PDA

View Full Version : What I believe we need.

Squid
25 Sep 2013, 11:28pm
The TTT server almost always seems to be empty, and there are a few things i would like to see implemented.

1. A while ago a store was added but then removed. I would like a store, nothing that messes with the game like jump packs or anything. Just skins, hats, colors, ect. Not trails, because they could effect the game. I have 1066 hours on Gmod, mostly TTT. A store would give players more of an incentive to play. People like goals. I would play for a long time if i knew i could get a cool ass skin out of it.

And for the people who think they will be killed for having a hat or called out by their skin, heres the good thing. It's a store, they're not forcing you to buy anything. I'd take the risk.

2. Jihad. I know a lot of people wouldn't like it but im just throwing it out there because I would. The OP factor can always be fixed, and it always seems to add hilarious deaths to the game.

Thats all i have right now because i do like the idea of vanilla one hit knife. Other weapons just make the game seem sloppy and boring. We don't need a master swords and shit, I just want a reason to play again. I will always play but it seems like theres never anyone on, and it takes so long to start it up.

Octa
26 Sep 2013, 12:04am
skins can effect the game also. Just saying. So would hats or trails or bullet colors.

Squid
26 Sep 2013, 12:05am
Not as bad as a trail being left behind, how often are you going to see a persons skin but not their name? In most cases if you had your cursor over the player you can just hit your call out bind and it will still call out their name even after they have ran off. Just throwing out ideas, there's no point in sitting and waiting for the server to repopulate itself.

Pyro
26 Sep 2013, 12:23am
They do the same on PB, its a use at your own risk type deal.
I dont know if this is exactly what TTT needs but i do feel it needs something. It always felt to plain to me.

Squid
26 Sep 2013, 12:26am
Any Ideas? I love the gamemode but it requires more than a few people. It's not like PB with all the regs, the regs don't join till it is populated. We need something to bring in guests to fill it up.

Pyro
26 Sep 2013, 12:38am
No idea, i haven't really played any other gmod TTT servers or follow lua coding to know whats out there for TTT. Im sure once all the forum lurking TTT regs wake up they will be able to throw in some input.

Personally id be able to play the server for a longer period of time if some of the people that play TTT weren't so obnoxious and annoying, but thats just my opinion and i get annoying pretty easily so i wouldn't take it to seriously. Plus as a frequent css scrimmer the shooting/reg in gmod drives me up the fucking walls.

Squid
28 Sep 2013, 08:28am
Anyone?

SilentGuns
28 Sep 2013, 08:48am
Replace everyones crowbar with "The Penetrator" . That is what TTT needs.

Trust me , I am a professional .

Wertles
28 Sep 2013, 10:24am
I don't really like the idea of a store in general, but like Pyro said it's use at your own risk.

I think it'd be cool if somehow the credits could transfer over to CSS servers, but I don't think that is possible.

Events might also be a good way to populate.

bamfers
28 Sep 2013, 05:56pm
​unban Bork you twats!

The Slaughterhouse
28 Sep 2013, 06:28pm
Well, a possible reason for the server being empty is, when the admin leaves, it turns into pure hell.

People act all nice and crap when the admin's on, but as soon as he leaves it turns into rdm central, which leads to the server dying.

So, what i'm saying is we need an admin that could play TTT alot, like it was for a while when the admins kept the server under control, and it was really popular, but now I rarely have seen admins on, so I stopped playing.

Jake
28 Sep 2013, 07:47pm
Please no skins. I don't know about everybody else, but i can't stand skins on TTT i think it makes it ugly. Its just better when everyone has the same skin.

Squid
28 Sep 2013, 08:30pm
Well, a possible reason for the server being empty is, when the admin leaves, it turns into pure hell.

People act all nice and crap when the admin's on, but as soon as he leaves it turns into rdm central, which leads to the server dying.

So, what i'm saying is we need an admin that could play TTT alot, like it was for a while when the admins kept the server under control, and it was really popular, but now I rarely have seen admins on, so I stopped playing.

Yeaaahhh that's a huge problem too. Last night there was someone posing as spartan, and calling RDM round every single round. It was chaos, i asked for an admin in the chat box twice but no one would come. Had to post complaints and only got 2 people out of all the people RDMing.

And yes unban bork.

- BloodBrothers -
1 Oct 2013, 07:46pm
​unban Bork you twats!

