PDA

View Full Version : Prop Killing As A Prop

Flamez001
11 Dec 2013, 06:40pm
There is a lot of debate as to whether prop killing as a prop is allowed or not. This seems to be a big problem on the very popular map richland_notrap, as people who posses dumpsters or cars can cause a lot of craziness. I posted here to get an input from all of the members of this community and also I would like to see who would like it/dislike it being allowed.

ScubaToaster
11 Dec 2013, 06:46pm
The immense irony of this is that I made a similar thread years back. The general consensus then and now seems to be that it is allowed, but it could've changed I guess.

SideArmSavage
11 Dec 2013, 07:14pm
it probably could be allowed but idk if it would change or not.

MissHavik
11 Dec 2013, 07:24pm
Prop killing as a prop can make people rage and not want to join the server again :/

P.S. Also doesn't make it fun for the people who die...Unless they are fine with it

Goku
11 Dec 2013, 07:42pm
Tbh I see no problem with it. It is a built in feature of the game to be able to possess props. Granted that doesn't mean you have to kill with it. It would be kinda hard to moderate anyway. The said admin handling the situation would have to be dead/spec'ing, and would have to see the person possessing the prop. Only other way to moderate it would be for someone to demo it and have it where you can clearly see who is moderating it.

I don't really see it being anything like prop killing while alive, being that since you are dead, you technically don't have a win condition. I know that when alive you can't prop kill unless you are a T (or killing someone with a good reason such as trying to kill you or whatever).

I don't even really see people complaining that much on the server about it either...

Octa
11 Dec 2013, 07:42pm
If it were to be made punishable, it would be hard to catch

ExRev
11 Dec 2013, 08:17pm
If it were to be made punishable, it would be hard to catch

This.

Plus it's pretty common knowledge that on 67th way, you stay the fuck away from the dumpster at all costs.

ScubaToaster
11 Dec 2013, 08:26pm
This.

Plus it's pretty common knowledge that on 67th way, you stay the fuck away from the dumpster at all costs.

There is no dumpster on 67th way, only an cranky orangutang would think so.

ExRev
11 Dec 2013, 08:37pm
There is no dumpster on 67th way, only an cranky orangutang would think so.

Richland is the one I meant.

Dirk
11 Dec 2013, 09:39pm
The only time I have a real problem with this is when someone kills a traitor with a prop. But of course they don't have any way of knowing who the traitors are. So I would rather people never do it. But there isn't any easy way to enforce it either.

harpo
30 Dec 2013, 10:35am
I would vote No due to the fact that people could possibly be rdmed in this similar fashion just cause some idiot wants to fuck around with the props. May be difficult to find but I think would be better in the long run.

Random {D-B}
30 Dec 2013, 05:52pm
If you're dead and become a prop such as a car and spam 360's and end up killing a fellow, no. It shouldn't be punishable.

Now if you are alive and decide to grab a barrel and pull all of your force into a swing and kill someone, then yes. It should be punished.

Gator
31 Dec 2013, 11:59am
I think it would be allowed to kill with a prop as a prop since it is a built in feature. It also adds more of a need to be alert because while worrying about traitors, you need to worry about giant, rotating dumpsters.

PingPong
31 Dec 2013, 03:37pm
It makes being dead funny as fuck, I've personally killed people as a prop and it only leads to laughter. Just stay away from spinning cars and dumpsters if you wanna play serious.