PDA

View Full Version : How I handeled bans when I had a server.

callistotyler
31 May 2008, 01:43pm
This is just something I threw together of how I used to handle bans on my old forums when I had my servers up, I'm not expecting anyone to use this, but use it as you will, maybe it will help shed some light on this subject or maybe i'm a complete fucking retard for using this type of system either way. here it is.

If you are appealing a ban on our counter-strike source or TF2 servers, we MUST have the following information
BEFORE we will even consider lifting your ban:

*** REQUIRED INFORMATION ***

1. EXACT date you were banned ("sometime last month" is NOT good enough).

2. Server you were banned from. Note: Please include this in the Subject of your post. (For example: "Banned from Run bitch run server")

3. Your EXACT in-game name being used at the time of the ban.

4. Circumstances surrounding the ban (i.e. YOUR side of the story.)

IMPORTANT:

The above minimum information MUST be submitted with your appeal. If any of it is missing, the appeal WILL NOT be addressed. The VAST majority of people who have experienced a ban from our servers have violated one or more of our server rules. If you are not willing to do a little work and submit the required info listed above, don't expect our Admins to do any work to lift your ban.

HOW TO SPEED-UP YOUR APPEAL

To further expedite your ban appeal, you may also include the following info:

- In the case of TF2 or CS:S, your STEAM ID.

- The name of the admin who banned you (if known).

PLEASE NOTE:

Appeals are handled on a case by case basis. The admin who issued the ban
will address the appeal personally. Only in the most unusual or extenuating circumstances an admins ban can be overturned against their will. If you were caught hacking, using aimbots, or any other 3rd-party hack - don't hold your breath. In addition, DO NOT POST A BAN APPEAL IN SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD CREATE YOUR OWN