PDA

View Full Version : WCS?

Dr Pepper
22 Aug 2013, 07:36am
Have any of you guys ever thought of making a war craft server? I think it would make a good addition to SG and they're really fun. I don't see to many of them these days :/. the one I play is always populated but I generally don't like all the racism and ppl in the server (that's just me). let me know what you think :)

Banana Joe
22 Aug 2013, 09:28am
We were building one up at one point, I believe Bob and Jen were in charge of it(correct me if I'm wrong, most likely am). It went pretty well until the big source updated fucked everything over pretty good.
Not quite sure how the stance is towards it as of right now, it's definitely a fun gamemode if you can get a decently populated server.

WriteX
22 Aug 2013, 09:47am
WCS is currently buggy as fuck and it often crashes the server. Just saying.

Lupin
22 Aug 2013, 10:13am
Yeah Bob was running one like about a year ago, but i was only on it once. I enjoyed it cause it had it all the effects and stuff unlike most other WCS servers. I don't think it got that much advertisement for people to play it though.

Zaraki
22 Aug 2013, 11:13am
It is a lot of fun until you have people with classes like Predator. Fucks up every server :p

Banana Joe
22 Aug 2013, 02:59pm
Yeah Bob was running one like about a year ago, but i was only on it once. I enjoyed it cause it had it all the effects and stuff unlike most other WCS servers. I don't think it got that much advertisement for people to play it though.

IIRC it was never finished, so that's why it didn't get any advertisements. I really enjoyed playing around on it though, but if it's still buggy as fuck it's probably not worth looking into.

Random {D-B}
22 Aug 2013, 03:24pm
WCS is currently buggy as fuck and it often crashes the server. Just saying.

rpg then maybe?

Pan32
23 Aug 2013, 09:12am
rpg then maybe?

rpg gets old really fast and wcs is extremely buggy

Neptune
23 Aug 2013, 03:43pm
rpg gets old really fast and wcs is extremely buggy

We did have Surf RPG which had gotten old fast. Which had lead to Surf DM.

Caution
23 Aug 2013, 06:31pm
It is approximately (using exact measurements) one metric clusterfuck.

Banana Joe
23 Aug 2013, 08:06pm

Do you have any peer-reviewed articles to solidify these absurd claims?

Lupin
24 Aug 2013, 10:33am

How long is that in inches

Aznhobo
24 Aug 2013, 08:56pm
How long is that in inches

Lets see, if my calculations are correct, which is always is. It is exactly one fucked up inches.

Bob Loblaw
24 Aug 2013, 10:46pm
Banana Joe summed it up perfectly. We were running one once, and then a css update broke literally everything.

Then we tried it again later on, but it was still incredibly broken.

Frosty
29 Aug 2013, 03:32am
I guess this is rejected then since broken.

Veggie
29 Aug 2013, 01:32pm
Pretty sure we tried this before, it was up for a short time as I remember the Italy map with it running, then it died.