PDA

View Full Version : new server for garrys mod

losaren
16 Aug 2013, 09:04am
Im doing a poll to see what game modes we want that could replace Stronghold and Cinema.
I do not know if these mod works with gm13 and if they are free. Please reply what you think and why or why not.

Banana Joe
16 Aug 2013, 09:05am
Umm.. I think you forgot the poll.

E: Guess it's up now, voting time.

Zaraki
16 Aug 2013, 09:10am
I saw SeaNanners playing an infected/alien version of TTT... Is this a good idea?

losaren
16 Aug 2013, 09:14am
I saw SeaNanners playing an infected/alien version of TTT... Is this a good idea?

That must be morbus he was palying and it could be a good idea but i would rather just play ttt then morbus

Kippe
16 Aug 2013, 09:20am
I thought perp was out of the question?

losaren
16 Aug 2013, 09:21am
well yeah i think it is i just icluded it to see what we want most

LoneWolf
16 Aug 2013, 09:35am
If any of these mods were to be put into a new server, It would be morbus, There was a thread to see if we wanted Morbus and a lot of people voted yes, PERP doesn't work with gmod 13 and if it does, they are cracked or illegal or something like that if Im correct, DarkRP will die very quick.

losaren
16 Aug 2013, 10:00am
what about the perp version we had? Did we sell it? Or is it just to broken to fix?

Lupin
16 Aug 2013, 10:27am
I'd like to see a RP server. With this community, it'd seem a lot of fun. Personally don't like morbus over TTT. Seems way too slow for my liking

Frosty
16 Aug 2013, 12:48pm
RP is just full of trolls and there are too many rules to enforce

Sander Cohen
16 Aug 2013, 02:24pm
Last time we had an RP Server for Gmod I remember it being an absolute nightmare and for the admins I assume it was essentially like running a daycare for retarded children

Anyway I think a Zombie server or MORBUS would be interesting to try out.

Tweezy
16 Aug 2013, 03:21pm
Last time we had an RP Server for Gmod I remember it being an absolute nightmare and for the admins I assume it was essentially like running a daycare for retarded children

Anyway I think a Zombie server or MORBUS would be interesting to try out.

Yeah, it was... I was actually running a zombie mod for quite a while. I was getting a programmer on board to add to the weapons shop (Custom weapons that had special abilities). Unfortunately I had to stop the server for a lack of funds and the gamemode its self was a little buggy on the escape maps ;(

Skyrocket
16 Aug 2013, 03:36pm
Morbus pls.
First, SH is dead. No getting around that.
And then:
Perp/DarkRP/RP requires a lot of maintenance, and won't live for long
ZS is boring hold-and-shoot, but that's my opinion.
Build/flood, I'm not sure how long it'd last.

The only main problems with Morbus is that
1: It's similar (But different enough) to TTT, although I doubt it'd take any population away from TTT
2: As with any other server, it might not live forever.
And lastly, I don't know if it's in the release state yet, if not, we shouldn't get it.

omarfire00
16 Aug 2013, 04:07pm
How about we just remove the Strong Hold server, and that will be good enough. I don't want Morbus coming in and ruining our Trouble in Terrorist's Town player base. I know it might not do such thing, but I would find it annoying having both Morbus and Trouble in Terrorist's Town together.

Random {D-B}
16 Aug 2013, 04:16pm
Having a morbus server would ruin TTT.

Spr00k
16 Aug 2013, 04:28pm
not sure why you would make this poll because just everything on the list is going die or not gonna happen but w.e

i would actually want to see some sort of rp server i really don't care what it is just something fun

AznRule
16 Aug 2013, 04:34pm
Morbus for the win of course

Vick
16 Aug 2013, 04:35pm
Isn't there a slender thingy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8ETVPZoVA
Seems fun. o_o

Leon
16 Aug 2013, 05:56pm

Seems fun. o_o

ImmortalHD :D!!

Kippe
16 Aug 2013, 06:26pm

Seems fun. o_o
It's not public, only 1 server has it afaik

edit: from the creator

Will it be released?

Yes, and most likely on workshop

When?

When I feel like it's time. Other reason is that I have to make really nice dev tools, so players can add more maps as well. But you know these things, they take time.

Vick
16 Aug 2013, 06:29pm
It's not public, only 1 server has it afaik.
Oh.
:/

omarfire00
16 Aug 2013, 07:53pm
I think it has been released. I played it with a couple of my friends a few weeks ago. So I don't know if it's the same or not but maybe we can use that.

EDIT: Nvm it's not the same. But it could be done though imo.

Zaraki
17 Aug 2013, 05:10am
All these private Gamemods :(
The Tower, Morbus, Slender..

Best of the best, but they don't care to share.

UltimateCookieShark
18 Aug 2013, 02:42pm
I vote for gmod fretta

Nishok
19 Aug 2013, 04:04am
How about we just remove the Strong Hold server, and that will be good enough.

Keeping the server online or bot does bot affect the cost of our dedi (neither the resources becausr it can handle it with no problem), so there is no real need to shut it down until we have a replacement mod to install, then it will definitely be changed to that mod.

Matt
20 Aug 2013, 08:22am
Keeping the server online or bot does bot affect the cost of our dedi (neither the resources becausr it can handle it with no problem), so there is no real need to shut it down until we have a replacement mod to install, then it will definitely be changed to that mod.

MORBUS

Gator
20 Aug 2013, 09:20am
Matt and I were playing Slender yesterday. Super fun. The Slender usually wins but it really takes teamwork for the players to win. If only it wasn't a private mod though.

Kippe
20 Aug 2013, 09:23am
Matt and I were playing Slender yesterday. Super fun. The Slender usually wins but it really takes teamwork for the players to win. If only it wasn't a private mod though.

I tried to play it last week but gave up after I waited half an hour for a new round to start.

Sleggie
20 Aug 2013, 04:10pm
SLEDBUILD!!!

After this make second poll for nominations, then a third for winner. Only if people accept having a new server, of course.

Neptune
20 Aug 2013, 07:12pm
SLEDBUILD!!!

After this make second poll for nominations, then a third for winner. Only if people accept having a new server, of course.

This would be a good idea as a seasonal server, Christmas.