PDA

View Full Version : Best new console to have for Multiplayer

BoM
2 Oct 2013, 11:01am
To clarify : Multiplayer being single console same TV situations.

I recently got D3 for xbox, was nice to have a multiplayer game me and the girlfriend could play without have to have at separate computers. I was originally looking at ps4 or XBone, but after thinking about the multiplayer aspect, as well as having more group fun oriented games......I'm thinking about just getting the Wii U.

Wii U has a lot of fun multiplayer games, as well as having a more casual fun setting to it. Even the single player games are something I think both of us will like more than some of the XBone/ps4. Also cheaper and already available, plus nintendo kicks ass.

I do plan on getting one of the new consoles (ps4 most likely) at some point, its just I'm looking at the multiplayer aspect to make an initial decision.

Basically Wii U -> Ps4 or Ps4 -> Wii U.

Please post opinions based on again two people looking to enjoy the same console, not on which one you think is best. I've had the biggest and the best consoles since I was like 4, Don't need an opinion on that. =)

SilentGuns
2 Oct 2013, 11:06am
I am personally just going to wait for the Steam Box to see how that is .

Playstation = forever alone
Xbox = for good online multiplayer .
Wii = local multiplayer / best with 2 or more people . For the most filthy of casuals.

You could also not get a console and just do a 2 person LAN party .

BoM
2 Oct 2013, 11:26am
I am personally just going to wait for the Steam Box to see how that is .
Would rather not wait that long

Playstation = forever alone >Playstation is the old king of consoles, any oldschool console player knows that. Again probably not my first choice for multiplayer
Xbox = for good online multiplayer >IF the console doesn't suck, then yes....But if it's anything like the 360 it will suck for local multiplayer
Wii = local multiplayer / best with 2 or more people . For the most filthy of casuals . > It's fun to be casual when you have a girlfriend to play with :O

You could also not get a console and just do a 2 person LAN party .
Our computer game interests don't always line up to create those situations

So yeah.

SilentGuns
2 Oct 2013, 11:29am
So yeah.

Then get a Wii .

harro
3 Oct 2013, 06:05am
Honestly if I were looking for something like what you're looking for, I'd just save myself a bit of money and get a Wii instead because the Wii U's exclusive games look shitty. I totally would not use the extra money saved + buy an external HD to attach to it and save myself hundreds of dollars on games I wouldn't need to buy.

Also get Animal Crossing.

Lupin
3 Oct 2013, 02:17pm
To clarify : Multiplayer being single console same TV situations.

I recently got D3 for xbox, was nice to have a multiplayer game me and the girlfriend could play without have to have at separate computers. I was originally looking at ps4 or XBone, but after thinking about the multiplayer aspect, as well as having more group fun oriented games......I'm thinking about just getting the Wii U.

Wii U has a lot of fun multiplayer games, as well as having a more casual fun setting to it. Even the single player games are something I think both of us will like more than some of the XBone/ps4. Also cheaper and already available, plus nintendo kicks ass.

I do plan on getting one of the new consoles (ps4 most likely) at some point, its just I'm looking at the multiplayer aspect to make an initial decision.

Basically Wii U -> Ps4 or Ps4 -> Wii U.

Please post opinions based on again two people looking to enjoy the same console, not on which one you think is best. I've had the biggest and the best consoles since I was like 4, Don't need an opinion on that. =)

and you get a handheld console

jeN
3 Oct 2013, 03:15pm
Honestly if I were looking for something like what you're looking for, I'd just save myself a bit of money and get a Wii instead because the Wii U's exclusive games look shitty. I totally would not use the extra money saved + buy an external HD to attach to it and save myself hundreds of dollars on games I wouldn't need to buy.

Also get Animal Crossing.

pls, i want to play cute game.

EvilShadow98
3 Oct 2013, 03:30pm
A soft-modded Wii is pretty good. Or a 3DS for Animal Crossing.

Matt
3 Oct 2013, 04:01pm
theres always 4 play BoM. ;) who needs vidya gaems

BoM
3 Oct 2013, 11:04pm
So....animal crossing, wiiu, 3ds, and sex.

