PDA

View Full Version : Syria. In or out?

Tweezy
28 Aug 2013, 12:33am
I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the situation in Syria. One side stating it was the Assad's regime who launched Chemical weapons, and the other stating it was the rebels. Chemical Weapons have been banned since 1993, thus when this whole escapade with Syria happened the United Nations decided to get involved.

The USA have declared that they have have proof and that are certain that the regime used the chemical weapons
"Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday that the Obama administration is "all but certain" that the Syrian government used chemical weapons to attack innocent civilians."
US accuses Syrian government of using chemical weapons and destroying evidence ? RT USA (http://rt.com/usa/kerry-syria-chemical-attack-017/)

I would love to see this proof as at the moment I am more with the Russian standpoint. They state that the rebels used the weapons, and I have to agree with them. They were already fighting a loosing battle and have already stated that they would use chemical weapons. "Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday."
Is It Possible The Syrian Rebels (Not Assad) Used Chemical Weapons? : The Two-Way : NPR (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/08/27/216172145/is-it-possible-the-syrian-rebels-not-assad-used-chemical-weapons)

Where does everyone else stand on this matter? Are you on the USA, France and UK's side with the thinking that the Regime used the chemical weapons, or are you in fact on the same thinking as the Russians?

mapper
28 Aug 2013, 03:40am
What is the worst that could happen ?

(Just another world war)

Tweezy
28 Aug 2013, 05:52am
When it comes to chemical warfare, it doesn't really matter who did it as the same outcome happened. Innocents were killed.

Xoddox
28 Aug 2013, 08:16am
They were all but certain Iraq had WMDs too.

PingPong
28 Aug 2013, 04:59pm
So far it doesn't seem as though Canada will go for any direct intervention.

Edit: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/08/29/pol-harper-syria.html?cmp=fbtl
Waiting on the UN investigation to be finished before deciding on what action to take, more then likely Canada will be playing support on this one though if anything does happen.

Habibi
28 Aug 2013, 08:31pm
bro weezy, this is exactly what they want you to think lol. That the Syrian government used chemical weapons so they can invade and take the oil just like they did with Iraq and Libya. Saddam Hussein & Gaddafi may have been cold killers and cruel leaders, but they were attempting on making there countries very strong and stable which is a threat to United States and many others. Gaddafi
was attempting on making Libya and many other middle eastern countries filthy rich and putting countries like USA in the gutter by introducing the Dinar. Too bad America intervened and got him killed. CNN and all other media networks will only show you what they want to show you, sometimes farrrr from the truth.

This was definitely the rebels. But the fishy part about this is that Russia and China are backing up Syria for one and only one oil purpose. Oil.

FYI- America is backing up the rebels :)

USA's key Strategy: Divide and Conquer.

high rws
28 Aug 2013, 10:06pm
(Just another world war)

not really. as usual putin is waving his dick around but russia has already pussied out

as for the op, i wouldn't take loose speculation over actual evidence. so i'll wait for that

SilentGuns
29 Aug 2013, 02:07am
bro weezy, this is exactly what they want you to think lol. That the Syrian government used chemical weapons so they can invade and take the oil just like they did with Iraq and Libya. Saddam Hussein & Gaddafi may have been cold killers and cruel leaders, but they were attempting on making there countries very strong and stable which is a threat to United States and many others. Gaddafi
was attempting on making Libya and many other middle eastern countries filthy rich and putting countries like USA in the gutter by introducing the Dinar. Too bad America intervened and got him killed. CNN and all other media networks will only show you what they want to show you, sometimes farrrr from the truth.

This was definitely the rebels. But the fishy part about this is that Russia and China are backing up Syria for one and only one oil purpose. Oil.

FYI- America is backing up the rebels :)

USA's key Strategy: Divide and Conquer.

Not only oil. Russia has a naval facility in Syria which is the only one they have in the Mediterranean , a large arms deal and good trade relations . China is also interested in protecting their good trade relations and companies in Syria .

As for the chemical attacks , I suspect it was some islamic extremist group trying to frame the government . Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that the Assad is evil , we know this because he allowed his army to shell cities and towns full of innocent people . However I don't think he is stupid enough to gas over 1000 civilians right when UN inspectors are in his country and when he isn't even losing the war.

Habibi
29 Aug 2013, 08:21am
Not only oil. Russia has a naval facility in Syria which is the only one they have in the Mediterranean , a large arms deal and good trade relations . China is also interested in protecting their good trade relations and companies in Syria .

As for the chemical attacks , I suspect it was some islamic extremist group trying to frame the government . Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that the Assad is evil , we know this because he allowed his army to shell cities and towns full of innocent people . However I don't think he is stupid enough to gas over 1000 civilians right when UN observers are in his country and when he isn't even losing the war.

