PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Votekick

Bdcoll
21 Nov 2013, 03:15pm
Well as I'm sure anyone who goes on the server knows, RDMers are a problem.

Now I know we have admins who can come on and deal with it, and the demo system, however I feel getting votekick on the server would help as a measure to deter RDMing and help players deal with the issue when there are no online admins.

To prevent abuse etc. it could be an idea to set it to needing 66% of the server to vote yes, and if possible only those with 900+ karma to start the votes.

Matt
21 Nov 2013, 03:16pm
would never happen would be abused way to much. You should know by now how SG is lol. Ppl listen to the guy on mic soon everyone trolls and kicks one guy for shits and giggles.

Neptune
21 Nov 2013, 03:25pm
Will be easily abused, we have admins, and you can always report players.

Vick
21 Nov 2013, 04:08pm
I can see this being abused a lot. There are tons of admins that are always on TTT. And like Neptune said, you can always submit a player complaint.

Goku
21 Nov 2013, 05:28pm
Tbh, I see pros and cons for this.

Know I haven't really been on the past few months, but the past 2 weeks I've played A LOT (too much tbh) and admins are usually on.

But, votekick would still be a plus.

Only way I could see this not being abused, was if set a restriction as to who can start the votekick. AKA, supporters only. AKA ppl who are supporters would need to be setup as such. I think I'm one of the few supporters that has it setup as such on the server. Most ppl are just "user" in ULX.

Otherwise I could easily see people getting kicked that shouldn't be.

An alternative to this would be admins being less assholes when asked to come on. I think whenever I ask any admin on my friends list, and I have a few, I'd say maybe 30-40% of the time I can get one to join. Most of the time they tell me "no" or "ask someone else". I understand they have shit they want to be doing too, but it is part of the responsibility to join the server and maintain balance.

Overall I'd prob end up saying no. It's been suggested many times and rejected every time.

Wertles
21 Nov 2013, 07:01pm
Tbh, I see pros and cons for this.

Know I haven't really been on the past few months, but the past 2 weeks I've played A LOT (too much tbh) and admins are usually on.

But, votekick would still be a plus.

Only way I could see this not being abused, was if set a restriction as to who can start the votekick. AKA, supporters only. AKA ppl who are supporters would need to be setup as such. I think I'm one of the few supporters that has it setup as such on the server. Most ppl are just "user" in ULX.

Otherwise I could easily see people getting kicked that shouldn't be.

An alternative to this would be admins being less assholes when asked to come on. I think whenever I ask any admin on my friends list, and I have a few, I'd say maybe 30-40% of the time I can get one to join. Most of the time they tell me "no" or "ask someone else". I understand they have shit they want to be doing too, but it is part of the responsibility to join the server and maintain balance.

Overall I'd prob end up saying no. It's been suggested many times and rejected every time.

well supporters getting it is a really bad idea.

but giving it to trusted members who play and can be trusted (kinda like scrim star) would be more ideal than just giving it to everyone who has cash dollars

Revolution18
21 Nov 2013, 07:10pm
Would be abused i have been on servers in the past where people just votekick someone doing good or even admins and such.

Banana Joe
21 Nov 2013, 07:30pm

Thing is though, that admins are in no way forced to administrate the servers. Of course they have to play and be on, or they will be deemed inactive, but you can't completely expect them to have time to get on the servers.
I kinda doubt that the admins are saying "no" while having nothing else to do but stare at their wallpaper, I personally often play other games and thus won't quit everything just to kick a guy freekilling.
Of course admins are encouraged to join if they are needed, but I really think it's important to make it clear that they don't have any actual responsibility regarding joining a server per request of a player. It's a nice thing of them to do, and should be expected of them if they have nothing else to do, but they don't have to.
And please don't call them being assholes for not having time, especially not with the examples of replies you wrote.

