PDA

View Full Version : Need Mapper to edit some zm maps

Haggard
28 May 2008, 03:37am
I have attached 10 old school maps that were fun 1+ years ago but had some minor or major flaws in them. I would like anyone who is good at mapping to sign up for whatever map they want and make the changes needed. I have put screen-shots in the download for each map of spots that need to be fixed in the map. Most of these maps were great just were to easy for zombies so we need some added barricade rooms. In the screen shots I have typed what I think would help the map. I just need mappers to make the updates and post the remake bsp back on the forum.

These maps will be great for napalm and I cant wait to play them again revised. Thanks in advance for all of your help in this. Cheers to a better map selection on napalm!

Haggard
28 May 2008, 03:41am
Some more maps..........

Haggard
28 May 2008, 03:47am
Even More maps....

Haggard
28 May 2008, 03:49am
More...............

SATAN
28 May 2008, 04:25am
Hmmmm i could take a look at some of them.
Fixing minor stuff shouldnt take more than a day or 2.
Ill post again tomorow if i got any ideas once i look at all of them.

Marquis Posa
28 May 2008, 06:16am
some of the maps were already remade by some very good mappers.
here is a list of the maps:

WINTERFUN (40 players)

-Optimized, big time, altered overall lighting and added skybox.
-Added second stack of crates + middle stack in CargoRoom.
-Added second vent to rooftop.
-Changed walls in Pillar Room.
-Added bookcase to Cabin.
-Shortened vent to prevent extreme stacking and added button to trigger fan in vent inside Garage.
-Added teleporters outside vents to prevent zombified players from becoming stuck.
-Added various windows.
-Softened T's from falling at spawn.

-LILA_OFF!CE (54 Players)

Optimized.
Light added.
Narrowed some doorways to easier barricade.
Took out 2 pipes in basement, added second shelf to side of cargo box + added metal shelf near white lights. This was all done to prevent cargobox stacking.

-OFFICEATTACK (68 Players)

Optimized.
Light added.
To prevent stair stacking added 1-2 new props in most barricade-able rooms.
More balanced.

zm_little_city_v7_roy
(not a remake, but the latest version, theres no more crane-exploding-button in this version)
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/43775

zm_citydefence_fixed

changes: fps optimized (wow that map was a 100% solid brush work, no func_details at all and thus the author of this map didnt compile it fully what a jerk!)

i suggest that you edit the remade-versions, because they are just better than the originals.

you can download the maps here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/118279354/maps.rar

Bill Smauz
28 May 2008, 07:46am
I would like to edit zm_omi_facility.

Haggard
10 Jun 2008, 01:47pm
I am still looking for edits on these maps. A good mapper should be able to fix these in only a few minutes. Please find some time to help out because it will benefit Napalm greatly. Thanks!

A. Wesker
10 Jun 2008, 02:01pm
Everyone forgets the original CS_Militia,that was best ever,or CS_Train and maps like those(default CS maps).Prodigy is a good 1 too.Just throwin it out there.

LitKey
10 Jun 2008, 02:23pm
Everyone forgets the original CS_Militia,that was best ever,or CS_Train and maps like those(default CS maps).Prodigy is a good 1 too.Just throwin it out there.

Wrong thread?

GrimExistence
10 Jun 2008, 02:58pm
is it possible to turn militia into a zm map i love that map, and im a lil in experienced but ill take a wack at zm_resort

Astrum
10 Jun 2008, 03:30pm
I'll take a look when I get home from work.

killerkallerant
30 Jun 2008, 10:09pm
are there any other maps that can be edited?

Loller Dan
1 Jul 2008, 08:51am
I am offering to remake "The Lost World".

That map could be alot better with alot more work put into it.

†nnf|ANX!3TY
1 Jul 2008, 02:40pm
I'll take a look at em when I get a chance. I would be willing to help.:cool: