hit by one before. Well, the guy used it on me and it was just him and me. I had no clue wtf was happening. He picked up my now knocked out body (we were on 67thway) and drug it down to the basement and somehow I managed to regain consciousness and killed him :3 He was quite upset.

Also for the disguised detective I agree with potatoes. Seems not only bad and would lead to an easy death, but fucking retarded and pointless. Unless you mean it makes their name appear as a regular innocent and not as a detective, but still fucking retarded.

Agree with the skins and shit leading to longer downloads.

About jihad. Some servers have it where you actually have to pull it out, charge it then use it. And the radius doesn't seem all that long depending on the bomb. Best thing if we do get jihad, which I think we should, would be to test a few our and pick.

XeNo
10 Mar 2014, 09:50pm
-Add a Gun Store to the Point Shop which allows you to buy a gun for that certain round (10 pts for AK, 8 pts for Silenced M4, etc)
This is already planned, I just need to sit down and take the time to do it. You have to manually make each one.

-Jihad
Planned to be put in, I wasn't sure considering our all-vanilla-playing player base whether or not it would go over well. Range and such will be obviously adjusted.

-Skins and more hats
People keep saying to put models in, but I have to say it increases download time for new players by about 5 times as long. Not to mention, they make TTT not even feel like TTT anymore (moreso than hats) simply because instead of "KoS Xeno" it's "KOS Master Chief" or whatever skin you have, because you can't disguise away from it, and usually if you have plenty of models you may be the only one there with that skin. Makes you easier to spot, harder to hide (Some models stick through walls if you crouch in a corner) and makes the disguiser an entirely useless weapon.

-Flashbangs
-More custom weapons
Custom weapons possibly, the problem is that there's not a "massive custom weapons that are already balanced" pack anywhere out there. So we get issues like the aug or ak47 (Before I changed them today) where the weapons are so overpowered that they're all that is used.

That being said, even if we got more weapons there's still only going to be 4-5 weapons that are used all the time, those being the better weapons. I can't balance all of them and inevitably, the galil is going to fire slower and do less damage than an AK, and a deagle will always do more dmg and be able to 1-hit headshot over a USP. The guns that are worse just simply won't be used, and we would have armed every map with them for basically no reason.

Also, other players have also been asking for new maps to be added now with the new traitor/detective weapons and equipment that you can buy from the traitor store.
Currently looking for new detective items. Traitor weapons are so easy to find and as it is I already have plans to put in Jihad which means 4-5 custom Traitor weapons to Detective's having only one currently. The maps you listed are already planned to put on. Just have to arm.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133414492&searchtext=ttt

Posion and health nades.
I like health nades idea.

-Need a normal AWP,P250,P90
-Powerups
-Fake health stations
-More Accessories
-Stun nade
-Jihads
-Fake Deaths for Traitors
-All the CSS weapons
Normal awp will be made, I want to find a new model to use for silenced rifle. Also have plans to nerf the silenced rifle as it is. Currently it's been nerfed to have higher delay time. (Have to wait 5 seconds between each shot)
Powerups - No idea what I may do with this. I have considered faster movespeed, or low grav, something like that to be added to powerups. Buying Traitor/Detective rounds will be added.
Jetpacks - No. We have grapple hooks.
Accessories - See above.
Stun nade - No.
Jihads - See above.
Painstations may be added if I find more D items.
Fake deaths for Traitors - No, completely ruins the game in my opinion, and traitors don't need every advantage in the world. See Vanilla TTT for why.
-All CSS weapons - No, it would take a really long time and as stated above almost 75% will never be used/liked/wanted.

harro
10 Mar 2014, 10:50pm
Pls, no jihad

pls.

Nasu
11 Mar 2014, 05:37am
Jihad sucks. We already have 1 hit knife that's enough unavoidable dying

Neptune
11 Mar 2014, 07:05am
no jihad thanks, but if you do make the range so short you havr to hug them to kill them

Frosty
11 Mar 2014, 11:23am
do you still need temple armed? I will do any other maps if needed.

Goku
11 Mar 2014, 11:50am

Here ya go frosty:
http://www.fluoridealert.org/wp-content/uploads/istock_glass-of-water.gif

On a serious note; I think jihad is fun personally. I really don't get that mad when used on me and enjoy using it. I think it's kinda unfair to compare it to the one hit knife. For starters you can throw the damn knife and get people. And the biggest thing is it only affects one person. Both can be used in different scenarios. With the knife, you fuck up one inno's day and can live to fuck up another's. With jihad you fuck up someone's day and that's it. Depending on the radius it could be one person, could be five. I mean, c4 does the same thing. You hear it and you run to the hills or try to stop it. Most of the time when I've played on servers with jihad, it rarely kills more than two people. I even used it in the t tester room on 67th and barely got anyone.

As for different scenarios, you wouldn't use your jihad on some random inno by himself at the barn on 67th or some random inno by himself near the acid pit on roy the ship. You'd use your knife.

