PDA

View Full Version : Insurgency Server

Extreme Potatoes
4 Feb 2014, 04:11pm
As some of you may know, Insurgency came out almost 2 weeks ago. Since then, it has become a growing game, with a lot of pretty good reviews. This game is growing, and deserves more attention then it already has. So far, the trailers have displayed this as a mind-blowing FPS. Some people described the multiplayer as a similar multiplayer style such as some of the Counter-Strike games. I believe if we had a server for this game, it would be very successful. Currently, the game is on Steam for $15.

Here are some trailers of the game itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVvXBtj03xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8giVQVTHrI

Also, I added a video of the multiplayer gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQKT9vqZQ6U

Motox
4 Feb 2014, 09:53pm
I've seen gameplay of this before, and also seen it up on the steam homepage several times. It definitely does have a Counter-Strike resemblance in it and seeing how we are a primarily CS based community I think a server for this fast-growing game would be a good addition to SG. If an SG server goes up, I'll definitely buy the game for myself.

ShoieP
4 Feb 2014, 09:58pm
I've played this when it was still a 'mod'.
It was fun but never warranted a return of any sort.
Nevertheless, SG is looking for some new servers to get, right?
I think this could be one of them. It's a new game and could draw in some more players to the community.

omarfire00
4 Feb 2014, 10:06pm
Sure does look like a very entertaining game and would be good boost to our servers, if we were to have one.

Prez
4 Feb 2014, 11:00pm
Looks pretty nice, could make an awesome server. :D

harro
4 Feb 2014, 11:23pm
I think we should get a count of how many people in SG actually currently play or would be willing to play this game before we actually invest in it. As far as I know, nobody in this thread actually has the game right now, and nobody really bothered regularly playing the mod before the standalone came out.

Zaraki
5 Feb 2014, 01:32am
So how much will it cost to play this game?
After buying Rust and Starbound without playing them, i'll wait until there is an actual server and it's filled up instead of beeing one of the first to notice that it's a waste of money. It's 15$, not a cheap game for most of the people :/

I mean, we have 5 people (including me) who are saying "yes". I feel we go too lightly over the point of us saying "yeah make the server", because maybe 2 people are going to buy the game and maybe 1 will try to populate the server.

I think that we should have atleast enough people with the game to fill the server (like 20) before we can create a community suggestion to make one..
Because at the moment, this server has no chance of existing :)

So, who has the game already?
This is a build-up from what harro said, because it's obvious to state that this is no way of trying to create a server.

I think that the higher-ups should create a pre-set form to ask a server creation and ask for atleast 10 names that have the game, if you don't have those.. It's pretty much said

Spyder
5 Feb 2014, 06:36am
So how much will it cost to play this game?
After buying Rust and Starbound without playing them, i'll wait until there is an actual server and it's filled up instead of beeing one of the first to notice that it's a waste of money. It's 15$, not a cheap game for most of the people :/

I mean, we have 5 people (including me) who are saying "yes". I feel we go too lightly over the point of us saying "yeah make the server", because maybe 2 people are going to buy the game and maybe 1 will try to populate the server.

I think that we should have atleast enough people with the game to fill the server (like 20) before we can create a community suggestion to make one..
Because at the moment, this server has no chance of existing :)

So, who has the game already?
This is a build-up from what harro said, because it's obvious to state that this is no way of trying to create a server.

I think that the higher-ups should create a pre-set form to ask a server creation and ask for atleast 10 names that have the game, if you don't have those.. It's pretty much said

Agreed^ the only problem I have/that I can see is what Zaraki said. Maybe a few people will buy the game and 1 or 2 people will try to populate the server.

This happened with our Rust server, a whole bunch of people played it at first and now nobody does. It's all because we had maybe 5-10 people trying to populate it and there were 100 slots. Then eventually after days trying to populate it, everyone got tired and burned out from the game so people stopped playing the server, and newcomers see a 100 slot server with only 10 people and they go to a different one.

TL;DR Everyone gave up after being killed a bunch of times and now it's dead. :(

ExileD
5 Feb 2014, 05:09pm
But haven't Insurgency been out for years? Now ima confused. I am torn between a yes and no since I am in doubt that the server ever will be populated, honestly I don't think I would play it too much.

Extreme Potatoes
5 Feb 2014, 05:34pm
But haven't Insurgency been out for years? Now ima confused. I am torn between a yes and no since I am in doubt that the server ever will be populated, honestly I don't think I would play it too much.

It was a HL2 mod before it become a standalone.

starbucks
5 Feb 2014, 05:58pm
sg hopped on the rust bandwagon way too late and if insurgency is really growing that fast, it might be a good idea to set up a server asap rocky

high rws
9 Feb 2014, 11:09am
might be worth the gamble, look how ns2 turned out

Vy
9 Feb 2014, 01:08pm
Kind of looks like a call of duty game.

floffypus
11 Feb 2014, 08:59am
I remember playing INSURGENCY: Modern Infantry Combat which is free few years back. And i must say it was quite fun, but i doubt a server in this game would do very well.

SilentGuns
13 Feb 2014, 06:23am
If only I had the game...

Also what is the modder community like for this game? I doubt regular insurgency would do very well, it looks slightly similar to counter-strike or like a lot of other shooters out there.

Elemental
13 Feb 2014, 11:04am
No money to buy, no PC to run it on, looks too much like CoD :/
I'd say no, for now

Shadowex3
16 Feb 2014, 02:06am
If it's run by the same people that did the mod then it'll likely implode in short order, the developers were shitheads second only to Natural Selection and Sony. We're talking about people stupid enough not only to do a fileplanet-only release, not only to release a game so broken that one of the main classes couldn't even reload, but dumb enough to implement a feature that punished you for being anywhere near your own teammates.

Zaraki
16 Feb 2014, 03:47am
I trust ShadowEx knows alot more of this game and therefore believe that making a server of this game is a waste of funds and the time of our Higher-ups, that have a lot of work as it is i presume.

The suggestion was good, we need to try to innovate and discussion is a part of that. That's how good we are doing at beeing a community ;)