PDA

View Full Version : PS4, Xbox One, Which are you getting?

Unnamed Newbie
2 Sep 2013, 09:10pm
Alright, our good friend ASF posted:
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/gaming-discussion/53467-amazon-poll-ps4-vs-xbox-one-ps4-winning-over-17-times-over-still-going.html

Now, almost four months later comes judgement day for both Microsoft and Sony. I was wondering if people were remotely considering buying either of the two and why.

My Opinion.
I personally have always been a PC / Gamecuber who only got an Xbox 360 with a bundle deal for my sister's laptop two years ago. Never bought Gold solely because all I played was Star Wars: Battlefront with my friends and never really needed online access seeing as how I could play all my online games on my all-too familiar PC. Now, I am actually interested in purchasing a next-gen console and am currently leading towards the PS4. With the differences in Microsoft's Gold and PS's + Services, the latter is easily the winner. It's also cheaper, which my Dunkin Donut salary will greatly appreciate. One thing I am bummed at is that the Xbox One exclusive title: Ryse looks pretty damn neat. Nonetheless, I still doubt that I'll play any FPS games on it. I'll save those for the ever present and always winning PC master race. The games I really want will probably be classic Madden and FIFA to play online. And I am also considering GTA V for PS4 because god knows when the PC release date will finally be. The Order: 1886, a PS4 exclusive looks pretty neat too, and is very much my style. And when Thief and Star Wars: Battlefront are finally released, I have a feeling they'll be worth the buy on PS4. Lastly, most of my friends are switching over to PS4 and I will finally be happy to game with them since literally no one I know games on PC. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents on the two and my choice.

Pyro
2 Sep 2013, 09:41pm
I might get a ps4 if anything but ill probably just end up with a better pc.

ShoieP
2 Sep 2013, 09:49pm
I'm going with a PS4.

Spr00k
2 Sep 2013, 10:01pm
I would go with a ps4

Strawberry
3 Sep 2013, 12:27am
it quite depends, currently i have an xbox360 wich i am very happy with. no issues.
on the other hand i used to have an ps2 but i never got an ps3, due to i dont like the controller.

im not grabbing any at once. ima wait uintill a slimversion gets out

Unnamed Newbie
3 Sep 2013, 07:57am
it quite depends, currently i have an xbox360 wich i am very happy with. no issues.
on the other hand i used to have an ps2 but i never got an ps3, due to i dont like the controller.

im not grabbing any at once. ima wait uintill a slimversion gets out

the bigger the better :3
Gotta say though, this initial PS4 design is pretty nasty.

Frosty
3 Sep 2013, 08:48am
neither

Bad Horse
3 Sep 2013, 09:23am
I have had a PS3 for about 3 years now and I'm happy with it so if I do get a new system it would most likely be the PS4. I know more people generally own Xbox's which is the only thing that tempts me to purchase an Xbox One, but the PS4 is an overall better deal.

xYounger
3 Sep 2013, 10:22am
Depends what's the first console to drop it's price below $200 years from now :cool:

Sander Cohen
3 Sep 2013, 11:30am
I'm going to wait until both come down in price a bit and there are a fair bit of games out for them, and I will decide then once the verdict is in.

Ultramarine
3 Sep 2013, 11:52am
Going to get a PS4

Riperzz
3 Sep 2013, 01:23pm
Neither because PC is the master gaming race... But If i had to choose XOne or PS4 I'd go with PS4.

Dimitry
3 Sep 2013, 01:49pm
Neither.
If i am going to get fucked over, i want it to be a PC.

RoverBot3
3 Sep 2013, 02:52pm
PC master race, but ps4 may come a little close to being a peasant to pc
xbox one is just a bitch to pc

Bread
3 Sep 2013, 04:08pm
PS4 will be wayyyy better than the Xbox One, but I probably won't end up with either.

Vick
3 Sep 2013, 05:10pm
PS4!

Tweezy
3 Sep 2013, 05:28pm
I would quite like a PS4, but i'm spending another £250 / £300 on my computer so I don't really see a point.

Aznsoul
3 Sep 2013, 05:55pm
I'm leaning towards a PS4. Though I will say I REALLY want to try Titanfall and Quantum Break, too bad they're Xbox One exclusives. Also the Xbox One is still a $100 more than the PS4 and that kinda breaks the deal with all that un-necessary stuff for it like the Kinect.

I probably won't get it right away, as I'm thinking of getting a PC this holiday season instead of playing on this 3 year-old laptop.

Frosty
3 Sep 2013, 05:57pm
Titanfall is coming to PC and Quantum Break will probably just be one of those overhyped games you won't even remember in a year

Pan32
3 Sep 2013, 06:05pm
Ill just wait for the simulators of both consoles for pc :troll:

Labarr
3 Sep 2013, 06:38pm
I PREFER to get a ps4. BUT the only game I want (Forza) comes out for Xbox One. So IF i do get a console it will be the xbox.

Neptune
3 Sep 2013, 06:46pm
I PREFER to get a ps4. BUT the only game I want (Forza) comes out for Xbox One. So IF i do get a console it will be the xbox.

Forza is the best racing game by far. Loved beefing up cars for drag races.

Voted Xbox One, blah blah I know. They did fix a few issues people were upset with. Just had a bad opening imo. Just an Xbox fanboy I guess. the controller just seems so much more versatile. Also don't get me wrong I had a ps1 and ps2, never making the jump for a ps3. The appeal for the Xbox 360 at the time was because so many friends are on live rather than psn.

BoM
3 Sep 2013, 07:08pm
was a die hard Playstation fan since the original, and I even liked the ps3 games more than the xbox games.....but XBL was better than PSN, along with the price difference on release.

I hadn't touched the original xbox, but I did like the xbox360.

That being said, I feel as though playstation took a tumble with ps3, and now they're back up and standing strong. E3 won me over when it came to picking one over the other, so yeah. Ps4 all the way.

AznRule
3 Sep 2013, 08:27pm
PS4 hands down and their E3 announcement were really good and great series are going to continue like uncharted, killzone etc...

Random {D-B}
4 Sep 2013, 03:26pm
Only thing I don't like about PS4's are their controllers.

Sniper
4 Sep 2013, 07:15pm
PS4 maybe, but I'll wait for the reviews.

Fluttershy der Führer
9 Sep 2013, 05:06pm
Only thing I don't like about PS4's are their controllers.

Get a MadKatz controller shaped like Xbox's?

ChriizCC
9 Sep 2013, 07:00pm
Well, I'm not planing getting neither of them, but I'm sure my bro will want to get the PS4 so we will end up paying half and half. So yeah, pretty sure going to be getting the PS4.

Lupin
9 Sep 2013, 08:30pm
Probably gonna get me an xbox one. Don't care much for console exclusives, mainly have my console NBA 2k and fighting games. I already have a sub to xbl atm so it'll be easier for me.

Octa
10 Sep 2013, 12:06am
Neither, gonna build myself a deck top instead.

jeN
10 Sep 2013, 12:30am
Fuck you guys, I'm going to get a Wii.