PDA

View Full Version : Slightly longer rounds PB Server

Elemental
19 Jan 2014, 05:21pm
So I've been noticing that the rounds seem to be just a tad bit too short most of the time, especially with LRs.
More often than not when I get to the point of LR there is no time anymore to actually do the LR.

So basically, my suggestion is: Make the rounds maybe like 30/45 seconds longer, or maybe implement !lr mod command thing so the LRs can be executed more quickly (Such as noscope fight, gun toss, etc)

capp'n
19 Jan 2014, 05:23pm
You have to be the worst t to get to lrs.

Elemental
19 Jan 2014, 05:34pm
You have to be the worst t to get to lrs.

Maybe some T's don't always feel like rebabbling.

ShoieP
19 Jan 2014, 05:45pm
Round times used to be 5:00 instead of 4:00.

I prefer rounds to stay at 4:00 though.

There are both people who oppose extending or decreasing round times.

IMO, I think it's fine how it is currently.

capp'n
19 Jan 2014, 06:09pm
Doesn't the !lr plugin delay the round even when it has reached 0:00? That could be a problem as well.

Elemental
19 Jan 2014, 06:11pm
Doesn't the !lr plugin delay the round even when it has reached 0:00? That could be a problem as well.

Yeah, that's unfortunate, 100% sure some random kids are gonna abuse that if it were implemented

Motox
19 Jan 2014, 06:45pm
Rounds can tend to seem short, but I agree with ShoiePeePee. The time limit does seem to be adequate how it is. They're also those assholes who make you stay in one area for the whole round, so I'd prefer not to stay there longer than I'd have to.

Lupin
19 Jan 2014, 07:32pm
Allowing freekilling= Faster rounds imo.

Anyways longer rounds = longer dead people have to wait for some of the people on PB not wanting to do anything for a good 3 minutes and drain out the clock.

Strawberry
21 Jan 2014, 12:45am
Allowing freekilling= Faster rounds imo.

New Rule

i think the timer is good as it is, maybe short a couple times. but shit happens

BoM
21 Jan 2014, 05:11am
Again the time can be short, but it essentially regulates the server. It keeps people from trolling and taking too long to do an LR or just plain camp. Also the LR plugin sucks, it has always sucked, and always gets shot down when brought up. pew fucking pew

On that note: 5 minute time wouldn't hurt. Right now I'm sure the rounds seem short because I'm pretty sure the server settings broke the auto open at 4 for most maps. D:

Prez
21 Jan 2014, 02:09pm
Personally I don't think that the rounds are really short but I only just started playing pb again recently :p Upping the time by a minute wouldn't be too bad, esp. considering what BoM said about the auto-open being broken (I'm pretty sure it is :c).

Vy
25 Jan 2014, 03:58am
No, because of kids that lick the cts ass rounds are already too long.

BlackEagle
25 Jan 2014, 08:53am
On that note: 5 minute time wouldn't hurt. Right now I'm sure the rounds seem short because I'm pretty sure the server settings broke the auto open at 4 for most maps. D:

I believe they auto open at 3:30. The maps are set up to auto open 60 seconds after the round start because every server runs different round times.

But I agree. Everything is fine. It was even reduced to 4:30 to help save some wasted time. Unless pb has drastically changed in the last two weeks the rounds times have been set perfectly.

Spyder
25 Jan 2014, 10:37am
The only problem I find with the timing is sometimes (most of the time) the CTs take FOREVER to open cells, make orders, make new orders, etc. Other than that i don't think there's a problem with how long the rounds are. If you have longer rounds, it's not gonna be very fun to play on. That's what I find with TTT. Yeah, it gives the traitors a hell of a lot of time to kill people, but if you die in the first few minutes then you basically sit on the bench for 6-7 minutes.

BoM
25 Jan 2014, 12:04pm
Auto open hasn't worked when I played recently. #famegame

Sent from my carrier pigeon

BlackEagle
25 Jan 2014, 12:16pm
Auto open hasn't worked when I played recently. #famegame

Sent from my carrier pigeon

Hmm that is odd. Not sure why it would be like that.

Spyder
25 Jan 2014, 12:28pm
Auto open never works when I play x: