PDA

View Full Version : New ingame command

Zaraki
29 Nov 2013, 08:01am
Can't we make a plugin where you call in an admin ingame by the "!calladmin" command?

Think about this with me:

- If we could implent this plugin into our servers, we can compensate for the countless "enable votekick" or "no admins in server" threads.
- We would have to find somebody like MPQC who has the knowledge and skill..
- If we can link this to the forums platform, we can make it that "<playername> calls a server administrator to <Servername> because <Reasonofcall>" and that message could show in the chatbox or the inbox of every admin.

Effective, because we can see who abuses the plugin and we can take it away from them easily..

Instead of !votekick, this could actually mean something. This is a simple idea that could effect our servers for a great deal, since it would mean less forum threads (complaints, threads about votekick, etc.)

This could mean less player complaints, no risk towards abuse because of the clear view on the use of the command.

Think about this with me, and post your ideas below!

capp'n
29 Nov 2013, 08:18am
If it would send to the inboxes of admins, and the chatbox, wouldn't everyone need a forum account in order to call an admin? Plus, we have the player complaint section, which saves time. Also if we were to have it, there would have to be a time frame in how long before you can call an admin again, because there's always going to be that one guy who spams !calladmin.

Zaraki
29 Nov 2013, 08:33am
Yeah I was thinking about a limit too.. No admins comes into a server, bans a guy and leaves immediately afterwards without playing a full round..

15 mins - 30 mins sounds reasonable.

ChriizCC
29 Nov 2013, 11:07am
Server to Server sounds good to me, but taking it to the forum... don't think thats good, if no admin is around in CSS, then thats when you make the complaint(you don't want the CE's to get bored). Having an admin to start it's game to ban someone is a bit off, put yourself on their boots. You get a message saying their is this "Freekiller" in the server and then you would have to start CSS to ban that person... There is a reason why player complaint exist. Like I said before, server to server sounds like a great idea.

+1 Server to Server

mapper
29 Nov 2013, 11:16am
It'd be cool to send a auto-message via Steam

capp'n
29 Nov 2013, 11:16am
Server to Server sounds good to me, but taking it to the forum... don't think thats good, if no admin is around in CSS, then thats when you make the complaint(you don't want the CE's to get bored). Having an admin to start it's game to ban someone is a bit off, put yourself on their boots. You get a message saying their is this "Freekiller" in the server and then you would have to start CSS to ban that person... There is a reason why player complaint exist. Like I said before, server to server sounds like a great idea.

+1 Server to Server

If it's server to server, someone could easily just go from prison break to minigames, ask an admin to help with the problem, and slay/kick/ban. Would be kind of pointless to have it server to server.

ChriizCC
29 Nov 2013, 11:23am
If it's server to server, someone could easily just go from prison break to minigames, ask an admin to help with the problem, and slay/kick/ban. Would be kind of pointless to have it server to server.

I know what you mean, but having to join different servers hunting for a admin to deal with the rule braker... when you can just use the command and boom. The point of this is to easy out stuff, cause the sending PM to admin will be the same, when you can just get on the forum and call one in the chat box...

ChriizCC
29 Nov 2013, 11:23am
double post -_-

capp'n
29 Nov 2013, 11:30am
I know what you mean, but having to join different servers hunting for a admin to deal with the rule braker... when you can just use the command and boom. The point of this is to easy out stuff, cause the sending PM to admin will be the same, when you can just get on the forum and call one in the chat box...

I was thinking for the server to server, it would send a message saying "Admin needed to <corresponding server>", and have an admin get a message to join the server like this. http://puu.sh/5wTaI/c09da0fbcc.jpg

Banana Joe
29 Nov 2013, 11:49am
I like the idea of a server to server command, sending a message to any admins there should be on another server that whichever server the command came from needs an admin.

Anything besides that which has been mentioned doesn't really sound like a good idea however, since it'd most likely end up with someone/a bunch of people spamming them(of course a time limit could and should be implemented, on both these and the server to server), which would get really annoying if it was steam messages, chatbox messages and especially PMs.