Bro I don't even think it is an extremist group, I believe whoever did it is being secretly backed up by the United States government. This is what they always do; they send there spies in, cause mad drama. Then tell the American people that they going in to help, but everyone knows they ain't there for helping as they claim. It always solely for there profit. (OIL)

Sander Cohen
29 Aug 2013, 10:44am
Whoever wins, the Syrian people have already lost.

high rws
29 Aug 2013, 01:36pm
Bro I don't even think it is an extremist group, I believe whoever did it is being secretly backed up by the United States government. This is what they always do; they send there spies in, cause mad drama. Then tell the American people that they going in to help, but everyone knows they ain't there for helping as they claim. It always solely for there profit. (OIL)

syria is not a big player in exporting oil. their reserves are actually quite small. to put it in perspective, they have around 2.5 billion m3 of oil reserves while iraq and saudi arabia have around 150 billion m3. their oil production has halved in the last 17 years or so and they'll probably have to import oil in the next decade. finally, their markets for oil lie in europe, not in america

to assume that america is considering a campaign in syria for its oil is absurd

PotshotPolka
29 Aug 2013, 03:51pm

Yes, that's why the American-backed Canadian Liberation Front has been so successful at destabilizing Canada so that we can launch an intervention and seize their delicious oil sand fields from which we derive nearly a fifth our of imports.

Sounds stupid? So do you. The three largest exporters to the US are close allies, and Venezuela's dick-waving Chavismo rhetoric against the US is more or less for the polls these days.

As for people talking about the possibility of a false-flag chemical attack by rebels to give the West a reason to intervene, or otherwise questioning the scale of the chemical attacks, these are at least hold merit, particularly in my opinion the latter. I highly doubt the scale of the attacks, according to the current casualty reports, even come close to the usage of chemical weapons by Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war or by Iraq against Kurds to the north (and even the latter had roughly the same death toll and was even more one-sided than the current Syrian civil war.) Whether or not international law with sustain the claims and warrant intervention is irrelevant at this point, Russia will veto, with China also vetoing or abstaining.

More curious is that the British parliament just rejected action by a narrow margin, which hurts the possibility of a robust coalition to shore up support for some level of action. BBC News - David Cameron loses Syria vote in Commons (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783)

Caution
29 Aug 2013, 03:57pm
I'm literally just waiting for the day I walk into work and get told I'm deploying to Syria.

Habibi
29 Aug 2013, 05:26pm
Yes, that's why the American-backed Canadian Liberation Front has been so successful at destabilizing Canada so that we can launch an intervention and seize their delicious oil sand fields from which we derive nearly a fifth our of imports.

Sounds stupid? So do you. The three largest exporters to the US are close allies, and Venezuela's dick-waving Chavismo rhetoric against the US is more or less for the polls these days.

As for people talking about the possibility of a false-flag chemical attack by rebels to give the West a reason to intervene, or otherwise questioning the scale of the chemical attacks, these are at least hold merit, particularly in my opinion the latter. I highly doubt the scale of the attacks, according to the current casualty reports, even come close to the usage of chemical weapons by Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war or by Iraq against Kurds to the north (and even the latter had roughly the same death toll and was even more one-sided than the current Syrian civil war.) Whether or not international law with sustain the claims and warrant intervention is irrelevant at this point, Russia will veto, with China also vetoing or abstaining.

More curious is that the British parliament just rejected action by a narrow margin, which hurts the possibility of a robust coalition to shore up support for some level of action. BBC News - David Cameron loses Syria vote in Commons (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783)

LOL aite chill out for a second potnerd. But lets begin here. The only reason Canada has not been invaded by United States is because the country is literally a puppet for America. (Stephen Harper LOOL) The moment America starts needing more oil is the moment they will kindly tell Canada. If Canada disagrees, (which probably won't happen considering the first statement) they will invade.

As far as your second comment goes, I can't argue with you. Well put.

ScubaToaster
29 Aug 2013, 05:41pm
I'm literally just waiting for the day I walk into work and get told I'm deploying to Syria.

Kill them all with that Marine testosterone.

PotshotPolka
29 Aug 2013, 06:13pm
LOL aite chill out for a second potnerd. But lets begin here. The only reason Canada has not been invaded by United States is because the country is literally a puppet for America. (Stephen Harper LOOL) The moment America starts needing more oil is the moment they will kindly tell Canada. If Canada disagrees, (which probably won't happen considering the first statement) they will invade.

Oh good, you're being a worthless troll. For a second I thought you seriously believed the verbal diarrhea you were posting.