Don't see any harm in adding a jihad, granted the radius is low enough and it doesn't prove to be OP.

harro
11 Mar 2014, 01:33pm
Here ya go frosty:
http://www.fluoridealert.org/wp-content/uploads/istock_glass-of-water.gif

On a serious note; I think jihad is fun personally. I really don't get that mad when used on me and enjoy using it. I think it's kinda unfair to compare it to the one hit knife. For starters you can throw the damn knife and get people. And the biggest thing is it only affects one person. Both can be used in different scenarios. With the knife, you fuck up one inno's day and can live to fuck up another's. With jihad you fuck up someone's day and that's it. Depending on the radius it could be one person, could be five. I mean, c4 does the same thing. You hear it and you run to the hills or try to stop it. Most of the time when I've played on servers with jihad, it rarely kills more than two people. I even used it in the t tester room on 67th and barely got anyone.

As for different scenarios, you wouldn't use your jihad on some random inno by himself at the barn on 67th or some random inno by himself near the acid pit on roy the ship. You'd use your knife.

Don't see any harm in adding a jihad, granted the radius is low enough and it doesn't prove to be OP.

The point of being traitor in TTT is to kill people and get away with it. It's a game about being skilled enough to kill people without being killed. Jihad is the complete opposite of that. It's dumb and adds no purpose to the game. I don't know what's fun or satisfying about being able to run up to someone, pressing a button, and then sitting in spectate with them for the remainder of the round besides getting a cheap laugh.

Also if you throw your knife as a serious attempt to try to kill people you are bad at the game.

Goku
11 Mar 2014, 01:49pm
The point of being traitor in TTT is to kill people and get away with it. It's a game about being skilled enough to kill people without being killed. Jihad is the complete opposite of that. It's dumb and adds no purpose to the game. I don't know what's fun or satisfying about being able to run up to someone, pressing a button, and then sitting in spectate with them for the remainder of the round besides getting a cheap laugh.

Also if you throw your knife as a serious attempt to try to kill people you are bad at the game.

I find fun and humor in the "OH MY G-" and they die. Also I've seen people throw the knife and be very successful from a distance.

international killer
11 Mar 2014, 07:15pm
we need bass cannons! please

Zaraki
11 Mar 2014, 08:39pm
T - Trip Mines

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118687122&searchtext=ttt
--

I heard there's a Radio Jammer that blocks chat/mics for 15 secs.. that would be cool!

Goku
11 Mar 2014, 09:16pm
T - Trip Mines

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118687122&searchtext=ttt
--

I heard there's a Radio Jammer that blocks chat/mics for 15 secs.. that would be cool!

Already have trip mines.

As for jammer, not sure I'd be cool with that. Assuming it only affects living, cuz if it messed with dead I'd be pretty pissed, but even then I could see some major issue with that. People thinking something is wrong with the server or some shit and leaving and maybe possible crashes.

Extreme Potatoes
15 Mar 2014, 06:48pm
Another thing came up, someone had talked about there being a portable tester which is a one-time use thing only. I wouldn't mind giving that a try.

Also, another idea had popped in my head while playing in the server. I wondered if people could donate and get credits on the CSS servers, why can't they donate and get credits on the Custom TTT server? The amount of credits per dollar doesn't have to be the same, but I'm sure some people would like to do this.

XeNo
15 Mar 2014, 09:05pm
Erpdates:

-Fixed tripwire and turret icons in traitor menu, they have icons now. (Not sure if any others are bugged with purple/black)

-Tested adding weapons to Pointshop, works for the most part, buying/selling a bit weird and will have to work with it to fix. <- Should be fixed now.

-Going to add remaining weapons to pointshop, along with ammo section to buy ammo for said weapons.

-Powerups section now contains Traitor/Detective rounds purchasable. Be advised, currently you can buy these mid-round and they do not work properly, and may make you waste points in doing so. ONLY BUY THESE DURING PREGAME OF THE ROUND YOU WANT THE ROLE. There's a known glitch that if you buy traitor round and you are selected as a detective that round, your name will appear blue on scoreboard then go away a second later. There is literally no way to change this and you just have to run the risk of it happening. It should not be very common.

-Galil and Famas have been changed, more spread and famas has more recoil. So far no one has mentioned whether or not they are still imbalanced.

-Several people have offered to arm custom TTT maps, which I will consider if I can't handle it myself. For now I'm just remembering who they are in case I need them.

XeNo
16 Mar 2014, 08:48pm
More updates:

-All guns and ammo have been added to pointshop, the backpack thing put in heads/hats category just because it's pointless to have one category for one item. May rearrange if we get more items.

-Pointshop now gives points every 10 minutes, as well as awards points when you kill someone you're supposed to kill, and lose points when you "rdm" or kill someone you shouldn't have. More points are awarded for killing a detective as a traitor than points awarded for killing innocents.

Upcoming updates:
-Flare gun will get a new model so it doesn't look like a magnum.
-Detective items.
-New model for silenced 1 hit sniper.
-AWP to become another weapon, it will not be armed into any map and will only spawn on random weapon generating locations. Will have slower fire speed, but higher damage and slightly better accuracy than the scout. Most likely plan to make it a two hit kill weapon.

Zaraki
20 Mar 2014, 03:50pm
Thanks for the hard work Xenoboy ^^