Fuck Bork and Jihad! Bamf wouldn't warn the ts if he was gonna jihad True fact

Psyche
2 Oct 2013, 05:25am
store probably wont be added because skins and hats make it significantly harder for the traitor to do anything, all of the character models are supposed to look the same so nobody can easily point out the traitor.

with skins and hats, the disguiser is completely useless, and as an example say a traitor kills someone from far away, a person can easily identify him based on the hat and skin he is wearing.

The only way I see we can add a store is if we coded a way that every time you use a disguiser it mimics another random persons skins and hats, but it would still be much harder for traitors to do anything.

Squid
2 Oct 2013, 02:44pm
store probably wont be added because skins and hats make it significantly harder for the traitor to do anything, all of the character models are supposed to look the same so nobody can easily point out the traitor.

with skins and hats, the disguiser is completely useless, and as an example say a traitor kills someone from far away, a person can easily identify him based on the hat and skin he is wearing.

The only way I see we can add a store is if we coded a way that every time you use a disguiser it mimics another random persons skins and hats, but it would still be much harder for traitors to do anything.

So use at your own risk? A store isnt some idea i just came up with, it's on other servers. And it is successful.

Jake
3 Oct 2013, 08:03pm
So use at your own risk? A store isnt some idea i just came up with, it's on other servers. And it is successful.

A store wouldn't work. Most players already have many hours logged on others servers and they wouldn't switch to one and have to start all over. Also there are people who just jump in the server for a few rounds and never come back. People could care less if theres a store or less. It's the gameplay that people are going to stay for not the extra plugins. Also as of now its a "vanilla" server so adding a store would take away from that.

Squid
3 Oct 2013, 09:10pm
A store wouldn't work. Most players already have many hours logged on others servers and they wouldn't switch to one and have to start all over. Also there are people who just jump in the server for a few rounds and never come back. People could care less if theres a store or less. It's the gameplay that people are going to stay for not the extra plugins. Also as of now its a "vanilla" server so adding a store would take away from that.

I don't think 1 hit knife is vanilla, i'm not sure about that though. And just saying "a store wouldn't work" is not a good enough argument when it definitely does on other servers. Is this really about pleasing the random people who come on, and most of the time rdm? People who play a lot and keep a server up should be rewarded.... aka a store.

Revolution18
3 Oct 2013, 11:05pm
I played on TTT more than prolly anyone so let me law down the law of the land. Keep it as is the only problem i ever see is admins need to be on more frequent.

Squid
3 Oct 2013, 11:12pm
I played on TTT more than prolly anyone so let me law down the law of the land. Keep it as is the only problem i ever see is admins need to be on more frequent.

Ive got 1066 hours mostly on TTT. And yes there are never admins on like there used to be. GIVE BORK AND BAMF ADMIN.

Psyche
4 Oct 2013, 07:08am
I talk to Bork and bamf every day and that is literally the worst idea ever

Squid
4 Oct 2013, 08:34am

It was a joke :P

bamfers
4 Oct 2013, 02:32pm

wow u cunt

Golden Shower
5 Oct 2013, 07:59am
I'd be there, but the lack of a decent computer thwarts me thoroughly. I'm pretty much gonna probably wait until I have money to either build or buy a new computer.

Pet Rock
6 Oct 2013, 03:15am
I can try to be more active on TTT xD

Random {D-B}
6 Oct 2013, 08:28am
Add all those new T items and D items. Use the store at your own risk like PB.

BoM
7 Oct 2013, 11:28am
I can try to be more active on TTT xD

I respond if someone posts in CB.

TTT is free bans all day everyday. ^____^

bamfers
7 Oct 2013, 12:25pm
I respond if someone posts in CB.

TTT is free bans all day everyday. ^____^

my 9 bans in a row when I actually went on TTT at night.

Octa
7 Oct 2013, 02:08pm
I get on TTT when there are people on... But that seems to happen less and less as of late

Extreme Potatoes
29 Oct 2013, 09:54pm
We need to get rid of the RDMers, especially that Pet Rock guy, I mean look at his karma. We need to get rid of these people who break rules on our server.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9c4qcxididxjc1k/2013-10-29_00001.jpg

SideArmSavage
30 Oct 2013, 08:34am
Get rid of the fkers and rdmers in CSS and gmod.