PDA

View Full Version : Football Server

Mr. Moop
26 Oct 2013, 02:41pm
While in the past few months I've noticed MG kinda go downhill, I've received comments that Football has killed it a bit. I'd like to make a recommendation, if we have the bandwidth, to make a Football server and take all of the maps off MG; of course this doesn't include the multimaps with soccer. Keep in mind, this is only a recommendation.

Respectfully,
Moopies :D

LoneWolf
26 Oct 2013, 03:19pm
Football has killed it a bit.

If the server is added, Wouldn't the server be dead?

Frosty
26 Oct 2013, 03:28pm
The football maps played on mini games are the multigame maps aka swag, yolo, lego

WriteX
26 Oct 2013, 03:56pm
The football maps played on mini games are the multigame maps aka swag, yolo, lego

And then there's mg_football. That's the 1 map I would have moved to a football server.

Kippe
26 Oct 2013, 04:45pm
And then there's mg_football. That's the 1 map I would have moved to a football server.

and battleforce

XeNo
26 Oct 2013, 06:29pm
Would be more inclined to say that we just remove said maps that kill a server's population.

We had a soccer server previously and it did not really work out.

Labarr
26 Oct 2013, 07:39pm
1)If we do have the space to spare a server with atleast 15 spots, I say give it a shot.
a)Very easy to setup and maintain
b)I am thinking it will decrease the amount of times that yolo,swag,bforce,football are played on MG
c)a few years ago noob galore had a soccer server and it did really well! And, 35% of those players who started in there went on to become CSS Soccer players in serious servers.

2)For the past 6 months, *** clan has had a soccer server up. It is however constantly dead. However
a)Here we have alot more members/players and can spread the word about the server
b)They didn't have any points/tips of how to play soccer in css like: rates,positioning, how to hit the damn ball...and pass.
c)There is a European public soccer server and it has almost 8+ people in it at any giving time. Therefore, with the right promotion, the server can hold its own player base

3)I suggested that we hosted a 4v4 soccer tourny. Many liked the idea!
a)If the soccer server does happen, having a tourny a few weeks (with prizes) after its up, will get people to atleast try out the server

4)My friends list is almost all css soccer players, and they do miss a public soccer server to mess around in with new people

Not sure what else to say/add :)
Just my opinion on the matter!!

Labarr

P.S Xeno is bad at soccer

Random {D-B}
26 Oct 2013, 07:52pm
I can see this happening. Like having tournaments and stuff. Plus just doing events. Sounds fun, plus, it will help out the population on MG.

Vick
26 Oct 2013, 08:43pm
Ehhhhh.....I think it would died off. But I do like soccer in MG. =)

ShoieP
26 Oct 2013, 08:43pm
Many words of Labarr

I'd actually be okay if we had something like this. Recently, CS:S Soccer sparked my interest. A couple of months ago, I didn't really enjoy soccer on MG but until now. It's been pretty fun when there are people who know what they're doing
because I certainly don't..

Fishey
26 Oct 2013, 09:09pm
I hate soccer. Get it out of mg :^_^:

XeNo
26 Oct 2013, 09:10pm
1)If we do have the space to spare a server with atleast 15 spots, I say give it a shot.
a)Very easy to setup and maintain
b)I am thinking it will decrease the amount of times that yolo,swag,bforce,football are played on MG
c)a few years ago noob galore had a soccer server and it did really well! And, 35% of those players who started in there went on to become CSS Soccer players in serious servers.
I'm fine with giving it a shot if we have the resources, I'm just saying that SG has not really committed to a soccer server in the past.

2)For the past 6 months, *** clan has had a soccer server up. It is however constantly dead. However
a)Here we have alot more members/players and can spread the word about the server
b)They didn't have any points/tips of how to play soccer in css like: rates,positioning, how to hit the damn ball...and pass.
c)There is a European public soccer server and it has almost 8+ people in it at any giving time. Therefore, with the right promotion, the server can hold its own player base
What happened to the SSL(Or whatever they call it now) public servers that basically did this exact thing?

3)I suggested that we hosted a 4v4 soccer tourny. Many liked the idea!
a)If the soccer server does happen, having a tourny a few weeks (with prizes) after its up, will get people to atleast try out the server

4)My friends list is almost all css soccer players, and they do miss a public soccer server to mess around in with new people
First point makes sense, the second part bothers me. A lot of those people (Assuming we have some of the same friends) "mess around" by absolutely stomping on people who are new to the game and stacking a team so they win in the first minute every round.

If we get a soccer server, and you fill it with your friends and then a player from SG who wants to try it out joins, they will have a terrible experience having so many serious soccer players in the server.

P.S Xeno is bad at soccer
Pls, I played soccer way before you, and have an infamous trick shot that I invented. I also held a record of most goals by a defender in one game. Com@meboi.

Labarr
26 Oct 2013, 09:23pm
What happened to the SSL(Or whatever they call it now) public servers that basically did this exact thing?

SSL have been gone for many years.. and is wayyy before my time. Now its PSL.. They have never had a pub server.

First point makes sense, the second part bothers me. A lot of those people (Assuming we have some of the same friends) "mess around" by absolutely stomping on people who are new to the game and stacking a team so they win in the first minute every round.

If we get a soccer server, and you fill it with your friends and then a player from SG who wants to try it out joins, they will have a terrible experience having so many serious soccer players in the server.

Yes. I know what your saying.. And honestly I have no idea how we can stop people from playing together lol. But i think its something that we can deal with if it comes down to that.. ei: step in and swap players to different teams (like how if there are too many cts in jailbreak...) to make it more even.

Frosty
27 Oct 2013, 04:45am
Would be more inclined to say that we just remove said maps that kill a server's population.

We had a soccer server previously and it did not really work out.

The problem is you can't just remove a whole map because of one multigame in the map, SWAG and YOLO are the most popular maps on the server and they both have football games in them, Paul knows a bit more about what maps kill the population, but I don't think removing SWAG/YOLO etc will be very good. Battleforce soccer is hardly ever played anymore as well since we have the mg_football map.

XeNo
27 Oct 2013, 10:31am
The problem is you can't just remove a whole map because of one multigame in the map, SWAG and YOLO are the most popular maps on the server and they both have football games in them, Paul knows a bit more about what maps kill the population, but I don't think removing SWAG/YOLO etc will be very good. Battleforce soccer is hardly ever played anymore as well since we have the mg_football map.
I didn't mean the multigame maps, I meant the soccer-only maps that he was referring to that kill out the server. Even if they are hardly played, it's not worth having maps on the server that almost guarantee a server clear-out IF they manage to be played.

Labarr
27 Oct 2013, 10:45am
I didn't mean the multigame maps, I meant the soccer-only maps that he was referring to that kill out the server. Even if they are hardly played, it's not worth having maps on the server that almost guarantee a server clear-out IF they manage to be played.

Paul's mg_football_v1 does NOT kill the server. He actually made soccer more fun by adding more variety in it.

Bforce soccer though, is really crappy.. and is never played anymore because of paul's new soccer map..

Labarr
27 Oct 2013, 02:37pm
Another big thing I want to say/add..

The server would be running the map ka_soccer_2010ssl_b4?

Strawberry
27 Oct 2013, 02:47pm
i dont think this will work out, not at this time. i think it will steal many players from MG wich will result in a slow death!

i like soccer, but you can get too much of the good stuff :trolltle:

its good soccer on mg, cus we see who we TK :P

Darnias
27 Oct 2013, 04:49pm
Soccer sucks on MG and it will suck on futbal server, doesn't matter where it sucks, it just sucks.

Octa
27 Oct 2013, 06:05pm
Yes. I know what your saying.. And honestly I have no idea how we can stop people from playing together lol. But i think its something that we can deal with if it comes down to that.. ei: step in and swap players to different teams (like how if there are too many cts in jailbreak...) to make it more even.

I played on a soccer server way back when, and I may be misremembering this, but I'm pretty sure they had a mod that would keep track of the goals scored by the players and balance teams accordingly. So like if there were 2 people on one team with like 10+ goals each, and the other team the top player had like 4, it would swap one of the 10s with the 4 or someone else on the other team

I could be wrong about this, it was in like 2008 and I played on it for like a month tops and havent touched the gamemode since

Labarr
27 Oct 2013, 07:35pm
I played on a soccer server way back when, and I may be misremembering this, but I'm pretty sure they had a mod that would keep track of the goals scored by the players and balance teams accordingly. So like if there were 2 people on one team with like 10+ goals each, and the other team the top player had like 4, it would swap one of the 10s with the 4 or someone else on the other team

I could be wrong about this, it was in like 2008 and I played on it for like a month tops and havent touched the gamemode since

I mean Soccer Mod 2011 (which is wat all the soccer servers use) http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/soccer_mod_2011

It does track goals per player and such.. But I have yet to see it be able to manage teams like that. AFAIK.. It seems like this would have to be something made from scratch..

SideArmSavage
28 Oct 2013, 04:54am
We need a football server.

Jake
28 Oct 2013, 09:31pm
We need a football server.

Have it replace Z-riot. Z-riot is dead 24/7 anyways.

Labarr
7 Nov 2013, 02:46pm
bump