PDA

View Full Version : SWTOR - Star Wars the Old Republic

ExileD
3 Jan 2014, 11:00am
For those (if any) that is already playing it I will sum this short so you don't have to read a wall of text - I need someone to play wz's with and hopefully arena's. Please add me in-game on following chars (The Red Eclipse EU, might transfer to TOFN):

Klaira - 52 Marauder
Ozék - 52 (or 51) Juggernaut
Vindicatorr - 55 Sorcerer
Karzawa - 55 Guardian
Waróth - 55 Commando
Ma'ii - 14 Operative

I have a single in-active US char on POT5:

X'orr - 50 Sentinel

So to explain what SWTOR is; it can be considered a follow up on KOTOR 2, despite lots of plot holes. Biggest difference is that this is a MMO and not just a RPG game. But I have no interest whatsoever in the story, only PvP.

Some of the few peoples that might know this game likely quit prior to game update 1.2 or prior to 1.4 (due to lack of content), I can say the game have improved alot since then. I personally quit the game prior to game update 2.0 and returned here recently, PvP have improved vastly in my opinion and for the PvE and dozen of new operations and flashpoints (equivalent to dungeons, just different name). Since the game have gone F2P I would strongly recommend a revisit.

I have one big recommendation; don't use the PvP forums for advice it is filled with rambling fools to say it softly, they either copy/paste answers or base them on theory not on actual facts.

Oh and despite what is said on SWTOR's site you need at least 4 GB ram to play the game properly for PvP, you can do basic leveling and flashpoints (not operations) on 2 GB.

Since the game have gone F2P you won't have to worry to much about monthly payment.

Whetever or not your willing to play - I'd like to known your opinions on the game.

EDIT: I am currently leveling alts please PM me here on the forums, thank you.

Octa
7 Jan 2014, 04:54pm
Amazing game, used to play it, but IMO got boring fast unless you were playing with friends. Love it for the story lines, but the game itself can be really laggy to the point where its not worth playing.

ExileD
7 Jan 2014, 06:06pm
Amazing game, used to play it, but IMO got boring fast unless you were playing with friends. Love it for the story lines, but the game itself can be really laggy to the point where its not worth playing.

I played the game since launch and back then there where pretty much no max level content which I agree got boring really fast. But they sure have added alot of new content for both PVE and PVP here the past half year. Imo the game have become worth to play and even worth paying for.

And the game really ain't laggy if you have 4gb ram+, but the game sure needs a little more optimization.

Spyder
7 Jan 2014, 10:40pm
Lawl, I did play it all the time with my older cousin, but I only have a level 32 Sith Warrior. It's a pretty fun game, I only stopped playing after my cousin moved out of my house.

- spyder

ExileD
8 Jan 2014, 01:20pm
Lawl, I did play it all the time with my older cousin, but I only have a level 32 Sith Warrior. It's a pretty fun game, I only stopped playing after my cousin moved out of my house.

- spyder

I like to enjoy the storylines alone, makes it more interesting imo. And noone stops you from playing it again :P

bigt4203
11 Jan 2014, 01:49pm
I have a 55 Sentinal I use for PVE stuff. I use my lower level slinger for PVP. Slinger damage so op...

ExileD
11 Jan 2014, 07:43pm
I have a 55 Sentinal I use for PVE stuff. I use my lower level slinger for PVP. Slinger damage so op...

Slinger sure hits hard but they can't cope with LOS. Sentinel focus is currently OP in pugs as well, all that aoe damage.

Spyder
11 Jan 2014, 08:06pm
I like to enjoy the storylines alone, makes it more interesting imo. And noone stops you from playing it again :P

Yeah, I just don't feel like playing it :3 it's not really fun to me anymore /:

- spyder

bigt4203
12 Jan 2014, 09:27am
Slinger sure hits hard but they can't cope with LOS. Sentinel focus is currently OP in pugs as well, all that aoe damage.

I have my sentinal specced in Watchman from the old days. It comes in handy for HM OPs since the constant stream of DPS from the burns and heals is still semi-useful, even though the healing was nerfed it seems. And the LOS issue with slingers does get annoying on maps like huttball, but on voidstar, it's just way to easy to get top damage. The pushback is also a pretty troll on the bridge >:D

ExileD
12 Jan 2014, 01:28pm
I have my sentinal specced in Watchman from the old days. It comes in handy for HM OPs since the constant stream of DPS from the burns and heals is still semi-useful, even though the healing was nerfed it seems. And the LOS issue with slingers does get annoying on maps like huttball, but on voidstar, it's just way to easy to get top damage. The pushback is also a pretty troll on the bridge >:D

Popping hunker down (20 seconds CC and knock back immunity, not sure if it is called hunker down on slinger) on bridge on waiting for the assassins to try and knock you back is pretty funny. And imo combat is better for PVE on the sentinel, it is also pretty effective in PVP.

bigt4203
12 Jan 2014, 06:33pm
Popping hunker down (20 seconds CC and knock back immunity, not sure if it is called hunker down on slinger) on bridge on waiting for the assassins to try and knock you back is pretty funny. And imo combat is better for PVE on the sentinel, it is also pretty effective in PVP.

It depends on what you want to do. Combat has the spike damage which is good for clearing trash mobs, also has a slighter better defense. Watchman has constant damage, good for boss fights. It also has self and group heals which can help out depending on what you are doing. And Focus has the AOE damage if that's how you like to play, works well in PVP and PVE.

ExileD
12 Jan 2014, 07:36pm
It depends on what you want to do. Combat has the spike damage which is good for clearing trash mobs, also has a slighter better defense. Watchman has constant damage, good for boss fights. It also has self and group heals which can help out depending on what you are doing. And Focus has the AOE damage if that's how you like to play, works well in PVP and PVE.

Focus really isn't good in PVE, it just can't keep up with Watchman and Combat, but it is really derpy for PVP. If you do NiM and HM raids spec is really important, for SM it doesn't matter at all.

bigt4203
12 Jan 2014, 09:32pm
Focus really isn't good in PVE, it just can't keep up with Watchman and Combat, but it is really derpy for PVP. If you do NiM and HM raids spec is really important, for SM it doesn't matter at all.

I've actually seen people run Focus in HM raids and do fine. It's not ideal but they make it work. But AOE attacks are generally frowned upon in raids since it could accidentally hit a CC'ed mob.

ExileD
12 Jan 2014, 10:01pm
I've actually seen people run Focus in HM raids and do fine. It's not ideal but they make it work. But AOE attacks are generally frowned upon in raids since it could accidentally hit a CC'ed mob.

Well it depends on which raid and which gear, if everyone is having min/maxed gear you could pretty much run any team setup. Focus just aren't optimal for PVE, pretty much any other spec out performs it.

Elemental
14 Jan 2014, 04:16am
Loved the storylines, but got boring REALLY fast, had a max level sorcerer, got bored, started RPing, got even boreder and quit xD