If it's possible for us to get/make a plug-in which enables this, I'd definitely say go for it.

BoM
29 Nov 2013, 11:50am
I don't wanna get spammed :/

ShoieP
29 Nov 2013, 11:57am
I don't wanna get spammed :/
bite the pillow

I was thinking for the server to server, it would send a message saying "Admin needed to <corresponding server>", and have an admin get a message to join the server like this. http://puu.sh/5wTaI/c09da0fbcc.jpg
This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea; it wouldn't be in the way and admins who receive the message could quickly join the server if they wished to or not.

capp'n
29 Nov 2013, 11:58am
I like the idea of a server to server command, sending a message to any admins there should be on another server that whichever server the command came from needs an admin.

Anything besides that which has been mentioned doesn't really sound like a good idea however, since it'd most likely end up with someone/a bunch of people spamming them(of course a time limit could and should be implemented, on both these and the server to server), which would get really annoying if it was steam messages, chatbox messages and especially PMs.

If it's possible for us to get/make a plug-in which enables this, I'd definitely say go for it.

I mean the only problem is the time frames in which people can call for help which 10-15 minutes would be ideal. Also to avoid the entire server spamming every admin, it could have it so only 1-2 people can do it from one server, and it only reaches admins that are online.

SexualHarassmentPanda
29 Nov 2013, 12:28pm
AFAIK there are several plugins for this, but it all seems like a lot of effort for something that won't really fix the issue we are having with admins being unwilling to get on the servers when they are needed. I don't see how having a bot post on the forums instead of the average person hopping on chatbox and saying "we need an admin" is going to encourage more admins to get on the servers when they are called. I do like the cross-server reporting idea that was brought up, however.

Mapper's idea could also work if a decent amount of SA's express interest in setting up a Justice League of sorts among the ranks. The plugin that I was looking at not only supports a Steam bot that automatically messages admins when someone uses it, but also a desktop client that does the same. If enough admins are willing to opt into this program, I'll definitely look into it.

Zaraki
30 Nov 2013, 03:40am
Great that you guys give this idea a thought :D
Thanks y'all!

EDIT: So far for the admins who want to join in on this idea, will show the higher-ups who's in for the players and who's in for the ranks. Just sayin'

capp'n
30 Nov 2013, 11:11am
If all this goes in act, what will the CE's be for? There is no purpose in player complaints since there would already be a command that could send an admin.

Banana Joe
30 Nov 2013, 11:21am
If all this goes in act, what will the CE's be for? There is no purpose in player complaints since there would already be a command that could send an admin.

If no admin joins a complaint can be made.

Also, the CE's do a lot more than just player complaint.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'd also be glad to join that group.

Octa
30 Nov 2013, 11:25am
If no admin joins a complaint can be made.

Also, the CE's do a lot more than just player complaint.

Or, at least, we like to think we do :okaysm:

But yeah, I would join that group if it becomes a thing

Frosty
30 Nov 2013, 12:32pm

:okaysm:

Zaraki
30 Nov 2013, 04:47pm
I don't believe Frosty, Banana Joe, Kratos, Floffypus and Vinyl are sitting in front of their pc and keep refreshing their browser until they see a player complaint..

Or do they? :troll:

Vinyl
30 Nov 2013, 05:00pm
I don't believe Frosty, Banana Joe, Kratos, Floffypus and Vinyl are sitting in front of their pc and keep refreshing their browser until they see a player complaint..

I do. :yar:

Wertles
30 Nov 2013, 06:39pm
Mapper's idea could also work if a decent amount of SA's express interest in setting up a Justice League of sorts among the ranks. The plugin that I was looking at not only supports a Steam bot that automatically messages admins when someone uses it, but also a desktop client that does the same. If enough admins are willing to opt into this program, I'll definitely look into it.

So would this just be a list of admins you could friend that will almost always join the server if needed?

Octa
30 Nov 2013, 08:29pm

Does that mean you think I do? Or that I just don't count as a CE? Either way, you sir are wrong

BlackEagle
30 Nov 2013, 09:09pm
I wouldn't mind this at all. I usually will join a server when called upon anyway so I wouldn't mind something like this as long as it isn't spammed.