Got it

Zaraki
6 Oct 2013, 06:43am
Buy a 3DS XL:

- Pokémon X/Y
- Animal Crossing
- Super Smash Bros (comes out in a couple of months)
- Super mario bros.

And so on..

It's a pretty good handheld console, I have mine for a couple of months now.

BoM
6 Oct 2013, 01:46pm
Buy a 3DS XL:

- Pokémon X/Y
- Animal Crossing
- Super Smash Bros (comes out in a couple of months)
- Super mario bros.

And so on..

It's a pretty good handheld console, I have mine for a couple of months now.

Probably gonna end up getting Wii U, then a 3DS a little later, I hear they go well together.

Should cover all the bases.

Dirk
6 Oct 2013, 02:07pm
Probably gonna end up getting Wii U, then a 3DS a little later, I hear they go well together.

Should cover all the bases.

They are also coming out with a 2DS so that might be an option if you don't care about the 3d.

BoM
7 Oct 2013, 10:06am
They are also coming out with a 2DS so that might be an option if you don't care about the 3d.

lolyeah, I hate the 3d on the DS, so probably will wait for that.

harro
8 Oct 2013, 04:23am
lolyeah, I hate the 3d on the DS, so probably will wait for that.

You can turn the 3d off on the 3DS, although the 2DS will be a bit cheaper.

It is however, made for an 8 year old to hold.

http://www.nintendo.com/images/3ds/new/gallery/blue2.jpg

Because it doesn't have the hinges and the buttons are on the same plane as the main screen, you'll either be holding it with your arms bent or wrists vertically/slanted and looking at it straight forward which will make your wrists/arms a bit sore after a while or holding it with them horizontally which will require you to look down and strain your neck after a while.

Dirk
8 Oct 2013, 04:56pm

Because it doesn't have the hinges and the buttons are on the same plane as the main screen, you'll either be holding it with your arms bent or wrists vertically/slanted and looking at it straight forward which will make your wrists/arms a bit sore after a while or holding it with them horizontally which will require you to look down and strain your neck after a while.

Don't worry. You will have plenty of practice holding a controller like that.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/Wii-U-GamePad.jpg
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/gameboy-glacier.jpg
The Wii U's controler has EXACTLY the same layout. As did the GBA.
Those two systems feel fine to hold so I cant imagine the 2DS is any worse.
Actually, I always felt the GBA style layout was better because you have a larger grip area and don't have to hold the thin edges of the system.

BoM
8 Oct 2013, 05:30pm

Owtf.........3DS it is

harro
8 Oct 2013, 05:58pm
Don't worry. You will have plenty of practice holding a controller like that.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/Wii-U-GamePad.jpg
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/gameboy-glacier.jpg
The Wii U's controler has EXACTLY the same layout. As did the GBA.
Those two systems feel fine to hold so I cant imagine the 2DS is any worse.
Actually, I always felt the GBA style layout was better because you have a larger grip area and don't have to hold the thin edges of the system.

Well idk about you but I remember my neck getting tired after long hours of playing the GBA/Gameboy. I just cared less because I was younger but now I get discomforted more by small shit.

Dirk
8 Oct 2013, 06:15pm
Well idk about you but I remember my neck getting tired after long hours of playing the GBA/Gameboy. I just cared less because I was younger but now I get discomforted more by small shit.

I was more distracted by the GBA's lack of a back-light lol

BoM
8 Oct 2013, 08:52pm
I was more distracted by the GBA's lack of a back-light lol

True that man, pretty sure that's why I see a whole ton better in the dark now. lmfao.

Dirk
29 Oct 2013, 02:13pm
about the 3ds. might want to wait for this bundle http://zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

xxAnGeLxx
1 Nov 2013, 08:22pm
I have had the 3ds for a long time now, its my favorite handheld right now.

BoM
2 Nov 2013, 02:16am
I have had the 3ds for a long time now, its my favorite handheld right now.

OMG NO WAY. seriously....wasting seconds of my life making me read your posts. Are you going to ask for admin when you hit 100 posts?