PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla TTT

ScubaToaster
13 Jan 2014, 08:55pm
You know what fucking sucks? Vanilla ice cream.

No but seriously we should change TTT from vanilla to one that includes mods. Mods are admittedly annoying at times and can certainly be cheap if they're something like a jihad vest but they introduce a larger variance of experience which is what your average player is looking for anyways.

At the moment the server is stale and while it attracts a decent amount of players it could always have room for improvement.

Psyche is a faggo

starbucks
13 Jan 2014, 09:09pm
At the moment the server is stale and while it attracts a decent amount of players it could always have room for improvement.

Or we could just have it 24/7 ttt_minecraft with every mod available and have the server full of 12 year olds 24/7.

Octa
13 Jan 2014, 09:26pm
Locked for pointlessness. If you want to make an actual suggestion, make an actual suggestion

Psyche
13 Jan 2014, 09:29pm
the suggestion isnt pointless, he just had secret text

Octa
13 Jan 2014, 09:31pm
the suggestion isnt pointless, he just had secret text

well now I feel stupid. And I honestly don't know how I didn't notice that

Shame on you scuba

XeNo
14 Jan 2014, 11:50am
An idea I would rather entertain is setting up a second TTT server that is not Vanilla, and leaving the vanilla server for those that like it.

Several regs play there because it is Vanilla.

Since we are in process of removing some dead servers, this seems like a good idea to give a go.

ScubaToaster
14 Jan 2014, 11:54am
An idea I would rather entertain is setting up a second TTT server that is not Vanilla, and leaving the vanilla server for those that like it.

Several regs play there because it is Vanilla.

Since we are in process of removing some dead servers, this seems like a good idea to give a go.

Inb4 it ends up like our other PB server.

XeNo
14 Jan 2014, 12:10pm
Inb4 it ends up like our other PB server.
It wouldn't be two identical servers though?

In theory, our regs and others who like Vanilla will keep the original populated while Custom TTT attracts a different player base. Either way it's better to have both servers instead of changing the original and possibly losing players, yeah?

BoM
14 Jan 2014, 01:10pm
It wouldn't be two identical servers though?

the two PB servers weren't identical either sherlock.

XeNo
14 Jan 2014, 01:41pm
How were they different?

I never played PB that often.

Frosty
14 Jan 2014, 01:46pm
I don't see a problem with adding a few things to the current TTT server, as long as it doesn't get bloated with a bunch of crap that people will forget about in a week. I think another game mode should be a second GMod server.

Zaraki
14 Jan 2014, 02:18pm
I don't see a problem with adding a few things to the current TTT server, as long as it doesn't get bloated with a bunch of crap that people will forget about in a week. I think another game mode should be a second GMod server.

Garry's Mod: Murder :)

Frosty
14 Jan 2014, 02:21pm
Garry's Mod: Murder :)

The last time I played that game mode it was basically TTT but only the murderer and one innocent got a weapon, was pretty bad. (we need morbus)

Wrong thread though, there are a few other threads for gmod servers.

Dirk
14 Jan 2014, 02:24pm
Quite literally last time I was on TTT there was a conversation about why they like that SG's TTT server is vanilla. I would highly suggest that the server be left as is.

Goku
14 Jan 2014, 02:57pm
How were they different?

Only thing different was that it was older maps for the oldfags to have their fun on "back in the day" maps. Server was always dead. Guess memories like that are best kept in the past rather than trying to relive them.

I agree with not fucking with the current server. SG's TTT server is the only TTT server I play because it is vanilla. Other servers go overkill with custom shit and pretty soon you have missing textures, long ass download times and a bunch of cluster fuck that can be intimidating to a newer player. I've always liked vanilla ttt over custom.

I don't really see much of a demand for custom on the server, I know I haven't played much the past 2 weeks (health concerns, long story) but the server is usually pretty active throughout the day minus early in the morning and late at night.

If there's enough interest within the community, and as it was already pointed out that some server are being cleared out due to inactivity, I don't see any harm in adding a second TTT server that is custom. Only problem I might see is that it might split our current active TTT regs between the two servers.

I know in the past we talked about a second TTT server and generally the major arguement against was one would be full and the other dead due to ppl wanting to play with their friends. Granted the proposed server was due to the server being full 24/7 and a long waiting list.

TBH, trial and error is what I suggest.

Octa
14 Jan 2014, 05:02pm
How were they different?

One was always empty because there was basically no difference between the two servers. Duh.