PingPong
29 Aug 2013, 06:58pm

You'd have to retarded to actually believe that. Also if the U.S. wanted Canada they would take it. To put into perspective the majority of the bases in the U.S. have more man power in just one of them then the entire Canadian Forces. As for being puppets you're an idiot, if that was the case then how come we stayed out of Vietnam and Iraq?

Monster
29 Aug 2013, 07:08pm
I just hope that there isn't another war. It all depends on what Obamanation decides to do...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Habibi
29 Aug 2013, 08:05pm
You'd have to retarded to actually believe that. Also if the U.S. wanted Canada they would take it. To put into perspective the majority of the bases in the U.S. have more man power in just one of them then the entire Canadian Forces. As for being puppets you're an idiot, if that was the case then how come we stayed out of Vietnam and Iraq?

LOL. Bro, obviously Canada isn't going to follow United States to every war. I'm talking about behind closed doors. Canada is a peaceful country, you don't hear about Canada invading countries. They are always there for peace and to help out. America on the other hand isn't.

@ Potnerd: I was serious about everything I said, I don't see your point. QUIT NERD RAGING

PotshotPolka
29 Aug 2013, 08:35pm
LOL. Bro, obviously Canada isn't going to follow United States to every war. I'm talking about behind closed doors. Canada is a peaceful country, you don't hear about Canada invading countries. They are always there for peace and to help out. America on the other hand isn't.

@ Potnerd: I was serious about everything I said, I don't see your point. QUIT NERD RAGING

And my patience wears thin. Read the sections rules before you come back.

high rws
30 Aug 2013, 01:30am
so what the hell do we talk about now

Fartingo
30 Aug 2013, 01:23pm
It all depends on what Obamanation decides to do...

All Obama wants to do is start another war (WW3). I say the American people impeach this clown immediately.

He will be acting against the US Constitution if he decides to launch an attack.

https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1371/56/1371564158973.jpg

Idiots like you are the reason Obama was elected in the first place. You know that, right?

Caution
30 Aug 2013, 03:57pm
Apparently Obama has said that boots down in Syria is "not an option."

high rws
31 Aug 2013, 05:44am
"There are few countries which have the capacity to inflict a punishment by appropriate means. France is one of them. We are ready."

- Francois Hollande

looks like france is usa's #1 ally at the moment, they've replaced uk. makes sense since it's a former colony anyway

Who?s our closest ally now? France ? MSNBC (http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/30/whos-our-closest-ally-now-france/)

France, ironically, stands as strongest U.S. ally in sanctioning Syria - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-syria-france-us-airstrikes-ally-20130830,0,1745285.story)

the only other countries that will probably help in the conflict in terms of bases/military support are probably israel/jordan/saudi arabia (as far as i know). i think turkey looks promising though based on news reports

Zaraki
31 Aug 2013, 07:00am
I don't care who did it, America isn't the world's watchdog. We have to stay out!
We don't have to meddle with the situation in Syria.

PotshotPolka
31 Aug 2013, 09:59am
Well it's fair that we do nothing, it's not like the Russians and Iranians arm and fund Assad and let Syria trade weapons for Hezbollah manpower, and certainly the Sunni Arabs surely aren't arming their favored militias to mix it up. Frankly it seems like the liberal opposition has been marginalized over the last couple years, and if either side (granted the opposition is a smorgasbord of "sides") wins, the Syrian people and the region will gain little in terms of stability.

The leveling of some of the regime's military capacity, or hopefully even the threat of action might allow for some breakthrough in the diplomatic stalemate.

high rws
31 Aug 2013, 12:30pm
Obama asks Congress to OK strike on Syria (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/08/31/obama-makes-statement-on-syria/2751085/)

as of 3 minutes ago

Monster
31 Aug 2013, 01:48pm
Just saw that on infowars. At least he is doing something right... For once.

Bork
31 Aug 2013, 02:27pm
How high are you? The president must seek congressional approval for any proposed military action. He's simply doing what he's SUPPOSED to.

Caution
31 Aug 2013, 05:27pm
this is exactly what they want you to think lol. That the Syrian government used chemical weapons so they can invade and take the oil just like they did with Iraq and Libya.

I'll take Kurdish Genocide for $600.

Zaraki
31 Aug 2013, 05:41pm
I'll take Kurdish Genocide for $600.

As a marine, I hope for you that this war / military action in syria will not happen.
But what has Obama to lose? He's out in 3 years, better make the best of it.

Monster
31 Aug 2013, 05:43pm
How high are you? The president must seek congressional approval for any proposed military action. He's simply doing what he's SUPPOSED to.

He was planning on not going to congress... Once the American people started to wake up Obama was forced to try to get approval (since he could've been impeached). Just go to infowars and don't buy into mainstream media. Either way if he gets his green light then tons of people will still die, it is a lose lose situation .

