PDA

View Full Version : How about a scoutknifz and a bhop sever

Madd26
1 Jan 2014, 05:14pm
I think it would be a great idea for a bhop sever and scout knifes sever :reason there are so many bhopers that play minigames and deathrun so why cant we have a sever to practice that on. scoutknifes on the other hand has a lot severs but since steam gamers has a lot people who have friends outside the sever maybe we can make scout knifes a popluar sever.

omarfire00
1 Jan 2014, 05:41pm
Yea, no. Developing servers like these are what keep Steam Gamers behind. If we keep on staying with what we have right now, and people suggesting stuff like this, I wouldn't think Steam Gamers will be able to see the sun rise again.

FYI for anybody else, please suggest things that will actually help the community as a whole with subjects such as;

Bringing in new players to the community
More funding for the development of the community
Servers that will actually be able to stay active, not die in just a matter of a week
New ideas that are not shitty so that people wouldn't think we are a "COD Kiddy clan"

Pan32
1 Jan 2014, 05:59pm
Yea, no. Developing servers like these are what keep Steam Gamers behind. If we keep on staying with what we have right now, and people suggesting stuff like this, I wouldn't think Steam Gamers will be able to see the sun rise again.

FYI for anybody else, please suggest things that will actually help the community as a whole with subjects such as;

Bringing in new players to the community
More funding for the development of the community
Servers that will actually be able to stay active, not die in just a matter of a week
New ideas that are not shitty so that people wouldn't think we are a "COD Kiddy clan"

I found this answer quite offensive to be honest. If a bhop server is setted up correctly, it may bring a lot of money as long as it has a separate server (no trikz/bhop bullshit this time). Scoutknivez seems a bit dead so I don't really see a point on it, nothing new that we can introduce that will make them differ from the other servers.

Bottom line is, if we go ahead and think correctly about getting a bhop server, we buy a decent timer, set up special perks like colored chattags (bhoppers love that shit) and some special only bhop server skins.

SideArmSavage
1 Jan 2014, 06:05pm
I think it would be a great idea to add a bhop server but I'm not quite sure about the scoutknivez server because it will get dead pretty quickly.

Zaraki
1 Jan 2014, 06:06pm
I found this answer quite offensive to be honest. If a bhop server is setted up correctly, it may bring a lot of money as long as it has a separate server (no trikz/bhop bullshit this time). Scoutknivez seems a bit dead so I don't really see a point on it, nothing new that we can introduce that will make them differ from the other servers.

Bottom line is, if we go ahead and think correctly about getting a bhop server, we buy a decent timer, set up special perks like colored chattags (bhoppers love that shit) and some special only bhop server skins.

Those many bhop servers we already had, were set up correctly.. Had perks.. etc. -> They died.
Making more CSS servers would be throwing a banana at a dead monkey at the moment.

I have been asking for a ScoutKnivez servers countless times, but I have to admit that the only decent servers in their kind are with RPG..

omarfire00
1 Jan 2014, 06:09pm

I never meant for my response to be mean or offend anyone, however if what you said is what would be preformed , then that's great. Hey look, anything that would be suggested by anyone would always help the community, however it needs to be preformed correctly so that it would actually help the community in the points I stated.

Dirk
1 Jan 2014, 06:23pm
I have to agree with Zaraki and omar. While those servers might get used by people who already frequent SG servers, its no secret that CSS is a shrinking community and I think adding another CSS server before a server in some other game would be a mistake.

Banana Joe
1 Jan 2014, 07:17pm
text text text

While I agree that it may be interpreted a bit offensive, I really doubt Omar meant it in that way. He's a nice lil' guy!
However he does have a point. Throwing effort and energy into making more CS:S servers seems like a waste at the moment. The CS:S community is slowly dying, so we have to adapt to the current situation. Expanding into other games seems like the best option at the moment.

However I'd personally like to see some event server, now that we're probably gonna scrap a lot of dead servers, but we'll see about that, not sure if it's gonna happen.

Edit: Yeah I forgot I had this tab open for forever. Derp.

