PDA

View Full Version : CS:GO Zombie Escape

Malibu
26 Dec 2013, 04:24pm
A CS:GO zombie escape server.
I personally think it's not necessary...Right now. But just in case ZE dies.
Maybe we still can bring ZE back(I hope so). Maybe not.
This is an early suggestion.
Crazy Swese is busy right now. There is a chance that he CAN bring it back with motivated players.
But if he can't.. Then we should switch to CS;GO.

People playing CS:GO : 74k
People playing CSS : 23k

SideArmSavage
26 Dec 2013, 05:35pm
Sounds like a great idea.

Mudkip™
26 Dec 2013, 06:11pm
I'd much, much rather have a csgo scrim server that has good reg. High tick pug servers fill up quick with people to start them up.

ExileD
26 Dec 2013, 06:27pm
CS:S beats CS:GO big time... I don't think CS:GO needs anymore servers since I feel like they would rarely be played on.

Malibu
7 Jan 2014, 11:07am
Sorry but I don't agree with you Exiled.
CS:S is way funnier than CS:GO (my opinion) but CS:GO is more populated and our ZE server is dying.
We could give it a shot.

Zaraki
8 Jan 2014, 05:44am
I can't see a difference between T and CT at long range xD

El NIÑO (>^-^)>
8 Jan 2014, 09:55am
CS:S is way funnier than CS:GO (my opinion) but CS:GO is more populated and our ZE server is dying.
We could give it a shot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BoM
8 Jan 2014, 12:03pm
CS:S beats CS:GO big time... I don't think CS:GO needs anymore servers since I feel like they would rarely be played on.

because that makes sense with the numbers that he posted.....CS:GO is an up and coming big game essentially. The kind of game we need to jump into and have servers for before it gets filled with servers and communities that eat up the whole population.

still 75K vs 25K give or take, 3 to 1. Nope, can't be a good idea, not at all. -_-

XeNo
8 Jan 2014, 01:35pm
Is ZE popular in CS:GO though? I only played it when CS:GO was only out for like 3 months and it was shitty beyond belief, reg was terrible, glitches everywhere, no one was having fun and people kept constantly dropping after playing a round or two.

Would MG or PB be a better server to have up first, or is ZE the most popular on there?

Malibu
8 Jan 2014, 01:45pm
Hm that's a good point. On gametracker I found around 4 servers being populated. Lol.
I'm not sure about MG and PB though.

Frosty
8 Jan 2014, 01:47pm
A few CS:GO ZE servers are full everyday, there aren't really that many and I think there is one American server. I don't think a PB or MG server would be suitable right now, the CS:S counterparts are doing fine and it make split the current community into both servers.

Lupin
8 Jan 2014, 02:56pm
I think we should start off CSGO servers by making a deathmatch/compet/scrim/aim server first. A huge portion of CSGO's population is playing on de_ maps. 30 or so pages on gametracker has a population of 20+ where as if you look at ze_ maps. Only 4 servers have people in it. If we start off with a DM/Compet/Scrim/Aim server first we can build and attract CSGO players to our community and then later expand onto the MGs, PBs, and ZEs. ATM we have a couple of people that play CSGO daily that can help populate the CSGO servers if needed.

(I posted this yesterday but it disapeared or just didn't upload)

RoverBot3
10 Jan 2014, 04:09am
I think we should start off CSGO servers by making a deathmatch/compet/scrim/aim server first. A huge portion of CSGO's population is playing on de_ maps. 30 or so pages on gametracker has a population of 20+ where as if you look at ze_ maps. Only 4 servers have people in it. If we start off with a DM/Compet/Scrim/Aim server first we can build and attract CSGO players to our community and then later expand onto the MGs, PBs, and ZEs. ATM we have a couple of people that play CSGO daily that can help populate the CSGO servers if needed.

(I posted this yesterday but it disapeared or just didn't upload)

I like that idea, but i feel ZE would get populated since SG is a pretty known community

chet
10 Jan 2014, 05:11am
Ze servers
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?search_by=map&query=ze_&sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC
Normal servers (us only)
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/US/?search_by=map&query=de_&sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC
Normal server will just die like the server we have so ze first is better

Goku
10 Jan 2014, 10:29am
Just my opinion, but if there are already like a shit ton of reg servers already popular, wouldn't it make more sense to try a different type of server to start? I mean, if there's already like 100+ reg servers, wouldn't it be hard to stick out among them and draw players? Like, start with ZE or w/e, build up a cs:go population, then try expanding to reg.

Banana Joe
10 Jan 2014, 10:30am
Ze servers
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?search_by=map&query=ze_&sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC
Normal servers (us only)
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/US/?search_by=map&query=de_&sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC
Normal server will just die like the server we have so ze first is better

..what

There's 5 ZE servers as I write that has over 6 people on them, and the list of normal servers is full and probably goes on for pages.
I'm not really sure how that favors getting a ZE server first.