SilentGuns
14 Jan 2014, 05:32pm
I demand hats.

capp'n
14 Jan 2014, 05:39pm
I demand hats.

if we get hats, i sure as hell want this http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121148

XeNo
14 Jan 2014, 07:07pm
If a second TTT server is approved, more than likely I would be attending to it as I have been recently with the Vanilla server. Spartan's busy with real life things and what not else being PO, and he doesn't seem to mind too much with what I've done to it so far.

That being the case, I would not make it an overboard custom TTT server. Main reason being that downloads are waayyy too long for some custom TTT servers, and also because the more custom things you put on, the more imbalanced the game of TTT gets.

The major thing would be trial and error with each new custom item/addon. Things like jihad and Detective weapons and what not would have to be adjusted here and there to make them more balanced and fair, which in all likelihood things could be adjusted and end up even more unfair.

The point being, a second "Custom TTT" server would have a rough start and I hope people are aware that it won't be perfect the first few weeks.

ExileD
16 Jan 2014, 03:29am
If someones running around with some fancy hat on (or trail for that sake) it would make him really easy to identify, it is gonna be 3 times harder to be a T if stuff such as hats is gonna be added (of course it is your choice whetever to use them or not). I see balance issues on pretty much any modded TTT server which is why I only play vanilla, but I guess it is possible to make it somewhat balanced. As long as the vanilla server stays I don't mind a modded server.

Psyche
17 Jan 2014, 06:30am
pretty sure having a second TTT server with custom content would bring in a lot of new players, this way we get the people who come to the server for vanilla in server one and people who want a customized TTT can go in the other.

Just have to make sure we add the right stuff because a lot of the custom stuff is OP as fuck, like that fucking poison dart gun.

imbalanced
30 Jan 2014, 08:14pm
That being the case, I would not make it an overboard custom TTT server. Main reason being that downloads are waayyy too long for some custom TTT servers, and also because the more custom things you put on, the more imbalanced the game of TTT gets.

DID SOMEONE CALL FOR ME???

Zaraki
31 Jan 2014, 03:41am
pretty sure having a second TTT server with custom content would bring in a lot of new players, this way we get the people who come to the server for vanilla in server one and people who want a customized TTT can go in the other.

Just have to make sure we add the right stuff because a lot of the custom stuff is OP as fuck, like that fucking poison dart gun.

I say that we focus on the Morbus and TTT server. We can indeed offer custom extras on another server, but waiting a month won't hurt us. To see how it all evolves, and if Morbus won't steal our TTT playerbase.

At the moment, a prop server and servers with extra game mods for Gmod look really worth investing.

XeNo
31 Jan 2014, 07:04am
I say that we focus on the Morbus and TTT server. We can indeed offer custom extras on another server, but waiting a month won't hurt us. To see how it all evolves, and if Morbus won't steal our TTT playerbase.

At the moment, a prop server and servers with extra game mods for Gmod look really worth investing.
Morbus won't steal TTT playerbase because it's being populated on its own for the most part.

A majority of the players that are in that server end up being randoms.

Zaraki
31 Jan 2014, 09:05am
Morbus won't steal TTT playerbase because it's being populated on its own for the most part.

Do we see an increase of forum members after the server was made btw?? I'm sure you guys know.

If the Morbus is constantly full btw, create an extra one to increase the playerbase and we can regress to one server once the hype is over ;)

Octa
31 Jan 2014, 10:20am
Do we see an increase of forum members after the server was made btw?? I'm sure you guys know.

If the Morbus is constantly full btw, create an extra one to increase the playerbase and we can regress to one server once the hype is over ;)

Well it's empty like every time I want to join, so I don't think we need another server. As far as new forum members, those probably wont come until we get some regulars on the server instead of random new people

Yuno
31 Jan 2014, 02:24pm

Any update on the custom TTT server? It hasn't been up in awhile and I had some fun on it last time it was up.

XeNo
31 Jan 2014, 06:49pm
I need to stop being lazy, but I am getting busy from work and college so I haven't worked on it. I will try and get something going this weekend.

The Slaughterhouse
31 Jan 2014, 09:31pm
Can someone give me the IP of the custom one since i'm too lazy to find it myself?

Even if it isn't up, I would still like it for when it is.

XeNo
1 Feb 2014, 09:09am
It's the IP for the old cinema server.

Zaraki
1 Feb 2014, 09:47am
It's the IP for the old cinema server.

XeNo, got high hopes for the Morbus server? And are there big changes coming very soon? Apart from vb5. ;)