Zaraki
1 Dec 2013, 04:55am
Does that mean you think I do? Or that I just don't count as a CE? Either way, you sir are wrong

Oh wow, I forgot somebody xD
My apologies sir.

Goku
4 Dec 2013, 10:25pm
Played on a TF2 server, think it was called ozzy something or ozsomething. Anyway, they had a plugin where you would type !report (think that was the command) and it bring bring up a menu. From that menu you would pick which player you were reporting and if I recall for what. It would then ask you the severity of the problem like Urgent, Non urgent or w/e. It then I think sent the report to their forums, never bothered to check their forums, but maybe 2 mins after I sent the report an admin joined.

As I wasn't an active member of the group, but I did like playing on the server, I didn't know any of the admins and wasn't apart of the forums. This allowed me, a reoccuring playing and someone who liked the server, to get an admin on without having to go through the hassle of signing up on the forums.

I see no harm in getting something setup similar to this. The entire arguement of "we have a player complaint" section is bullshit and unintelligent. The majority of all player complaints will take at least an hour if not more. Every time I've filed a complaint, even before the wipeout from last January, it took mine over a day.

If a player is on the server freekilling, or teamkilling or RDM'ing, do you really think letting them do it for an hour is good for the server?

Yes, active members of the group itself, not the server, will probably have a few admin friends, or a forum account and can just call for one in chatbox, but what about the non forum members.

I can tell you first hand that almost everytime I'm on the TTT server, that 75% of the players are randies and/or frequent players who only play on the server but never get on the forums.

Tbh, trial and error. I see no point in not adding it, and if it doesn't work, removing it.

Jake
6 Dec 2013, 07:56pm
I see no harm in getting something setup similar to this. The entire arguement of "we have a player complaint" section is bullshit and unintelligent. The majority of all player complaints will take at least an hour if not more. Every time I've filed a complaint, even before the wipeout from last January, it took mine over a day.

If a player is on the server freekilling, or teamkilling or RDM'ing, do you really think letting them do it for an hour is good for the server?

Unintelligent and bullshit? Yeah guess we should just get rid of it and let rule breakers in the server whenever i guess. I can also say 9 times out of 10 there is an admin you can get to come into the server.

Goku
7 Dec 2013, 02:48am
Unintelligent and bullshit? Yeah guess we should just get rid of it and let rule breakers in the server whenever i guess. I can also say 9 times out of 10 there is an admin you can get to come into the server.

Did you just like, entirely miss the point of my post? The point of adding a !report or something similar command is so that the players that don't know admins can request one. People arguing against adding it with the point of "we have a player complaint section" are using an unintelligent and bullshit point, yes. I never said it was a bad thing, the section comes in handy, but not for immediate results. If you are new to a server, do you honestly think you would be able to simply hop onto your friends list and ask an admin to join?

Seriously jake, did you not fucking read my post?

"As I wasn't an active member of the group, but I did like playing on the server, I didn't know any of the admins and wasn't apart of the forums. This allowed me, a reoccuring playing and someone who liked the server, to get an admin on without having to go through the hassle of signing up on the forums."

"Yes, active members of the group itself, not the server, will probably have a few admin friends, or a forum account and can just call for one in chatbox, but what about the non forum members.

I can tell you first hand that almost everytime I'm on the TTT server, that 75% of the players are randies and/or frequent players who only play on the server but never get on the forums.

Tbh, trial and error. I see no point in not adding it, and if it doesn't work, removing it."

You really have to look at the big picture. You can't just think about the actual members of the group that have a forum account and have admin friends. The servers aren't always going to be full of active members and won't always have an active member on there.

Zaraki
7 Dec 2013, 04:10am

9 out of 10 you say? I say bullshit on that sir, try out a plugin like this and we'll be happier.. Certainly the players who don't have forum accounts or know admins.

We need to be attractive to new players. Player complaints will obv stay!