PDA

View Full Version : Props missing???

SpikedRocker
2 Jun 2008, 03:14pm
I have placed some props they show up in hammer but when i run the map they are not there.
The AWOL Props are:
Half of my boxes(crates) are missing
Cargo Containers
Oil Barrels
Half of my concrete bag stacks

I've stopped construction till I fix this problem so I won't have so much to redo if i need to. So if there are any ideas that would be great and if you want to take a peek at my hammer file, I'll send it to you.

Ok some of the problem is prop_static vs. prop_physics. I am still a bit confused why some props show up then others don't when they are the same prop and have the same entity. If someone can point me towards a list of props and what entities they should use that would be most helpful!

Thanks in advance!

SGT_kick_ur_ass
3 Jun 2008, 03:53pm
You're most likley using the wrong entity. When viewing the props in the Model Browser, click on the Info Tab to view which entities support that model.

SpikedRocker
3 Jun 2008, 04:50pm
You're most likley using the wrong entity. When viewing the props in the Model Browser, click on the Info Tab to view which entities support that model.

Thanks much, that was very helpful. In the info tab and it has 2 entities checked, how do you know which one you need? Trial and error will work but if theres a simpler way of knowing that is also helpful.

SGT_kick_ur_ass
3 Jun 2008, 04:57pm
If theres more than one entity checked, then the model works for both. Usually, each model should have at least 2 checked, one being either physics or static, and the other being dynamic.

SpikedRocker
3 Jun 2008, 06:33pm
Thanks again! You've helped tons!