PDA

View Full Version : Scrim - Add and extra spot for a ringer.

Pyro
11 Aug 2013, 07:39pm
Simply adding an extra slot on the server, i think would help a lot of scrims go smoother due to randies leaving a lot and just sometimes people have to go.

A few issues that might arise that i thought are:

* If there are 11 people while teams are being picked, the person who doesnt get pick simply watches the scrim and gets put in if need but the same person cannot sit out 2 scrims in a row and must be picked last pick or not next scrim.

* Limit both teams to 5 so retards to try 6v5 bullshit when no admins are on.

There might be an issue with ghosting and the only solution i can think of is blocking specs from specing anyone but i think this would cause way more of an annoyance then it would good. I think we'd just have to watch out for ghosting like we do now, with some common sense.

Discuss.

Lupin
11 Aug 2013, 08:01pm
I thought there was always an invisible slot for players? o.o I've seen the server at 11/10 at times

Pyro
11 Aug 2013, 08:08pm
That only rarely happens when to people connect at the same time for the last spot, or that might be pugtv your thinking about.

high rws
11 Aug 2013, 08:10pm
There might be an issue with ghosting

there you have it

Caution
11 Aug 2013, 08:18pm
there you have it

^^

Lupin
11 Aug 2013, 08:19pm
That only rarely happens when to people connect at the same time for the last spot, or that might be pugtv your thinking about.

Nah it was before pugtv. I remember we were in a scrim on season 5v5 full server, and then in the middle of the scrim Mind control or whoever just joins the scrim.

Caution
11 Aug 2013, 08:44pm
Nah it was before pugtv. I remember we were in a scrim on season 5v5 full server, and then in the middle of the scrim Mind control or whoever just joins the scrim.

There was a glitch with the steam update that auto set it at 11 slots and we couldn't change it at first. This issue has been rectified for awhile though

Spr00k
11 Aug 2013, 08:56pm
I would say yes but its not that hard to get a replacement unless its really late or steam just goes offline.

Noobster
11 Aug 2013, 09:34pm
i think pyros got a good idea, i see alot of other servers having 11 slots. I mean that doesnt mean that we should do it too, but it would be more good then bad

Octa
12 Aug 2013, 12:14am
I cant think of many people who would be willing to just sit there and watch a scrim they may not get to play in. I dont see the real point in it, besides making whoever doesnt get picked feel like shit and leave lol

ChriizCC
12 Aug 2013, 12:41am
If this gets done then I'll never get to play! :"( (unless if it's some randy being cpt and pick me or if the other 3 players or worst then I am(don't thing so))

People could be ghosting but I for fact would love to be in spectate and watch other people play(as long as it's not always). I could learn from them. ;)

It's a yes and no for me, but more of a yes. xD

^ you see what I did? (example(example)) thats not how it should be used right?

Nasu
12 Aug 2013, 06:09am
never had too many problems with players leaving.

this would probably just become a problem and a hassle to manage

Game Freak
12 Aug 2013, 06:14am
I remember we used to have a ringerslot a long time ago, believe it got removed due to suspicion of ghosting. Though some newer players might learn a couple of things it's a double edged sword really. Personally i think it's not necesary.

Random {D-B}
12 Aug 2013, 08:14am
Ghosting is a problem here like you guys said.

sebak
12 Aug 2013, 08:40am
If its just ghosting that's a problem. There are plugins that make spectators screen go black. But then there is no reason to have 11 and better to just have autojoin

Neptune
12 Aug 2013, 10:14am
I mean it would be a good idea for having another player ready but its not really worth the risk of ghosting. You could always invite a friend real quick, never really had that problem unless no one was on. If you really wanted to watch a scrim and get better just watch it on sourceTV I guess.

Banana Joe
12 Aug 2013, 11:44am
Did anyone else read "ringer" as the n-word?

BlackWhite
12 Aug 2013, 12:47pm
Did anyone else read "ringer" as the n-word?

nope

XeNo
12 Aug 2013, 11:04pm
i think pyros got a good idea, i see alot of other servers having 11 slots. I mean that doesnt mean that we should do it too, but it would be more good then bad
Over half of those are servers where they think SourceTV takes up a slot. Or they are actual team scrim servers and the 11th slot is used to have subs to join then someone immediately leaves.

The Pug server just doesn't need 11 slots. Your main issue is people leaving...which means there is a slot. Not hard to fill it, and you shouldn't be forcing the fat kid of the scrim to sit in spec JUST IN CASE someone decides to leave. On top of the ghosting issue already, we do not need more plugins on the server.

Noobster
12 Aug 2013, 11:31pm
Over half of those are servers where they think SourceTV takes up a slot. Or they are actual team scrim servers and the 11th slot is used to have subs to join then someone immediately leaves.

The Pug server just doesn't need 11 slots. Your main issue is people leaving...which means there is a slot. Not hard to fill it, and you shouldn't be forcing the fat kid of the scrim to sit in spec JUST IN CASE someone decides to leave. On top of the ghosting issue already, we do not need more plugins on the server.

That's true it could cause some problems, I thought about it as like a learning experience for the fat kids. Best way to learn how to play is watching others

Spr00k
13 Aug 2013, 02:44pm
That's true it could cause some problems, I thought about it as like a learning experience for the fat kids. Best way to learn how to play is watching others

Some people learn differently though, some people may learn by just playing others may learn by listening to what they have to do or just watching.

Caution
13 Aug 2013, 05:55pm

So request a demo from STV? lol

omarfire00
14 Aug 2013, 04:30pm
I think this is a good idea. You all say that ghosting might be the biggest problem and the only problem there is. If so maybe we could have a plugin that delays the game for 2 minutes within the spectator team. I don't know if there could be such thing but if there is, I don't see a problem in adding it.

Lupin
14 Aug 2013, 04:56pm
I think this is a good idea. You all say that ghosting might be the biggest problem and the only problem there is. If so maybe we could have a plugin that delays the game for 2 minutes within the spectator team. I don't know if there could be such thing but if there is, I don't see a problem in adding it.

Im 99.9% sure there is no plugin that makes it so the spec team has a delay while they're watching. Getting a replacement really isn't that hard nor does it take long o.o. More plugins would just make reg even worse

Caution
14 Aug 2013, 05:33pm
This just isn't going to happen, sorry.

In theory, it's a great idea, but it would create even more issues with the amount of ghosting that could / would occur. To prevent this, we'd have to add another plugin, and that would just tax the server more, making shittier reg.