About the votekick itself, we've had this suggestion a ton of times, and it's been shot down a ton of times as well. It's simply too easy to abuse, supporter only or not. Not sure if trusted members would work either, as there, IMO, is a huge difference from the 'normal' servers and the scrim server.
I think it's best that we keep it to having admins and player complaints for now.

SideArmSavage
21 Nov 2013, 07:42pm
I can see that idea get abused alot by other players.

Octa
21 Nov 2013, 07:54pm
well supporters getting it is a really bad idea.

but giving it to trusted members who play and can be trusted (kinda like scrim star) would be more ideal than just giving it to everyone who has cash dollars

Odds are if we are willing to trust you with votekick, we would trust you with admin. This reminds of the admin apprentice days and how pretty much pointless that was to have admins that could only kick.

Goku
21 Nov 2013, 07:55pm
Thing is though, that admins are in no way forced to administrate the servers. Of course they have to play and be on, or they will be deemed inactive, but you can't completely expect them to have time to get on the servers.
I kinda doubt that the admins are saying "no" while having nothing else to do but stare at their wallpaper, I personally often play other games and thus won't quit everything just to kick a guy freekilling.
Of course admins are encouraged to join if they are needed, but I really think it's important to make it clear that they don't have any actual responsibility regarding joining a server per request of a player. It's a nice thing of them to do, and should be expected of them if they have nothing else to do, but they don't have to.
And please don't call them being assholes for not having time, especially not with the examples of replies you wrote.

About the votekick itself, we've had this suggestion a ton of times, and it's been shot down a ton of times as well. It's simply too easy to abuse, supporter only or not. Not sure if trusted members would work either, as there, IMO, is a huge difference from the 'normal' servers and the scrim server.
I think it's best that we keep it to having admins and player complaints for now.

I am fully aware of the responsibilities and duties of admins, and I will continue to stick behind my post stating some can be assholes as such. I rarely try to get admins in another game, and I understand, say for example Pet rock the other day, when he had homework. However, when they just "don't wanna" or simple tell me "nah, ask ___" or "ask someone else", that is another story.

And I'd like to point out that I did not say they were assholes, I said "being less assholes when asked to come on.". Going back to Pet Rock as it was literally a few days ago, I was talking to him and he told me "I've got a lot of homework to do" So I let him be. The point of the being less assholes, is that it'd be nice to at the very least, when told no, which as I said is a majority of the time, to at least get a reason other than "nah" or "nope". I know people have lives. Exrev has a family and a job, for example.

As for the whole "can be trusted". That is kinda a loose term. I mean, how would you decide that? An admin vote? You might as well give them admin then.

Tbh, not sure why we're even discussing this. Based on how the server usually is, it wouldn't even work half the time anyway. You'd have too many people abusing it, too many people voting "no" simply because they think the person in question is funny, or you'd have people too afraid to use it as they might get harassed by the other players for doing so.

Random {D-B}
22 Nov 2013, 06:52am
Do an application like Scrim Stars for TTT. Those who get it may votekick.

Pan32
22 Nov 2013, 07:02am
Votekick is never a good idea. SG has dozens of admins and a complain system, so im pretty sure if u ask on your friends list or on the cb, you'll get someone.

Wertles
22 Nov 2013, 02:00pm
Do an application like Scrim Stars for TTT. Those who get it may votekick.

Odds are if we are willing to trust you with votekick, we would trust you with admin. This reminds of the admin apprentice days and how pretty much pointless that was to have admins that could only kick.

weeener

Sleggie
25 Nov 2013, 07:09pm
I could just imagine...

"guys, sleg the fag is joining, votekick him huehuehue"

[SM] Player Fagtune has voted to kick Sleggie. 1 more vote required.

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 06:33pm
Considering me, Bdcoll, and Goku are probably the only people who posted who play on a regular basis, I agree. I think it would be very hard to abuse, since it is already hard as fuck to get everyone to RTV. The only time someone would be kicked is if someone was actually rdming a fuck ton, which is a good thing. The SG admins are pissy all day erry day and aren't going to come to the game. (Except for you pet rock you know i love you baby). Anyway ya i support vote kick.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 06:45pm
The SG admins are pissy all day erry day and aren't going to come to the game.

You know how to get stuff done. Insult people then ask them to do something for you. The last time I got called into a server was months ago.

And also, I usually play for a few hours ever 2-3 days. Is that not regularly? Do I not know what I'm talking about because I don't play all day everyday?

An example of why votekick is a bad idea: last week there was a group of 8 people trolling and rdming on the server. That is more than enough to votekick someone. Also, I kicked all of them at least once and they just came right back. How would kicking them help?

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 06:48pm
And also, I usually play for a few hours ever 2-3 days. Is that not regularly?

No, it's not.

And in addition, you're an admin, people aren't rdming round after round when you're on, BECAUSE you're on. So really there is no point in asking for vote kick, since the only people who can enable it are admins and do not know what its like.

ScubaToaster
27 Nov 2013, 06:54pm
No, it's not.

Garbage idea, fight me if you disagree.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 06:57pm
No, it's not.

And in addition, you're an admin, people aren't rdming round after round when you're on, BECAUSE you're on. So really there is no point in asking for vote kick, since the only people who can enable it are admins and do not know what its like.

Whatever you say, kid

90% of the time I'm in the server, I don't have my tags on. And vote kick won't be enabled because there are already better, less abuseable ways of handling it, such as making a player complaint or calling in an admin. Posting in CB that you need an admin works most of the time.

The only reason my original response may have seemed harsh was because your arguement is basically "No one here knows what they are talking about." I have been playing CSS for about 9 years now, and have admined 3 communities/clans, and I have never seen votekick actually used for it's intent. its always just used as a "hey guys, lets kick this person just for fun". If you have any way to counter what I'm saying other then "I know, you don't", then please, say so. But so far, that's all you have said, which I just deam as insulting, not a real arguement

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 07:00pm
Woh, no need to resort to childish behavior mister admin. Sorry I don't completely agree with you, just reaffirms what i said in my first post.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 07:20pm
Woh, no need to resort to childish behavior mister admin. Sorry I don't completely agree with you, just reaffirms what i said in my first post.

All I said was that your entire argument is based around telling me(and many other people who posted here) that we don't know what we are talking about. You provide no real evidence it would work, you just say that we are wrong and you know better. So I called you out on it.

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 07:27pm
So I called you out on it.
No, you called me a kid! Just for my opinion on your play time! No need for that! I'm just saying, this vote kick isnt for the admins it's for the regular players. If you wanted to make the server a better place maybe you'd listen to the players and not the admins a little bit more.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 07:32pm
No, you called me a kid! Just for my opinion on your play time! No need for that! I'm just saying, this vote kick isnt for the admins it's for the regular players. If you wanted to make the server a better place maybe you'd listen to the players and not the admins a little bit more.

Well, I could have said worse but I didn't. I'm in a shitty mood because my computer is on the fritz, so consider youself lucky I didn't say worse.

As for listening to the "regular players", there are more of them saying no then yes in this thread.

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 07:37pm
Me, BDcoll, Goku, Random, all said yes. All regular players, everyone else was an admin or doesn't play.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 07:45pm
Just becuase you don't see people on doesn't mean they aren't active. But I'm done argueing opinions with you, its pointless

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 07:50pm
Just becuase you don't see people on doesn't mean they aren't active. But I'm done argueing opinions with you, its pointless
It's not an opinion its a fact!

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 08:01pm
It's not an opinion its a fact!

I thought that it was your opinion that I was inactive? Then wouldn't it be your opinion also that those other people were inactive?

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 08:03pm
I never said inactive i said not regulars! Of course they're not inactive or they would not have posted on this, but they are definitely not regular!

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 08:08pm
You are talking about neptune and wertles, two of the most regular players I know. But I said I was done so I'm done lol

Squid
27 Nov 2013, 08:14pm
You are talking about neptune and wertles, two of the most regular players I know. But I said I was done so I'm done lol

Alright if you think neptune and wertles are playing ttt all the time you are OBVIOUSLY never on yourself.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 08:25pm
Alright if you think neptune and wertles are playing ttt all the time you are OBVIOUSLY never on yourself.

Yup, never. Not even once. Ever. I don't even know what TTT is.

SexualHarassmentPanda
27 Nov 2013, 08:37pm
Whatever this is can go to PM's. There's no reason half of this thread should be a 1-on-1 argument about activity.

Octa
27 Nov 2013, 08:43pm
Whatever this is can go to PM's. There's no reason half of this thread should be a 1-on-1 argument about activity.

Sorry I've been trying to end it for a few posts now

Goku
27 Nov 2013, 08:56pm
Considering me, Bdcoll, and Goku are probably the only people who posted who play on a regular basis, I agree. I think it would be very hard to abuse....

...Bitch did you like not read my posts? I said it would be abused all the damn time.

All it takes is one retard with a mic, and soon half the server is full on tard mode.

And I do have to agree with octa's point of it not really accomplishing anything. They'd just come right back and do it again.

Matt
27 Nov 2013, 09:16pm
No, it's not.

Hes a Community Enforcer, Im an admin. Anyway its not going to happen so stop lol. Wait I have an idea, give this guy admin AND ALL ISSUES WILL BE FIXED!!!

Wertles
27 Nov 2013, 10:10pm

Irregular my ass
http://i.imgur.com/EMCpPJX.png

It's done, like Octa said if they are going to trust you with votekick powers they will trust you with admin so just apply if you think you'll get it.

Frosty
28 Nov 2013, 03:27am
Just call an admin into the server, Extreme Potatoes and Anguish have called me in before and I have come in undercover and dealt with the problem. Just add me on Steam and message me there

Irregular my ass
http://i.imgur.com/EMCpPJX.png

It's done, like Octa said if they are going to trust you with votekick powers they will trust you with admin so just apply if you think you'll get it.

That isn't a representation of activity recently, that is overall playtime. I have over 600 hours on zombie escape but that doesn't mean I play it at the moment.

Sleggie
28 Nov 2013, 05:45am
Will we jump to a conclusion? Hopefully this won't be accepted.

Turtlefiish
28 Nov 2013, 07:02am

Okay, I honestly don't care about TTT since I don't play there and I find it's usually full of jackasses (not rule-breaking, just irritating). But your comment is kinda (a lot) stupid...

Most admins *if* they're going in on call will change their name or remove their tags. Hell you only need to look at my name-history on the PB server to see that I rarely join with "[SG] Turtlefiish". Besides the only way that someone will change their behaviour for an admin is someone who plays regularly, you're more than able to make a complaint about regular players who are doing whatever crap happens on TTT.

BlackEagle
28 Nov 2013, 08:33pm
I've actually started to play TTT a lot more when I can play. I will agree that there are a lot of rule breakers in TTT mainly just trying to be funny. But I would like to add that there are a lot of admins in this community that are willing to help. Just because a couple say no doesn't mean all the admins aren't willing to do anything. If I'm around I will join a server where I'm called like 90% of the time.

Not to beat a dead horse here but yes it wouldn't even be effective because the player is just going to rejoin immediately. I highly suggest contacting admins through chat box or add more admins such as myself. I will be much more active in a couple weeks over my month long winter break.

SexualHarassmentPanda
28 Nov 2013, 09:53pm
This is not going to get implemented. Besides having the potential to be abused to the moon and back, it also faces the problem of people just being able to type "retry" in console.

Going to close this thread now as there is nothing left to discuss besides who is more active and should get more say apparently.