Octa
1 Jan 2014, 09:22pm
I have to agree with omar, more css servers is not the way to go

LoneWolf
2 Jan 2014, 03:35pm
Hmmm, Why not fix the CSGO server if thats possible? I'd love to play csgo if sg had a working server. We should expand the community, I seen that we mainly have css and gmod servers. Why not make a ranked team in LoL? Have a DayZ server(if thats possible.) We can't just stick to CSS and Gmod.

harro
2 Jan 2014, 03:38pm
I think there's already enough empty CS:S Bhop and Scoutsknives servers as it is, and peoples' time and resources could be better spent on games that are actually gaining a playerbase.

capp'n
2 Jan 2014, 03:38pm
Hmmm, Why not fix the CSGO server if thats possible? I'd love to play csgo if sg had a working server. We should expand the community, I seen that we mainly have css and gmod servers. Why not make a ranked team in LoL? Have a DayZ server(if thats possible.) We can't just stick to CSS and Gmod.

DayZ is still in its alpha, it's kind of a risk if the server won't fill once the full game comes out.

BoM
2 Jan 2014, 04:22pm
DayZ is still in its alpha, it's kind of a risk if the server won't fill once the full game comes out.

While I agree with the risk, it's less risky than a bhop or scoutzknivez. Both are dying small community mods. I never see a 40/40 bhop server....lmao. atleast dayz would bring people in for a while.

Like zaraki said, throwing a banana at a dead monkey here.

Sent from my carrier pigeon

Lupin
2 Jan 2014, 04:42pm
We made a soccer server cause everyone loved soccer apparently on MG. We all know how that worked out. Scoutknives will just be a server where it gets popular for a week or 2 and just die out. The only times we'll ever see scoutknives have a population in is it if there's a community announcement. This is the same way with surf rpg, stronghold, gungame, etc. We probably just have to face the fact that JB, MG and skill surf( at an extent) are the only servers people here want to play.

I heard csgo is apretty popular game.

XeNo
3 Jan 2014, 08:16pm
As stated already by several people:

At the moment we aren't looking for more CS:S server ideas, we are focusing on other game servers and will be clearing out our current always-empty servers, or servers that don't generate a population.

The major problem with bhop, trikz, scoutzknivez, skill surf, etc. Is that all of them bring a very specific player base that hardly plays any other game modes. We have people that are high rank on skill surf server that don't even join the forums, and Trikz almost no one actually goes to the server's community. They play it for the map and then leave after they get bored.

On newer games, players will notice a good server's name to remember where they had a good time playing and hopefully frequent that server.

RoverBot3
4 Jan 2014, 08:15am
I have to agree with Zaraki and omar. While those servers might get used by people who already frequent SG servers, its no secret that CSS is a shrinking community and I think adding another CSS server before a server in some other game would be a mistake.

Exactly
It'd be nice to get into some CSGO, because they have been popular as of late and growing at a nice pace
On a side note, ZE for CSGO, i see those server populated all the time and with a butt ton of spaces, more players = more money and more money = more monay

Mr. Moop
4 Jan 2014, 10:32pm
I agree with this. I know a friend who has sold his timer to most of the good bhop servers. I've spent my time setting up bhop servers in the past, and they don't require much to maintain. I suggest flipping one of the empty servers we have and using that resource to provide for bhop.

BoM
5 Jan 2014, 12:07pm
I agree with this. I know a friend who has sold his timer to most of the good bhop servers. I've spent my time setting up bhop servers in the past, and they don't require much to maintain. I suggest flipping one of the empty servers we have and using that resource to provide for bhop.

Or...use it for a more productive server. Again we are looking to optimize resources, not just throw them at servers Willy nilly.

Sent from my carrier pigeon

XeNo
5 Jan 2014, 02:29pm
Going to go ahead and move this to not accepted for now. Try to keep server suggestions to games outside of CS:S while we are trying to expand the community.

El NIŅO (>^-^)>
5 Jan 2014, 04:30pm
CsGo FFA HS server ^ / aim server [NOT TOGETHER]