Edit: I guess you could look at it like Goku says, however as far as I've understood it, it's quite easy to get people on servers if there are already a few on with the de_ servers at least.
Doesn't seem like there's a huge population for ZE on there to me at least.

Frosty
10 Jan 2014, 10:53am
http://i.imgur.com/V8uVqiB.png

The top five ZE servers are some of the most highest ranked CS:GO servers on Game tracker, one of them happens to be an American server. I'm not saying that because we get a ZE server it will automatically be popular based on the ranks, we have to populate, it wouldn't be hard to create a ZE server and get people to populate it most days, that's how you get population.

The other high rankers are PB, Surf, ZM and the normal modes.

Goku
10 Jan 2014, 10:56am
Best thing to do is trial and error imo.

I mean, the whole transition from css to cs:go is going to take a few years, assuming it ever fully happens.

Spyder
10 Jan 2014, 11:16am
In my opinion, I agree with Goku here. It's hard to tell which servers are going to be the most populated when we don't really have much experience with CS:GO. I'll admit, after 1.6, I had Condition Zero. Not many people played it at first. But after people started wanting a new, more challenging, more fun game, they went to CZ. Then when CSS came out, they all went to CSS because it's a Source engine and it was more fun. Here is what we should do. Take a vote which servers we think will be the most populated. whichever ones win by majority vote, pick those 1,2,3 however many and start those servers for let's say 2 weeks to a month and see how they do. Whichever one is the most populated will stay, and we can start the process over with another server. And this is just my opinion, but I'd like to see either a ZE/ZM server or a Surf server.

- spyder

ExileD
10 Jan 2014, 02:03pm
We could give it a shot.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, I am not a big fan of ZE (probably because I am bad at it) but if it could bring more peoples to SG that might as well mean some of the other servers could be more populated. But if we where to add a new server to CSGO we might have to consider rather carefully which one.

Spyder
11 Jan 2014, 08:11pm
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, I am not a big fan of ZE (probably because I am bad at it) but if it could bring more peoples to SG that might as well mean some of the other servers could be more populated. But if we where to add a new server to CSGO we might have to consider rather carefully which one.

That's what I'm saying, take a community poll on which server we'd like to see most!

- spyder

Elemental
15 Jan 2014, 06:39am
Personally I prefer CSS over CSGO but I do love ZE, so maybe it isn't such a bad idea, maybe a PB server on CSGO too, while we're at it? :p

Jazz
15 Jan 2014, 03:05pm
Lets do it. If you put it in perspective; its only a good thing that there aren't many other CSGO ZE severs around (populated or not). The reason for this is that we won't need to deal with community rivals. Fresh players looking for new mods on the new CS will visit Zombie Escape servers, and they might stumble across our server, register on the forums etc if we choose to create a ZE server. If we do not create one now, then believe that other communities will, and they will steal potential from us.

Octa
15 Jan 2014, 10:16pm
Honestly I have been looking for a new server to play as I am getting bored of most of our current ones. I used to love ZE, and I would definitely help populate it

Spyder
15 Jan 2014, 10:49pm
I agree with Octa. When I started playing SG, it was because I lost 100% interest in Hg. Back then, I played the deathrun server which is now dead. I check it every day, and there's only like 1-2 people on a day, when there used to be 10+. I'm not a big fan of CS:GO, but like Goku said, the transition will take awhile. But like Octa, I am getting kind of bored with some of our servers. Mini games sure gets populated but it gets boring fast when some of the same maps get played 5-6 times a day. Fresh content would be nice on the server (if we have any map makers who would like a challenge.) Same with Prison break, yes there are not as many maps as there are for mg, but some of the maps like electric razor get played multiple times a day. Not to mention it's not much fun when there are players breaking the rules. I.e free killing, scripting, spamming, etc. But, if we were to create a ZE server I would be willing to populate it and would also be willing to help if need be.
- spyder

Turtlefiish
18 Jan 2014, 07:05am
Our CSS ZE server isn't dying, its pretty much dead. Funnily enough the best way to actually fill the ZE server is to not play zombie escape on it, last week we managed to get to 20-30 people by playing maps like office, breakfloor and whatever the hell that pillar map was (Frosty you'd better be making that map you said you were going to make).

To whoever said we'd be able to get a server working because we're a well known community, that's not going to happen. Gaming communities tend to work in bubbles, sometimes they overlap and you'll have several people knowing about different groups, but generally they're pretty isolated until you actually start playing in that group. So for a CS:GO server to actually work then we'd need to keep it populated as much as we can, usually no other factor really matters (besides having the gamemode work properly and not be the glitch-fest it was about a year-or-so ago). It'll mostly be luck whether it takes off or not though.

Right now the CSS ZE server is pretty much a waste of dedi space, CS:GO is worth a shot. Genuinely nothing to lose though, worst case is that we trade one dead server for a slightly shinier dead server.