PDA

View Full Version : EA BF4 Lawsuit

Motox
24 Dec 2013, 04:59pm
EA is hit with another lawsuit claiming they artificially inflated prices of stocks in the company, from any all time high of $28.13 per share and allowing certain EA Company Executives to sell their stocks at inflated prices. As well the lawsuit includes the claim of raised expectations of BF4, but when released it was indeed riddled with bugs. EA promised a patch to help resolve these issues, but so far it has done minimal help. Popular media groups like Rooster Teeth have released videos summarizing the lawsuit, and actions taken by EA on their weekly news update if you want to see a quick summary of it. A full description of it can be found at the following website, if you are interested.
Site: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2013/dec/20/ea-battlefield-4-lawsuit

floffypus
25 Dec 2013, 12:21pm
wow, just wow. people never stop surprising me.. Expecting a game to be perferct after release..

Motox
25 Dec 2013, 02:38pm
That's true, but apparently stock value went down after the finding of these bugs. That's why the executives artificially inflated stock values to increase their well income. That is the main point of the lawsuit, funny what people will do for money and rep.

Neptune
25 Dec 2013, 02:38pm
This isn't politics.

Motox
25 Dec 2013, 05:55pm
Maybe not government politics, but a lawsuit against a major gaming industry can count as political affairs.

Shadowex3
27 Dec 2013, 05:40am
wow, just wow. people never stop surprising me.. Expecting a game to be perferct after release..

Nobody expects a game to be "perfect" after release, but over a decade of consolization has led to a generation of gamers that have forgotten what it means to get a game that should never have been released at all. Half-life had its bugs but it worked for virtually everyone, and crashed rarely at best. Today it's considered normal for a game to not even work for a substantial number of users, and routinely crash for the rest.

Pan32
27 Dec 2013, 06:31am

if you pay for a game, you expect it to be playable, specially in a game like battlefield that costs 60 euros at the time of release. No game (EVER) was or will be bug free. One thing are small bugs that can be delayed, but a bug that blocks vital game functions is insanely unacceptable and retarded for a game of that price and reputation.

Malibu
27 Dec 2013, 06:40am
if you pay for a game, you expect it to be playable, specially in a game like battlefield that costs 60 euros at the time of release. No game (EVER) was or will be bug free. One thing are small bugs that can be delayed, but a bug that blocks vital game functions is insanely unacceptable and retarded for a game of that price and reputation.

Exactly.

bigt4203
1 Jan 2014, 03:13pm
It seems the current trend of games is to release earlier and fix the bugs in later patches instead of pushing the release date back and fixing the issues. Has anyone else noticed the sharp increase of games being released in their alpha and beta stages that actually cost money. I remember when stuff like that was free but you had to apply and be accepted to be part of the testing phases.

Oh, and it's EA, I'm not remotely surprised they would pull something like this, they've been too concerned with filling their pockets than actually releasing quality products over the last few years.

General_Shadow
7 Jan 2014, 08:41am
Its what it is: an EA game. Expecting an EA game to be perfect at release is like expecting to win the lottery, almost hopeless. The game is still playable and very much enjoyable, so it doesn't make much sense to complain on and on like people are.

Vy
8 Jan 2014, 10:14am
I know it crashed for a lot of people, frequently. So how is it exactly playable? Not everyone knows of EA or what games they have produced, perhaps it's the first one they bought? So how can they expect it?