PotshotPolka
31 Aug 2013, 08:25pm
He was planning on not going to congress... Once the American people started to wake up Obama was forced to try to get approval (since he could've been impeached). Just go to infowars and don't buy into mainstream media. Either way if he gets his green light then tons of people will still die, it is a lose lose situation .

First of all, I've woken up to the fact the HTC One is a shit smartphone. That and infowars is for people who buy their tinfoil by the pallet.

Second, I don't see how you figured he was never going to seek approval from Congress, unless you have some inside man that's feeding whispers in your ear.

Lastly, the fact you keep throwing around the impeachment card betrays your complete lack of knowledge of presidential prerogatives. Believe it or not, presidents can't be impeached for doing things you simply don't agree with, they must be unconstitutional. An impeachment vote is NOT a vote of confidence, and is based on unconstitutional or illegal actions directly linked to the President's involvement. Please, by all means, shed light on this latter point, I'd love to see your evidence besides the self-evident need for a good old fashioned public lynching.

Bork
31 Aug 2013, 09:17pm
Can someone do to him what happened to Bubblez for being too derp?

Zaraki: If military action is going to be taken, Obama already assured everyone that there would be no boots on the ground. This can always be changed or be worked around, but at least from the start, there will be no ground forces sent into Syria. Most likely, there will be limited (Obama's words) strikes from the air, which would originate from naval forces in the vicinity. Let's just hope Caution can bring those planes home in one piece.

Caution
31 Aug 2013, 10:30pm
which would originate from naval forces in the vicinity. Let's just hope Caution can bring those planes home in one piece.

That's all Navy controllers, not Marines.

Veggie
1 Sep 2013, 12:07am
Some Senators said a limited short scoped attack would have little effect on Syria. So now we wait & see when Congress votes. I don't see them Voting for putting boots on the ground.

Zaraki
3 Sep 2013, 06:37am
Throw a big fat nuke on Syria. Bye bye Problem!

EDIT: Yes this is sarcasm, but not entirely.

Tamahome
5 Sep 2013, 04:13pm
As someone mere weeks away from being operational, I hope we don't go :S

Caution
5 Sep 2013, 07:09pm
As a marine, I hope for you that this war / military action in syria will not happen.

I don't mind it...yet.

xxAnGeLxx
6 Sep 2013, 08:18pm
Not only this, if Obama does order something then if Russia attacks it could start mass riots and a possible war with Russia. The riots Obama could uses as leverage to declare a State of Emergency to remain in power for longer than his term allows.

Caution
6 Sep 2013, 08:55pm
to remain in power for longer than his term allows.

I'll take checks and balances for $400.

Conspiracy theories for $600.

Made up rules for $800.

And I'll end it with 'We're technically already in a state of emergency' for $1000.

Bork
7 Sep 2013, 08:36am
I get headaches from Angel's posts. It almost feels like with every word I read, different parts of my brain implode into little bits of red globs the size of Bubblez' brain. Anyway...

Second what Caution says. Angel must have moved from one of those Middle Eastern nations because that sort of crap doesn't happen here and wouldn't happen, as I believe the people and possibly authorities/military would have something to say about it. It's kind of the point of the 2nd Amendment, though in many states, those rights are becoming fewer and fewer. If by some insane chance, Russia declares war on the USA, there wouldn't be riots. Citizens and local authorities would simply brace themselves for possible strikes on US soil. Nuclear weapons would not be used simply because, well, the world would be over. But again, none of that would happen and we won't have to deal with a Barack Caesar. I feel as if Bubblez' and Angel's posts should be looked over in educated threads to determine whether or not they should even exist before everyone's brain explodes and SG turns into a community full of zombies.

ScubaToaster
7 Sep 2013, 09:16am
Not only this, if Obama does order something then if Russia attacks it could start mass riots and a possible war with Russia. The riots Obama could uses as leverage to declare a State of Emergency to remain in power for longer than his term allows.

You've uncovered a great conspiracy by Obama Bin Laden in order to wrest power of the US from the people. We would like to thank you for your brave and outstanding services to the American public.

Dumbo.

PotshotPolka
7 Sep 2013, 12:26pm

http://www.srsbns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/COBRA_COMMANDER_CHANGE_vectorized.png

No really, get out.

SilentGuns
7 Sep 2013, 01:30pm

http://i.imgur.com/jwTIp18.jpg

high rws
13 Sep 2013, 02:20pm
i wonder if we'd be drafted or not in a war with russia

Heavenly Player
13 Sep 2013, 07:51pm
Syria is soverign. Let them do their own thing.

SexualHarassmentPanda
1 Nov 2013, 08:36pm
a lot of things is going on with Syria.

I'm glad this topic was bumped so that we can discuss this.